X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PondScum
    replied
    Oceanside, CA. here.

Mostly run LCIR, Big Bear, Ocotilla...etc. Will try running Johnson Valley again when my Jeep grows up some more.

Have about 6 buddies in the area that i work with all with Jeeps, we usually do runs monthly sometimes more. We will be at LCIR on December 6th i hope to meet/see those of you going.

Donny

Leave a comment:

• Mandelon
    replied
    We are heading to Borrego at 2:00.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I think I may check out the one near Espola tommorow.

Email me at joperj@cox.net if you want to show me around. I will be home from work around 4pm. That corner (Espola/Twin) is pretty close to where I live.

Josh

Leave a comment:

• Killer Angel
    replied
    Anyone go out there about 2:30 today? There was a Blue Jeep Cherokee that I saw when I was out there.

Leave a comment:

• Mandelon
    replied
    That is cool they are so close to home. I will definitely plan on checking those out.

Leave a comment:

• Killer Angel
    replied
    Originally posted by Mandelon
    It would be wise to keep a pack of good dust masks (N-95) in the back of the rig.
    Which is what I threw in when I got home There are actualy 3 places in poway that I know of. 1 Being black mountain, 1 behind Scripts Poway Parkway. There is a big hill that goes up to an abandoned military base thing where they used to store missiles in bunkers. If ya wana go just gime a hollar and I'll show ya the way.

The third is right off of Espola Road and Twin peaks. At the corner where the circle K is, the neighbourhood under tooth rock there is a trail that goes back there. That way is for hikers. If you go up Hidden Valley Road there is a turnoff called Tooth Rock Road that goes down inti the canyon (where I was stuck).

Anyways, as far as I know, #3 says keep out no vehicles, #2 there isnt really any signs untill you get to the military complex and #1 is legal.
    Last edited by Killer Angel; 11-11-03, 08:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mandelon
    replied
    Not only is the particulate of the ash directly a lung irritant, but the smoke and ash is also rich with mold spores. That is an additional reason there were so many headaches among us during the fires.

It would be wise to keep a pack of good dust masks (N-95) in the back of the rig.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Where are you going wheeling in Poway? Are there actually places to go around here?

The closest thing I can think of is Black Mountain but there shouldnt be too much ash there.

C'mon, lets hear it!

Josh

Leave a comment:

• Killer Angel
    replied
    Originally posted by JeepGal
    More importantly, it makes us realize how important it is to always remember to wheel with a buddy.
    Yah, if I ever were to go to the desert or something, I would make sure to go with someone. Being that this was only a mile or 2 from houses (and my bike in the back) it wasent that big of a deal

In the near future I am planning on getting some lockers and a 3" lift. That should help.
    Last edited by Killer Angel; 11-11-03, 04:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by JeepGal

I can honestly say that this group has become my second family. We all pull together and help each other out, not just in the dirt, but our personal lives as well. Glad you found us

Tam
    Just watch it...you can get addicted to these guys.

Leave a comment:

• JeepGal
    replied
    wow...glad to hear youre ok..

I havent really said Hello yet, SOOO...HELLO! And WELCOME to the forum...hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

I honestly didnt think of the health issues surrounding wheeling in burned out areas. Thankyou for bringing it to our attention, as Im sure with all the recent fires, we'll be doing it more and more.

More importantly, it makes us realize how important it is to always remember to wheel with a buddy.

Looking forward to meeting you in person. This group kinda got together little more then a year ago, when my 02TJ was bone stock. Emily (my jeep) and I have grown alot over the last year or so, and this group has too I can honestly say that this group has become my second family. We all pull together and help each other out, not just in the dirt, but our personal lives as well. Glad you found us

Tam

Leave a comment:

• Killer Angel
    replied
    Well, I learned something yesterday about 4wd I was going back some trails after the fire had went through there. Well, I never thought about all of the ash that would be there. Got stuck for 45min by myself till I cranked up all the wheeles and put rocks underneath to get out of 1/2 feet of ash. The main trail was fine untill I tried to turn arround in a little turnout. I was only a mile or 2 from houses and I had my bike in the back. Digging through all that ash didnt help my lungs out any either. When I blew my nose just black crap came out, as well as chest pains and harder breathing.

Hey, I learned a lesson, and atleast it was in a easy way
    Last edited by Killer Angel; 11-11-03, 11:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mandelon
    replied
    Borrego

We went to Borrego over the weekend 11/7-11/9 and will be going back again the next weekend.

The little Wrangler did great. We hit rocks, boulders, sand, and mud and nothing slowed us down. Tons of fun. Next weekend weather should be great too.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Los Coyotes is a fun place to play even if your Jeep isn't really built up. There bypassess for pretty much everything and you get a xerox of the trail map when you enter the reservation.

I had fun just driving around on some of the fire roads in 2wd looking at the scenery.

Josh

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Killer Angel
    Never Been to Los Coyotes. Only thing is that have a 95 Wrangler with a 4banger and everything is stock except for the 31" Offroad Scorpion Perelli's I got on there.
    Someone told me that there are plenty of bypasses. I just did Panamint Valley Days on 215s and no real problems. Just stuff that sounded expensive at the time. I am planning Los Coyotes and should have my 31s by then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X