Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bear Holcomb Creek Run

Me and edsredx and a few newbee's and maybe a few from the victor valley four wheeler gang will be doing a Big Bear run on saterday november 18th. Those local to the high desert we will be meeting at jack in the box on bear valley and navajo rd. in the stater bros. shopping center at 8:00 am. For those coming up from other areas we will be meeting at the fawnskin fire station at 9:00 am The only thing that will stop this run is a major rain storm.

Roll Call
    Last edited by sarah; 10-27-06, 11:39 AM.
    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

I would love to go! I have run that trail quite a few times. Which direction do you plan on running the trail from? Rock gardens first or last?

Also...would you mind if this topic was added to the adventure4x4.net forum?
    Built Not Bought
    1986 B2

Comment

adventure4x4.net

Originally posted by 59Bisquik
      I would love to go! I have run that trail quite a few times. Which direction do you plan on running the trail from? Rock gardens first or last?

Also...would you mind if this topic was added to the adventure4x4.net forum?
      I would really rather not to be honest, I dont know anyone on there . And, I dont know very many people here for that matter. However, I dont want to be overwhelmed with mega amounts of people on a un-organized event in case of trail breakages. I already have 6 rigs going. Rock gardens last it is at this point, depending on how it goes time wise we might run another trail afterwards also. Bring lunch in case its a long day....MATT

Comment

Matt,
        I might show up if I can get away. Not for sure though. If I make I'll help you keep things in order
        Rat
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Holcomb is always fun, I like that run
          I need to check the calender, but maybe, it does look good
          Have Smackos, will travel

Comment

Big Bear Run

Originally posted by rat patrol
            Matt,
            I might show up if I can get away. Not for sure though. If I make I'll help you keep things in order
            Rat
            Sounds good, gonna be a good time. I dont have to run the hardest trails to still have fun. If we have time after holcomb i was thinking about doing dishpan springs....MATT

Comment

Wooo Hoo!! I have never done dishpan springs before! Starting to sound like a great time!! Hope you guys can put up with "the Darn Ford Guy" for the afternoon!
              Built Not Bought
              1986 B2

Comment

Matt, I'd love to go, but until I get these springs fixed I think I'm out for a while. Saving $$ for an RE lift and just be done with it.
                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Darn Ford Guy

Originally posted by 59Bisquik
                  Wooo Hoo!! I have never done dishpan springs before! Starting to sound like a great time!! Hope you guys can put up with "the Darn Ford Guy" for the afternoon!
                  Hey, you can only drive a jeep on this run,...just kidding,... come on out .....M

Comment

i will be there if you have room

Comment

Fng

Can a new guy tag along?
                      Dan
                      Dan

Comment

yep, new guys and vets alike,.... dan, JJ,... come on up... JJ we will meet at the fire station in fawnskin at 9:00- 9:15 and probly hang out there till 9:30 for late show people and then hit the trail. And, JJ i have a good vid of you on gatekeeper last april ill put on cd for you....MATT
                        PS>guys, dont forget to sign the ROLL CALL on the top of this post if your going to go....MATT
                        Last edited by Matt2001TJ; 10-28-06, 09:26 PM.

Comment

How would you rate the trail? Are there any low hanging, paint scraping brushes in the middle of the trail?
                          My WJ -

Comment

I dont think there is any low hanging stuff but you would have to finess it through the rock gardens. If a stock wrangler could do it you should be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpjet
                              How would you rate the trail? Are there any low hanging, paint scraping brushes in the middle of the trail?
                              A few, mostly oil pan cracking boulders though.:devil:
                              Rocks are neogotiable but bushes are unavoidable. This run is looking interesting to me, I just dropped a new block in my XJ an am ready to take this thing out to a trail for its first time.
                              “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                              -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X