Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pontiac....well kinda....Then Gold Mountain

Well looks like I will be the first to post! We all met at the Fawnskin firestation and then headed over to the trail head. Quite a bit of snow made it a little more interesting. We started to run Pontiac towards Heartbreak Ridge, but either got lost or the BLM closed it. We found ourselves at a newly cut road and a big closed sign. The section of the trail we did run proved to be alot of fun and got us warmed up for later in the day. After seeing the closed sign, we opted to take 2N02 over towards Baldwin Lake and the Gold Mountain Trail. At this point half were low on fuel and headed home. The remaining four hit the Gold Mountain trail in the snow and had a great time. Hopefully the others will have some better pics. We didnt get all that many today. Enjoy!

Built Not Bought
    1986 B2

Nice pics, too bad my camera crapped out on me or id have some pics too. It was great wheeling with all of you. Sucks we didnt get to the top of Pontiac. Gold Mountain was definently the best part of the day thats a pretty fun trail. Hope to wheel with you guys again. MORE PICS!!!
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

nice snow pics. I miss it, but then again... not so much. :yay:
      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

That was way to fun even the getting lost part. Gold Mountain in the snow was incredible I hope sombody got the video of me climbing up the stepup that was pucker factor 7 hehehe. Got some good shots so here goes the first part of 2n01.

Thanks Bill (04 Crawler) For running my camera good shots.

Comment

The best part of the day about 1:30 we got over to Gold Mountain it's pretty

easy with a little rock garden to play in was heard from somewhere. Was

really fun and slippery. Guys anytime you go I am game that was better than

drinking beer and watching football! Here you go with the rest of the pics.

One of my faves where did your front tire go?

Comment

Just a few more of the better pics!

I really like this shot of the grand looks mean.

I hope everyone got home ok 38 was foggy but no ice.

Comment

Nice Pics. Thanks Bill! It was cool wheeling with you Tim. Get me that quote on 4.10s and 4.56s. thanks buddy.
              |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

no prob. you guy ROCK! I'll let you know Monday about the gears.

Anyone know if the guys that left b4 Gold Mountain made it ok?

Comment

Great pics! If the first two are not Gold Mtn, then it looks like you got to Heartbreak Ridge but missed the right turn into the Pontiac Sluice (easy to do even if there wasn't snow!). The road closed sign is probably the end of the Heartbreak Ridge run. I found it very confusing when we got to that point as well.

Gold Mtn in the snow... dude, I so wish I could have gone! Sounds like everyone had fun. Maybe next time....
                  [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                  Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

Yeah we made it to 2n61y a dead end but forest service had a sign posted

closed. So we decided to run 2n02 up to Baldwin lake and maybe catch

another trail. We lost three guy (cj-8 yj and the ranger ) and up we went.

Gold mountain was a blast I learned I need rockrails and some lockers soon!!!

That bad a$$ Bronco just walked over everything.
                    Last edited by rockrat33; 12-10-06, 10:22 PM.

Comment

I had a great time! I wish we had time to run the John Bull while we were up there. Oh well...Next time!

Thanks for the compliments! Its kinda fun to be the only oddball vehicle in the group.

You guys all did a great job out in the snow today and it made for a great run. I look forward to doing it again soon. Nice rigs, Great People and snow...what else do you need?
                      Built Not Bought
                      1986 B2

Comment

Bill wanted to see some more so here goes.

Comment

None of that snow looks too bad... not toooo slippery... man, I should have gone... Oh well, next time hopefully!
                          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Great pics! Looks like fun was had by all. GM is def. a fun little trail! :thumbs_up
                            -Bob
                            '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Yeah we made it down safe. Just had to JimmyRig the track bar. This weekend was a blast. Wish we would have joined you on the rest of the trail. Cant wait to do it again.....hopefully in my own rig soon
                              Head nut at Outdoorlogic
                              Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
                              www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Working...
                              X