• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you get to 2N61Y?

Would this work:
    (Copied and pasted from my Uncle's e-mail (he has maps)):
    Originally posted by uncle's e-mail
    If I got it correct, 2N61Y, it looks like a good trip. We can get to it from the East end of
    Baldwin lake travelling up 2N02 to 2N01 and then 2N61Y to the Heartbreak
    Ridge area. Looking at the topographic maps the terrain doesn't look
    terribly difficult but then maps don't tell us everything. Coming back we
    can take 2N01 back to highway 38 for a change in scenery.
    Are 2N01/2N02 open? Are there any other things we should know before heading out? Thanks everybody!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I apologize if anyone tried to meet up with us on Sunday. We had a last minute change of plans when a guest on our trip had less time than needed and available for the Heartbreak Ridge trip.

So Materdaddy, I hope that you didn't go looking for us. I didn't get to do the trail so I can't answer your question on what roads are open.

We did do Gold Mtn, Jacoby Canyon, Butler Peak, and the East half of Holcomb Creek and all of Lower Larga. We had a stock Rubicon with us and I am pretty sure that I could get a stock Jeep through all the tough stuff if we took the simplest lines and used the bypasses.

I still want to find the Pontiac sometime soon. If anyone is interested, I can shoot out an invite when we get a chance to make the run.
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi
        I apologize if anyone tried to meet up with us on Sunday. We had a last minute change of plans when a guest on our trip had less time than needed and available for the Heartbreak Ridge trip.

So Materdaddy, I hope that you didn't go looking for us. I didn't get to do the trail so I can't answer your question on what roads are open.

We did do Gold Mtn, Jacoby Canyon, Butler Peak, and the East half of Holcomb Creek and all of Lower Larga. We had a stock Rubicon with us and I am pretty sure that I could get a stock Jeep through all the tough stuff if we took the simplest lines and used the bypasses.

I still want to find the Pontiac sometime soon. If anyone is interested, I can shoot out an invite when we get a chance to make the run.
        Nope, last weekend we took it easy! The next two weekends we have fun plans though! Next weekend is Ocotillo Wells (again) where we'll take a few easy trails and have some fun.

The weekend after that (Nov. 4th and 5th) is when we plan on playing around in Big Bear. Sounds like you ran a bunch of trails. Any ones that aren't too hard, but still push the limits of a stock Jeep? I think our plans of just doing Pontiac Sluice are going to leave tons of time for other exploration and fun. If you want to meet up, we don't have concrete plans for that weekend yet, but shoot me a PM and I'll give you my 909 cell phone number (I grew up in ghetto Fontana, but moved away as SOON as I got a degree and a career).

Also, if somebody else has the information on what roads are open and how to get to 2N61Y, please let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy
          Also, if somebody else has the information on what roads are open and how to get to 2N61Y, please let me know!
          It's ALWAYS a good idea to check the San Bernardino N.F. web site, and then call the district ranger station the day before you go up to Big Bear to get the latest trail info. Here's the link to the San Bernardino N.F. web site Click the link for "current conditions". The route that is in your uncle's e-mail is a good route; you can do 2N02 an 2N01 in two wheel drive and air down when you get to 2N61Y.
          If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
          KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung
            It's ALWAYS a good idea to check the San Bernardino N.F. web site, and then call the district ranger station the day before you go up to Big Bear to get the latest trail info. Here's the link to the San Bernardino N.F. web site Click the link for "current conditions". The route that is in your uncle's e-mail is a good route; you can do 2N02 an 2N01 in two wheel drive and air down when you get to 2N61Y.
            Sweet, glad to hear that's a good route. Thanks for the links too! I'll bookmark it and call whenever we're planning anything!

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung
              Thanks Russ. This is a great site! Thanks for sharing this. I've added it to my favorites and I am sure that I will hit it often. I am also glad to see that I the trails leading into the Heatbreak Ridge are are open.

Materdaddy, I *might* be able to do a trip to this trail on Nov. 4th. I don't know yet, but if you are able, would you want to go?
              [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
              [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi
                Thanks Russ. This is a great site! Thanks for sharing this. I've added it to my favorites and I am sure that I will hit it often. I am also glad to see that I the trails leading into the Heatbreak Ridge are are open.

Materdaddy, I *might* be able to do a trip to this trail on Nov. 4th. I don't know yet, but if you are able, would you want to go?
                I'm still planning on it. My uncle did a little scouting last friday and did the trails leading up to it (2N01 and 2N02) and didn't air down or anything. He said anything with wheels and an engine could do those. He said it looked a little worse on 2N61Y (he hiked a small bit of it, but didn't drive it yet), but nothing like White Mountain which he and I did in my stocker a couple months ago. I'm not exactly sure if I'll be driving up Saturday morning, or Friday night yet though because I have a company BBQ on Friday and might not want to (or be in a sober state to) drive up Friday night... I also don't want to drive up Saturday morning to go hit the trail! I'll probably end up using will power at the BBQ so I can drive up Friday night and hit the trail Saturday morning. I'll PM you my cell #. I have service in Big Bear, but not on my way up, so if you want to meet up and make the run with us, call me! The more the merrier! Also, when up there, my uncle and I (if he has his installed by then) will be on channel 4. If his isn't installed, I'll be on channel 4 just monitoring. My antenna transmits/receives pretty well, but pretty well for a non amplified CB is only a couple miles, and I turn my squelch up so I don't hear all the staticky crap.

Comment

On tthe "Lets Make a Run" thread, people are talking about doing this Sunday... maybe we should run it Sunday if that's ok for you Malachi!

EDIT: Any further discussion will be on THIS thread!

Comment

Working...
                  X