Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
    Ok, I checked the link to adventure 4x4 and now that I see what they wrote I feel like a rat

I was the Jeeper on the trail that advised them to turn around on Odessa... I talked to the trail leader and He admitted that he had never done Odessa, and so I didn't think that a night run was best for all the new and pretty FJ's in the group.

I am sorry I doubted you guys, The FJ's did great on the trail and the H3 guy broke and is a great sport about everything, He really took it well and finished the trail despite my being a Jerk. I have to say I'm sorry and they all thought I acted like a Jerk on the trail but I can't post on their BBS, so somebody will have to direct them here...

Really, I'm not usually that guy. I just didn't think that the group was in for a good time that night and I would have rather seen them turn around and try Odessa in the daylight ... but after reading their run reports, I hope they accept my apology.
    thereis no reason to apologize
    there are no hard feelings
    I was tearing down the P A system and talking to friends from TTORA when the group headed out, I was not on the run even though I was part of the group at the event. Earlier I had been asked if a FJC would make Odessa, I had replied Yes, I had no Idea they were going try it for a night run.
    My Knee had gotten twisted that day and I was on my cane so THey figured(as I mentioned earlier not wanting to run that night) I was not going go up it, they left.
    I agree that they should not have been on the trail at night with no one knowing the trail, and over half the group are first year wheelers, but after looking at a carnage report, you have to admit, 1, the vehicles are more than up to it, most were not lifted, 2. they have been very well instructed to watch spotters and do exactly what they are told.
    I left that evening and went to the doctor to check out th plastic in my knee, next morning I heard the H3 was broken on trail and got out my Jeep, ( I had run my FJC at the event)ran up Odessa to find them, found a recovery in progress and talked to everyone. They are all doing fine, and are Jazzed about the group effort that took place, yes they know they bit off a lot to chew, but they pulled together and did it.
    You will find on that site, we do not put other makes of vehicles down, we have brought Touaregs up coyote canyon, and found with a good driver it was not an effort. Over half the guys on that run have also taken on the bull and holcomb creek 2 weekends ago in stock FJCs. It is quite the amazing machine.
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

ok, now that the drama's over ... how about some pics!!

Cleanup Pics

I'll write the report a little later.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

i had my camera stolen out of my jeep like a week before the run so i could not take any pics. if anyone has pics of the dump off site on the lake bed could you put them up so we can see how much junk we collected.

Comment

I'm in Vegas right now working. I was talking about Calico and a union electrician heard me. He says he heard about the clean up through a freind of his, about how great it was. He said it's getting good press in the Jeep community out here. Way to go guys! THe word's gettin out there.

Rat
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

It was good seeing everyone there and meeting new faces. Unfortunatly I didnt get my camera out until we were almost finished so I only got a few pics. Our group put up signs and picked up trash on the main trail going into Odessa. Chris and Mike did the signs between picking up trash. While Tammy, Zack and I did trash. It felt good to be part of the recovery team. It reinforced some basic rules out there. Dont drink and drive on the trail and if you dont know whats over a hill, look before you going flying over it. Some pics.
            Mike and Chris driving the signs into the rocks. With all the rocks a lot of the signs got the ends destroyed trying to set them.

BLM guy (can't remenber name) Chris and Mike installing sign at the entrance.

Our Patriotic Jeeps.

Dennis
            04 TJ
            4.0/Auto
            RE 4.5 Long Arm
            Rock-It Man Rockers
            33x12.50 BFG A/T
            desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

Dennis, Great work pictures and thanks for not posting up those undesirable pics. You guys did a great job and BLM couldn't say enough.
              "run forest, run!"

Comment

drama, drama, drama...

ouch...

Originally posted by sarah View Post
                ok, now that the drama's over ... how about some pics!!

Cleanup Pics

I'll write the report a little later.
                "run forest, run!"

Comment

Looks like it was alot of fun

its too bad im several thousand miles away and in a different nation. i would have came for sure, but alas it was not ment to be. you guys are so lucky to have stuff like that near you, i dont thinkt here is any sort of wheeling like that here, and nothing that organized. o well, maybe one day i will make a huge road trip and come for a visit.

Hurricane

Comment

All I can say is it was worth every minute. I'll do it again in second. Every time I drive by Calico now I'll know I had a hand in keeping the place presentable for all who visit there. And the trail markers, however crooked they might be are part of my handy work. I really wanted to keep the sofa though, the floral pattern was way cool...
                    Rat

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                      All I can say is it was worth every minute. I'll do it again in second. Every time I drive by Calico now I'll know I had a hand in keeping the place presentable for all who visit there. And the trail markers, however crooked they might be are part of my handy work. I really wanted to keep the sofa though, the floral pattern was way cool...
                      Rat
                      it went well with the washer, dryer, tv, vcr, and all of the other cool furniture
                      you could have filled your whole boat with all of the cool weathered stuff.
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
                        it went well with the washer, dryer, tv, vcr, and all of the other cool furniture
                        you could have filled your whole boat with all of the cool weathered stuff.

Comment

so, what do you get when you are welding with batteries and have no heat control, you are in a confined space and under a H3

and he drove out on that, ouch
                          censored for having an opinion

Comment

Totals

Joint Clean Up Totals:

(448) rigs, (741) energetic volunteers, (16) tons of trash, (5) vehicles recovered, (67) trail markers installed, (2) kiosks installed, and all of the graffiti in the canyons was removed. BLM Barstow Field Office extends their gratitude and thanks to all those that participated and contributed to this events success. Their staff led a church youth group and IE4WD played in the Calico's this last weekend. Both groups swore that Calico hasn't been that clean in many, many years.

Thanks again!
                            "run forest, run!"

Comment

Working...
                            X