Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare Gulch

Good times, good people. Had a Blast, here some pics.
    Seconds to disaster.

Last edited by paulhead; 01-30-07, 01:45 AM.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

And that is the EXACT reason why you dont wheel with a hardtop...my condolences to your window.

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

great pic's, thanks for sharing. I don't like mud either! lol
      Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

man i wish i could have made that one. oh well next time. nice pics//Kevin

Comment

nice guys ill try and get min up soon. I wish I would have waited and watched you guys do that V-notch. I thought it was too wet and didnt think anyone else was going to try it. Kurt your crazy!

Well sad news.... the unexpected happen early this morning when i went to go and make sure my Jeep wasnt full of water, I noticed my door was not shut. Someone went through all of my stuff and took all my CDs, ripped out my Cobra CB, took my 4oowtt power converter, and brand new Leatherman I got for X-mas. Luckily thye didnt look in back to see my compressor, & all my tools (dunno what I would do if those were gone). Those bastards are lucky I wasnt awake...oh man this kills me!
          [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
            nice guys ill try and get min up soon. I wish I would have waited and watched you guys do that V-notch. I thought it was too wet and didnt think anyone else was going to try it. Kurt your crazy!

Well sad news.... the unexpected happen early this morning when i went to go and make sure my Jeep wasnt full of water, I noticed my door was not shut. Someone went through all of my stuff and took all my CDs, ripped out my Cobra CB, took my 4oowtt power converter, and brand new Leatherman I got for X-mas. Luckily thye didnt look in back to see my compressor, & all my tools (dunno what I would do if those were gone). Those bastards are lucky I wasnt awake...oh man this kills me!
            Mike that just sucks! Nothing's sacred anymore. If you find out who it was (yeah right), call me and we'll have a little "get back" party...

Rat
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Nightmare Gulch Pics 1/07

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>
              Last edited by JeepGal; 01-29-07, 03:52 PM.
              [COLOR=DarkGreen]Chris :beer:
              Poison Spyder Custom, it's a beast!![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                Mike that just sucks! Nothing's sacred anymore. If you find out who it was (yeah right), call me and we'll have a little "get back" party...

Rat
                oh and I just found out he took my freegin' shoes and new beanie too. Oh man if I evr did find him, I would just have to send you a picture of his obituary.

So whats the total damage report? I heard broken axle? I think we all know the Suburban is going to be pretty $$$$.
                Kurt did you get any major body damage? or did those new rocker panels do the trick!
                [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Keep those pictures coming! seems like leading a run that size you miss out on a lot stuff. Those Hummers look like turtles out of water except there no good in the water! Imaging if you spent that much on a Jeep what you would have. Sorry to here about vandals Mike, sounds like some young punks who need to get busted. You could set a trap with some fresh bait!
                  [COLOR="Teal"]2006 TJ, 4"Full Traction Ultimate, SYE, CV, 35" MTR's on Champion Beadlocks, WARN 9.5Ti [/COLOR]

Comment

Well, That was a hell of a day! 40 or so Jeeps showed up and made a line almost a quarter mile long at the entrance to Nightmare gulch. Lost a few along the way, the group got split up, it rained, the Sun shone, it was warm, it was cold, there was mud, I mean, what more can an offroader want in a day? Oh yea, lot's of cool people. There were some drinkers (drunk) not in our group, but I think all was pretty well maintained. Not much trash on the trails either. So here are a few of the 200+ pics Pam and I took. The rest are at Photbucket:

The rest are at photobucket: http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...0mare%20Gulch/

Can't wait to do this one again! Pam and I really enjoyed meeting all the new faces out there. That is a fantastic group of wheelers, every one of them!

Rat
                    Last edited by RAT; 01-28-07, 07:44 PM.
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

From the Guys in Ventura County THANKS its always nice to wheel with a GREAT group of 'wheelers we all had a blast! Props to Guardian and the gang at High Desert for coordinating such a fun run. Yes we had some carnage ( Dont bring a Full Size SUV to a jeep party unless you dont need it LOL) Also we at Off Road Works will build a Hard Luck Trophy out of the parts of the cherokee (someone find out who that was Please) and we will give it to them to carry until the next Run and start a new tradition.
                      Until then see ya on the trail.
                      2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Looks like you guys need lessons on doing the v notch in last chance. That is more carnage than I have ever seen.
                        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn View Post
                          Looks like you guys need lessons on doing the v notch in last chance. That is more carnage than I have ever seen.
                          Wow. I guess we were lucky last weekend. I scratched a fender flair (again) on a line that I knew was chancey and a couple of others had minor damage in the V-Notch. Did the folks that tried the V-Notch try it without spotters? That's a tough line without outside guidance.

Regardless, it looks like everyone had a great time. I'm still amazed at the Hummers in Nightmare Gulch. There are some REALLY tight lines in there.
                          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                          [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                            Wow. I guess we were lucky last weekend. I scratched a fender flair (again) on a line that I knew was chancey and a couple of others had minor damage in the V-Notch. Did the folks that tried the V-Notch try it without spotters? That's a tough line without outside guidance.
                            Regardless, it looks like everyone had a great time. I'm still amazed at the Hummers in Nightmare Gulch. There are some REALLY tight lines in there.
                            The V-notch can be done without damage. It's just a matter of keeping your eye on the spotter and in this case we had a good one (forgot his name, sorry dude). It's really tricky because instinctively you want to look at what your doing because you don't understand why he's telling you to do a certain move. But you forget he's watching at a different and than you, then don't trust him, look away and do your own thing, then get stuck sideways in the notch taking out something on the right side of your jeep as the above pictures show. Last time I did the notch I put a nice dent in my L/rear corner almost taking out my tailight and license plate. This time I just kept my eye on the spotter and got through with only a minor scratch on my r/rear flare.
                            “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                            -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

The V-Notch was wet due to rain which changes things a bit. The spotter is a very important factor and you really need to trust the person doing it since he is your eyes. I was already at the trail end when all the V-Notch action took place and was advising those near the front not to try it wet.
                              Last edited by guardian7; 01-29-07, 07:59 AM.
                              [COLOR="Teal"]2006 TJ, 4"Full Traction Ultimate, SYE, CV, 35" MTR's on Champion Beadlocks, WARN 9.5Ti [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X