Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mat, I posted wheeling for Sunday, but we'll see how it goes. We may very well have time for an evening/night run on Saturday.

As far as camp ... depends on who's heading out first. I've never been to that canyon, but I can try and get the banner to someone.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Looks like I get to go Saturday. Have to study for a big test tuesday so dont think I can make it sunday for wheelin.
      Sarah, Just wondering if you thought of putting together a small MJR swag bag for the raffle?
      Dennis
      04 TJ
      4.0/Auto
      RE 4.5 Long Arm
      Rock-It Man Rockers
      33x12.50 BFG A/T
      desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

sarah do we need to bring food, firewood, anything like that if we're camping? i didn't catch anything like that in the string. I know that the saturday lunch is free but that was the only thing mentioned.

thanks,
        03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by Deamer
          Just wondering if you thought of putting together a small MJR swag bag for the raffle?
          I did, but I don't really have much to contribute. Instead I've been giving Mark & the crew a few chunks of my time to get some of the planning action items complete.

Originally posted by maddmike
          sarah do we need to bring food, firewood, anything like that if we're camping?
          Lunch will be served, but it's limited to the first 500 registrants. Just to be safe, I always bring food - you can never have enough food and it sucks to be hungry in the desert. Please bring water and drinking water, and there will be a large group campfire in the evening ... but if you want an MJR camp fire, for sure bring a bundle of wood.

Comment

Does anyone have a stock rear shock they could bring to Calico?

Does anyone have a stock rear shock for a 04-06 TJ unlimited? I just noticed that my rear shock is leaking oil must have been that rock that smashed my exhaust pipe into it and bent the shaft. Anyway I hate to go out and pay for ONE especially since I'm sure someone's gotta have a stocker in their garage!? I can pay a couple bucks or trade for Navel lint balls if need be. Thanks in advance! Maxwell-:wrench:
            Last edited by Max7; 02-12-07, 10:37 PM.
            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

looks like i may not make it, one of my kids had to go to the hospital this morn. so im not sure, ill know by friday for sure sorry guys, this has been one crappy winter for me.//Kevin

Comment

who's bringing what?

I plan to bring 1 or 2 bundles of firewood and maybe some extra food for BBQ'ing, as I figure there will be an MJR firepit going strong both nights.

Do we want to create some method to the mayhem of the firepit, or are we all going it alone?

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post
                  Does anyone have a stock rear shock for a 04-06 TJ unlimited? I just noticed that my rear shock is leaking oil must have been that rock that smashed my exhaust pipe into it and bent the shaft. Anyway I hate to go out and pay for ONE especially since I'm sure someone's gotta have a stocker in their garage!? I can pay a couple bucks or trade for Navel lint balls if need be. Thanks in advance! Maxwell-:wrench:

We have a stock TJ shock. Not sure if it will work for you or not, but well bring it to Calico. If it works great, if not, we tried.

Tam
                  2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                  Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

updated email went out last night. Did everyone attending get it? If not, let myself or Sarah know before the event. There are changes and a few common courtesy rules to follow.

Look forward to seeing you folks again in Calico!
                    "run forest, run!"

Comment

I got the email but I deleted it because I thought it was just another reminder for the event...:oops:

sarah can you be a pal and re-send this to me??...

Comment

I did NOT get the e-mail. Somebody please forward it to me!!!
                        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

That's funny, because I didn't get the email either I will try to find it.

Comment

Thank You!

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
                            We have a stock TJ shock. Not sure if it will work for you or not, but well bring it to Calico. If it works great, if not, we tried.

Tam
                            Tam,
                            THANK YOU!! Jason is bringing me a rear one from his Rubicon as well, but it may be good to have a back up just in case.... if it's not a pain in the neck bring yours along too. Thanks, Maxwell !!
                            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Here is the Calico update

Dear Calico Clean Up Participant:

First off, we would like to thank all of you for volunteering to help clean up the four wheeling and shooting areas in and around the Calico Ghost Town. This joint effort is a great opportunity to work hand in hand with the Bureau of Land Management Barstow Field Office and various 4WD clubs and independent owners from three states to help restore the very area that we all want to keep open for recreation use.

The response from volunteers and the off road community has exceeded our expectations. We are expecting approximately 700 volunteers on Saturday, February 17, 2007 and the Calico Clean Up 2007 committee would like to take this time to inform you, as a participant, what to expect.

*PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION*

Directions:

If you plan on camping in Mule or Odessa Canyons, feel free to set up camp, then come down to staging to sign up. Due to the large number of people attending this event there may not be room for motor homes and larger trailers in the canyons so we have been allowed to occupy a large open spot for staging in the dry lake bed with more that enough room for all participants to camp.

