Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeepGal
    More importantly, it makes us realize how important it is to always remember to wheel with a buddy.
    Yah, if I ever were to go to the desert or something, I would make sure to go with someone. Being that this was only a mile or 2 from houses (and my bike in the back) it wasent that big of a deal

In the near future I am planning on getting some lockers and a 3" lift. That should help.
    Last edited by Killer Angel; 11-11-03, 04:56 PM.
    95 YJ
    Stock 4banger
    31" Perelli ATV's

Comment

Where are you going wheeling in Poway? Are there actually places to go around here?

The closest thing I can think of is Black Mountain but there shouldnt be too much ash there.

C'mon, lets hear it!

Josh

Comment

Not only is the particulate of the ash directly a lung irritant, but the smoke and ash is also rich with mold spores. That is an additional reason there were so many headaches among us during the fires.

It would be wise to keep a pack of good dust masks (N-95) in the back of the rig.
        Insert witty comment here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandelon
          It would be wise to keep a pack of good dust masks (N-95) in the back of the rig.
          Which is what I threw in when I got home There are actualy 3 places in poway that I know of. 1 Being black mountain, 1 behind Scripts Poway Parkway. There is a big hill that goes up to an abandoned military base thing where they used to store missiles in bunkers. If ya wana go just gime a hollar and I'll show ya the way.

The third is right off of Espola Road and Twin peaks. At the corner where the circle K is, the neighbourhood under tooth rock there is a trail that goes back there. That way is for hikers. If you go up Hidden Valley Road there is a turnoff called Tooth Rock Road that goes down inti the canyon (where I was stuck).

Anyways, as far as I know, #3 says keep out no vehicles, #2 there isnt really any signs untill you get to the military complex and #1 is legal.
          Last edited by Killer Angel; 11-11-03, 08:12 PM.
          95 YJ
          Stock 4banger
          31" Perelli ATV's

Comment

That is cool they are so close to home. I will definitely plan on checking those out.

Comment

Anyone go out there about 2:30 today? There was a Blue Jeep Cherokee that I saw when I was out there.
              95 YJ
              Stock 4banger
              31" Perelli ATV's

Comment

I think I may check out the one near Espola tommorow.

Email me at joperj@cox.net if you want to show me around. I will be home from work around 4pm. That corner (Espola/Twin) is pretty close to where I live.

Josh

Comment

We are heading to Borrego at 2:00.

Comment

Oceanside, CA. here.

Mostly run LCIR, Big Bear, Ocotilla...etc. Will try running Johnson Valley again when my Jeep grows up some more.

Have about 6 buddies in the area that i work with all with Jeeps, we usually do runs monthly sometimes more. We will be at LCIR on December 6th i hope to meet/see those of you going.

Donny
                    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
                    AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
                    15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
                    33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
                    FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
                    Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
                    RE Hand Throttle
                    Optima Red Top
                    K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

Working...
                    X