Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookout-Rowher Jan 13th

January 13th - (Lookout/Rowher) - I am doing a day run starting at Rowher Flats off Sierra Hwy going up Lookout Trail to the Mountain Top and then down the other side on Rowher Trail to Bouquet Canyon Reservoir. Meet at Rowher Flats off Sierra Hwy at 10:00AM. If anyone wants to join the fun just show up. I will have my CB on channel 5 and go by Guardian guardian7@verizon.net
    Run photo link below;
    http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n...ookout-Rowher/

Last edited by guardian7; 01-13-07, 07:27 PM.
    [COLOR="Teal"]2006 TJ, 4"Full Traction Ultimate, SYE, CV, 35" MTR's on Champion Beadlocks, WARN 9.5Ti [/COLOR]

would love to go but i have some weird vibs coming from my rear end on the Jeep. I was just up there about a week ago and it was a fun time. I have never been. Not sure how long its been there but there is a older full size chevy truck that is gutted on the trail. have a fun time!
    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Yeah I saw that truck just after it broke the front steering, wheels were pigeon towed, a month later we went by and it was still there all vandalized!
      Have you done the Lookout Trail?, I like even more than Rowher!
      [COLOR="Teal"]2006 TJ, 4"Full Traction Ultimate, SYE, CV, 35" MTR's on Champion Beadlocks, WARN 9.5Ti [/COLOR]

Comment

yea i did the trail from staging area 3 up the the lok out point. is that what your talking about? yea i liked that trail a lot. I would like i tmore if it were a little bit muddy and not so damn dry. But yea i saw the entrance to Rowher trail (i guess) it was pretty gnarly
        [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Great trail - I want to play!! I want to say that I'll go, but I can't answer that right now. I'll let you know by the end of the week. I'm going to try to make it although I will only have a couple hours to play, which should be enough time.

The Lookout trail is much more difficult than the one going up from the Bouquet Canyon side. In your photobucket, I like this one: http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=PB170147.jpg, it kinda explains itself.
          Last edited by Jumpjet; 01-09-07, 09:04 PM.
          My WJ -

Comment

We may just get some rain if the weather man is right, maybe just enough to make it fun but not too slick to run. Both trails are really fun, I run them alot living nearby. My buddy's and I use the trails to test our rigs after installing lifts, lockers etc or just need to ring the bugs out. If we break something no big deal since we live 15 minutes away and plenty of help is available.

Comment

Originally posted by guardian7 View Post
              We may just get some rain if the weather man is right, maybe just enough to make it fun but not too slick to run. Both trails are really fun, I run them alot living nearby. My buddy's and I use the trails to test our rigs after installing lifts, lockers etc or just need to ring the bugs out. If we break something no big deal since we live 15 minutes away and plenty of help is available.
              if no rain on friday, I will be there at 10 am. I have been up there 2 time so far, and started from lake side go up much more fun.
              Last edited by youngkim; 01-11-07, 10:32 PM.

Comment

the side from the bouquet side is tough and would not want to waste my time and break there and not be able to do anything else. I was looking at doing it and was looking for a winch point just in case but didnt really see anything that was good enough to hold me. i would like to try it but maybe another day. dont think i will make it but if i can get the jeep fixed and dont have plans ill be there!

Comment

I broke a axle on lookout about 2 months ago. it cost $300 to get it off the mountain and home to whites canyon. it was the end of the day we had took drinkwater to del sur rd out on bouquet to the trail that leads into rowher flats staging area. it was the end of the day and my partner says lets go up lookout before we go. needless to say that didnt work out to well. it took 4 hours to get off that mountain. the really fun part was coming back down that hill backwards with no brakes axle broke half way up.
                  Last edited by CWOLF; 01-10-07, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CWOLF View Post
                    I broke a axle on lookout about 2 months ago. it cost $300 to get it off the mountain and home to whites canyon. it was the end of the day we had took drinkwater to del sur rd out on bouquet to the trail that leads into rowher flats staging area. it was the end of the day and my partner says lets go up lookout before we go. needless to say that didnt work out to well. it took 4 hours to get off that mountain. the really fun part was coming back down that hill backwards with no brakes axle broke half way up.
                    Man, I can't even imagine doing that, or even how you did that. Sorry to hear that. Glad you mad it down and back home safely. I refuse to try to go DOWN the lookout trail, going UP is scary enough.

Does anyone know the difficulty rating # for the Rowher trail, the Lookout trail and the one on the Bouquet Canyon side?
                    Last edited by Jumpjet; 01-10-07, 09:27 PM.
                    My WJ -

Comment

going up Lookout was great! I was trying to do all the hard lines but my tires never slipped much at all. Just had it in first gear and had my thumb throttle turned up, then sat back and relaxed and shot some pics on the way. coming down sux cuz its takes long and is not as fun. man....i wanna go wheeling

Comment

Rowher has bypasses for the harder parts on Bouquet Canyon side if anyone feels they don't want do try it they don't have to. I also have a winch and straps in case anyone should need help. Most times I have seen an axle break it was due to tires spinning and vehicle bouncing while trying to climb a hard section without lockers. The best thing is to clutch if your rig begins to bounce, then get a tug through that section. Other people lose patience or get frustrated and then things seem to get damaged. Sit back and enjoy the ride, expect to need help if you get stuck it's all part of the fun. We have taken stock rigs up these trails before without issue.
                        Last edited by guardian7; 01-11-07, 12:00 AM.

Comment

the section i was on was the hill between the second and third staging areas. theres that big pot hole half way up thats where the axle broke. i know what i did wrong. i tried to take the hill to fast. i havent been wheeling all that long. only been out about six or seven times since i got the jeep. so im kinda a newbie. about two days after i got the jeep i went to rowher flats on the bouquet side. i didnt know what i was doing and ran into these guys going up the tough section of the trail. they convinced me to follow them. the jeep in front of me rolled and i said no way im outa here. lol
                          Last edited by CWOLF; 01-11-07, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Here's a nice pic of my friend struggling with same spot, he hit it too fast here but after a couple more tries he made it. This is currently the toughest spot on the trail so once your past this it's great.

Comment

Well i wish i could make it out there with you guys. but i have to work sat. and i already requested feb 17 off to go on the calico run

Comment

Working...
                              X