• Show
Clear All

• Any San Diego residents out there?

Just looking for locals....
    Insert witty comment here.

I am out in Poway, with a Cherokee.

Josh

Comment

We (king4wd2 and king4wd) are up in Hesperia, about a 2 hour drive depending on which vehicle we drive
      1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
      Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Hollywood...couple of hours depending on traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by twcguy
          I am out in Poway, with a Cherokee.

Josh
          No shit. I am in poway too. I am right on the border of Poway/RB off of espola.
          95 YJ
          Stock 4banger
          31" Perelli ATV's

Comment

I was at a house off Valle Verde on Thursday, then up to 67 and down to Lakeside. Lots of scorched earth along there.

Comment

I am planning to go out to Borrego within the next month or so with a friend who got a new (used) Jeep Cherokee. It wont be real hard offroading, but it should still be fun.
              95 YJ
              Stock 4banger
              31" Perelli ATV's

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Angel
                I am planning to go out to Borrego within the next month or so with a friend who got a new (used) Jeep Cherokee. It wont be real hard offroading, but it should still be fun.
                Do you have a Jeep too? I may be up to a day trip out to Borrego.

There is (hopefully) going to be a trip to Los Coyotes on the 5-7th of December. You should come along if you can make the time for it!

Josh

Comment

Never Been to Los Coyotes. Only thing is that have a 95 Wrangler with a 4banger and everything is stock except for the 31" Offroad Scorpion Perelli's I got on there.
                  95 YJ
                  Stock 4banger
                  31" Perelli ATV's

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Angel
                    Never Been to Los Coyotes. Only thing is that have a 95 Wrangler with a 4banger and everything is stock except for the 31" Offroad Scorpion Perelli's I got on there.
                    Someone told me that there are plenty of bypasses. I just did Panamint Valley Days on 215s and no real problems. Just stuff that sounded expensive at the time. I am planning Los Coyotes and should have my 31s by then.

Comment

Los Coyotes is a fun place to play even if your Jeep isn't really built up. There bypassess for pretty much everything and you get a xerox of the trail map when you enter the reservation.

I had fun just driving around on some of the fire roads in 2wd looking at the scenery.

Josh

Comment

Borrego

We went to Borrego over the weekend 11/7-11/9 and will be going back again the next weekend.

The little Wrangler did great. We hit rocks, boulders, sand, and mud and nothing slowed us down. Tons of fun. Next weekend weather should be great too.

Comment

Well, I learned something yesterday about 4wd I was going back some trails after the fire had went through there. Well, I never thought about all of the ash that would be there. Got stuck for 45min by myself till I cranked up all the wheeles and put rocks underneath to get out of 1/2 feet of ash. The main trail was fine untill I tried to turn arround in a little turnout. I was only a mile or 2 from houses and I had my bike in the back. Digging through all that ash didnt help my lungs out any either. When I blew my nose just black crap came out, as well as chest pains and harder breathing.

Hey, I learned a lesson, and atleast it was in a easy way
                          Last edited by Killer Angel; 11-11-03, 11:08 AM.
                          95 YJ
                          Stock 4banger
                          31" Perelli ATV's

Comment

wow...glad to hear youre ok..

I havent really said Hello yet, SOOO...HELLO! And WELCOME to the forum...hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

I honestly didnt think of the health issues surrounding wheeling in burned out areas. Thankyou for bringing it to our attention, as Im sure with all the recent fires, we'll be doing it more and more.

More importantly, it makes us realize how important it is to always remember to wheel with a buddy.

Looking forward to meeting you in person. This group kinda got together little more then a year ago, when my 02TJ was bone stock. Emily (my jeep) and I have grown alot over the last year or so, and this group has too I can honestly say that this group has become my second family. We all pull together and help each other out, not just in the dirt, but our personal lives as well. Glad you found us

Tam
                            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal

I can honestly say that this group has become my second family. We all pull together and help each other out, not just in the dirt, but our personal lives as well. Glad you found us

Tam
                              Just watch it...you can get addicted to these guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X