Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its To Quiet in Here!

We were itchen to do something this week. Kurt , Erik, Brian and myself with 4 other rigs from JA plus Marcos, Megan and Friends showed up.

Out of 8 rigs 4 made it through.

Carnage
    Bent up Steering, Busted 44 shaft , Ripped tire

Heres the line up. Erik had a slight drive shaft problem at the get go but was quick fix.

[SIZED]http://britain.connectnet.com/Photography/DC/photos/photo1.jpg[/SIZED]

Kurt in V notch
    [SIZED]http://britain.connectnet.com/Photography/DC/photos/photo3.jpg[/SIZED]

Erik going up first rock blockage
    [SIZED]http://britain.connectnet.com/Photography/DC/photos/photo7.jpg[/SIZED]

Brian well hes going to try and go up the worst part, ya thats what winches are for..and was used.
    [SIZED]http://britain.connectnet.com/Photography/DC/photos/photo10.jpg[/SIZED]

Brian and Erik putting along. One rig Busted up a tie rod Erick, Brian , Bob (JA) and myself went around to get to a new field of debre. Kurt stayed behind with 3 other rigs.
    [SIZED]http://britain.connectnet.com/Photography/DC/photos/photo13.jpg[/SIZED]

Ya I found a sand trap !
    [SIZED]http://britain.connectnet.com/Photography/V2.jpg[/SIZED]

Erik meets Capt Cactus Jack!
    [SIZED]http://britain.connectnet.com/Photography/Eric_choya2.jpg[/SIZED]

More Picks HERE

Heres Marcos Pics HERE
    Last edited by Britain; 10-22-06, 11:44 AM.
    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
    WEB site

That was some fun yesterday.
    I enjoyed meeting & wheeling with ya'll.
    Bob

Comment

Wow! Sweet pics! Did blktj get a new hat?!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by robert-r
        That was some fun yesterday.
        I enjoyed meeting & wheeling with ya'll.
        Bob
        Bob,
        Yeah finally got the whole trail with you! Way cool. You and Bill make a great team. Good to see 2 different groups help each other out!
        97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
        WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
          Wow! Sweet pics! Did blktj get a new hat?!
          Ha Ha...no but we did send him off with powerfull fire water from Mexico with bugs in it. He said you liked the worms
          97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
          WEB site

Comment

great times. i think erik's leg is o.k., good wheeling and great company. couldn't ask for more. :yay:
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Vern,
              Thanks again. I had a blast, but gotta go back and get it all. Brian, Erik, Bob, Doug and everybody, nice meetin ya'all. Lets go do it again. I wound up breaking, but not on the trail. I hit a big assed peice of metal in the middle of the freeway. Just couldn't get around it. Went under the tow rig and took out the Jeep! Minor damage, but hairy until I got 'em both stopped.
              Good night from Seattle...
              Kurt
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

it sure was a lot of fun out there!
                i enjoyed the wheeling and the company. it was great to meet you, bob, and bill.
                that is a really fun trail!

thank you, vern for your great hospitality. your wife is one hell of a cook, and an excellent hostess.
                i made it home in one piece at about 3:00 this afternoon.
                kurt, i'm sorry to hear about your misfortune on the freeway. what happened to your jeep?

i have a few pictures. i'll get them posted tomorrow. i havent had the time to upload them yet.
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                  i enjoyed the wheeling and the company. it was great to meet you, bob, and bill.

thank you, vern for your great hospitality. your wife is one hell of a cook, and an excellent hostess.
                  kurt, i'm sorry to hear about your misfortune on the freeway. what happened to your jeep?

i have a few pictures. i'll get them posted tomorrow. i havent had the time to upload them yet.
                  I don't understand the physics of what happened at all. Somehow the "chunk" took out the bolt that fastens the tie rod to the driver side steering knuckle, moves over to the passenger side and takes out the muffler, exits through the driver rear tire, all at 60 MPH. The passenger front turns inward and trys to drag me off the road. By the time I get the rig stopped the tie rod end (my brand new Heim) is worn down to a stub. Just enough meat left to put a new bolt in. Put the spare on, changed my drawers and limped home. Devils Highway???
                  RAt
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol
                    I don't understand the physics of what happened at all. Somehow the "chunk" took out the bolt that fastens the tie rod to the driver side steering knuckle, moves over to the passenger side and takes out the muffler, exits through the driver rear tire, all at 60 MPH. The passenger front turns inward and trys to drag me off the road. By the time I get the rig stopped the tie rod end (my brand new Heim) is worn down to a stub. Just enough meat left to put a new bolt in. Put the spare on, changed my drawers and limped home. Devils Highway???
                    RAt
                    that was some sort of warning for you to get rid of those heims.
                    glad you made it out alive, and were able to take your trip to washington.
                    ERIK

Comment

Look's like a great time, sorry I missed it!
                      [COLOR="Wheat"]'04 Rubi[/COLOR]
                      [COLOR="Wheat"]'88 YJ[/COLOR]
                      [COLOR="Green"]'94 ZJ RIP FEB 25 2006[/COLOR]
                      [COLOR="Yellow"]'47 CJ2A [/COLOR]
                      VA, CA, NC, WA, The Country's Fastest Growing 4x4 Club

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341

Erik,
                        Hey we're dying to know did you need to drag Brian to his rig in the AM???

You guys are always welcome down south with us. Next stop the Salada and Mexico! Will see if Brian can hang.......

Kurt,
                        Great meeting you. Will need to get you through the rest. Have a couple of others I'll need to get them through the complete canyon also!

GC next time!
                        Last edited by Britain; 10-23-06, 07:58 PM.
                        97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                        WEB site

Comment

Man, seeing thoughs pics make's me lust for the day my rigs's big enough to hang with ya'll.
                          [COLOR="Wheat"]'04 Rubi[/COLOR]
                          [COLOR="Wheat"]'88 YJ[/COLOR]
                          [COLOR="Green"]'94 ZJ RIP FEB 25 2006[/COLOR]
                          [COLOR="Yellow"]'47 CJ2A [/COLOR]
                          VA, CA, NC, WA, The Country's Fastest Growing 4x4 Club

Comment

Originally posted by Britain
                            Erik,
                            Hey we're dying to know did you need to drag Brian to his rig in the AM???

You guys are always welcome down south with us. Next stop the Salada and Mexico! Will see if Brian can hang.......

Kurt,
                            Great meeting you. Will need to get you through the rest. Have a couple of others I'll need to get them through the complete canyon also!

GC next time!
                            brian was out of bed all bright eyed and bushy tailed long before i was
                            he drinks, and i get the hang-over.

it was a damn fine time wheeling with you, vern.

i am REALLY looking forward to the mexico run. i kow Becky wants to come along on one of those as well.
                            keep me posted.
                            ERIK

Comment

here are the rest of the pictures.

ERIK

Comment

Working...
                              X