STAGING AREA BEEN UPDATED AND CHANGED TO THE DRY LAKE BED! The staging area entrance will be on the opposite side of the road from the Mule Canyon entrance. Follow the access trail; there will be a sign posted for Calico Clean Up. The road is smooth and very accessible for recreational vehicles and trucks with trailers and the access trail leads smack dab into our staging area. There is more than enough room for all participants to camp in and around staging comfortably.

There is absolutely no recreating allowed in the dry lake bed during this event. No motorcycling, four wheeling, pre-running, or other recreating allowed. The outlining areas of the dry lake area are private property; as well as a large piece of the land in the lake bed area. Please do not jeopardize future organized events because of careless actions.

Due to the civil war re-enactment and excessive traffic delays on Calico Ghost Town off ramp, use the Yermo exit from I-15 only. Head north over the freeway and watch for Mule Canyon and turn LEFT onto the dry lake bed.

NOTE: If you plan on camping on the dry lake bed and having a camp fire you MUST bring a fire ring or wash tub. We cannot have open fires on the lake bed.

Early registration will be open Friday and again Saturday morning at the Calico Clean Up trailer. Every participant MUST sign the event waiver. If you do not sign the waiver, you are not part of this event. Once you check in you will receive your event t-shirt, Carne Asada meal ticket and (3) raffle tickets.

Rules:

***Absolutely NO recreating on the Dry Lake Bed! No Exceptions!***

1. All event participants MUST sign the waiver-no exceptions
                              2. Keep all pets on a leash
                              3. Keep speeds down to a minimum in staging
                              4. No drinking & driving on the trail
                              5. No fireworks or mortars allowed during event
                              6. Do not block access trails
                              7. Be aware of shooters and the direction their firing
                              8. Use caution in and around Calico Ghost Town; Civil War Re-enactment event in progress
                              9. Use gloves and hand tools to prevent injuries

10. Be cautious around glass, sharp metals, nails, and fire rings
                              11. Be aware of possible explosive devices; pipe bombs, mortars, etc. (Do not disturb or bring these devices back to staging; notify the Staff or Sheriffs)
                              12. Be aware of dumped meth labs; kitty liter, glass containers, foul odor

12. Be aware of desert critters and animals
                              13. Mines are dangerous and should be avoided unless properly trained and equipped
                              14. Stay on the designated trails and tread lightly!
                              15. Be respectful of each other and others folks visiting the area
                              16. The committee will be monitoring channel 4 during the event. Please report any concerns, problems, emergency, or vehicle breakage.
                              17. Be aware of open fires. Extinguish all non-attended fires. Be alert and prepared!
                              18. Use the portable toilets that are provided or bring your own porta pottie for human waste.

Raffle:

The raffle has increased well over $30,000 in product. Additional raffle tickets will be on sale both Friday and Saturday before the raffle.

- $1 = 1 ticket

- $5 = 6 tickets

- $20 = 25 tickets

- $100 = 150 tickets

All funds generated from the raffle benefit Blue Ribbon Coalition, Friends of the Rubicon, and Discovery Trails.

Schedule:

Trail Leader’s meeting at 8:00 a.m.

Safety and Driver’s meeting at registration trailer at 9:00 a.m. sharp

Lunch 1:00

Raffle to follow lunch

End of official event

Group campfire in staging area and mingle with the vendors after event.

The BLM staff will be camping with us for the weekend. Please take the time to talk to the rangers and volunteers and thank them for the work they do year round. Let’s show them and the media that four wheeler can be socially and environmentally friendly! Remember first impressions are important! Please don’t jeopardize our event or future events in Calico by being careless or wreck less.

This is a rain or shine event. Please be prepared for adverse weather conditions.

Again, we thank you for volunteering your time and energy to come out and participate in this event. Should you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact one of the committee members listed on our website or stop by the staging trailer.

Again, we look forward to this event and thank you for volunteering to clean up the Calico area.

Regards,

Mark Watkins, Art Banks, Alan Draper,

Darrin Walker, Mike Wood, Ron Quitevis, and Phil Aaland

Calico Clean Up 2007 Committee
                              The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Thanks Dan for the post.

Please look for the MJR rigs/banners on the lakebed from 8-9AM. As previously stated, we are on a special projects mission with the BLM to install trail markers throughout the area. This is a great opportunity to work with the BLM and leave a positive mark on the area we love to wheel. I will have a printout of our roll call, and we will be looking for you if you're on it. If your phone number is in your profile, we'll have that too.

See you all Saturday morning!

Comment

Working...
                                X