Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson Valley Fun in the Desert

Hey all,
    I think we all made it back from JV, but not without some damage. MJR had a small group representing. AA(Andrew and Shari), Desert Valdez, Matt2001(also Victor Valley) Jeep Virgin (Stuart) me(Kurt and Laura), and maybe some others we didn't meet.
    AA, Jeep Virgin and I opted for Outer Limits. There were about 10 rigs on this run, but some buggies and a lot of Toyos showed up along the way.
    At the second or third rock obstacle up the trail, AA broke the right steering knuckle. It took us all the rest of the first day and ALL of the second day to get him down off the mountain. A REAL big thanks goes out to the Victor Valley guys and gals for pitching in with strong backs, big rigs, food and water, and positive attitudes. I don't have pics, but Shari and Laura were clicking away so I'm sure we'll see them soon. I'll let them tell the rest of story.
    Needless to say we didn't get to run the trail, but I know I'll be going back. But we still had a good time; it's now commonplace to me that total strangers become instant freinds on the trail. Again, without the help of the folks at Victor Valley 4 wheelers we would probably still be up there. Thanks everyone!

Freeway Dan, you should have seen the new uses we found for your venerable High Lift jacks! They took a beatin, but they did the job! Hopefully some pics were taken of them in action...
    Rat
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Rat - What happened to your rear diff man?
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez
      Rat - What happened to your rear diff man?
      Nothing bad. I diffed a couple of times up on outer limits and it knocked the seal on the diff cover loose. No biggie. I already fixed it. Thanks for putting the "litter box" under my leaker...
      rat

Comment

glad you guys made it out alive. :yay:

There should be plenty of chances to get back out there in the coming months.
        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
          glad you guys made it out alive. :yay:

There should be plenty of chances to get back out there in the coming months.
          I HEARD THAT!
          i have been patiently awaiting the season. i am currently fixing up the twinkie for the jv season
          so, rat, what did you think of that craziness?

by the way... are there any pics of this broken knuckle? i'd like to get a look at this
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Any Pix??

Know someone who just got back from running resolution.
            97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
            WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
              I HEARD THAT!
              i have been patiently awaiting the season. i am currently fixing up the twinkie for the jv season

by the way... are there any pics of this broken knuckle? i'd like to get a look at this
              Yeah Erik there should be some pics coming up soon. Shari and Laura took quite a few pics during the two days we were out there. There were others out there taking pics and I know some were taken of the carnage so keep checking this thread.
              Craziness? What craziness? Isn't that a normal day in the life of a Jeep? Seriously it was a little intimidating to see all the buggies heading up the trail, and then to hear all the scraping and banging and near flops, and that was just getting out of the lake bed
              Can't wait to get back and do the whole trail. We were originally signed up to run Jack but changed at the last minute to Outer Limits. I want to run all of them, so it looks like I'll be spending the winter out there, and in the shop fixin all the damage. Let me know when you want to go.
              Rat

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol
                Let me know when you want to go.
                Rat
                it'll be a bit more like... this is when we'll be out there, same thing kinda. :yay:
                myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                  I HEARD THAT!
                  well, they got to the 2nd or 3rd obsticle. not sure they understand the craziness yet... :yay:
                  myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                    well, they got to the 2nd or 3rd obsticle. not sure they understand the craziness yet... :yay:
                    Naa, I know what it's about. Bring it on....

Comment

Well, this was my first time out to JV also, (and I fricken live here! Seriously, I've unknowingly taken Hummers off the base through these hills!) and I've yet to see the Hammers. I just did the little trail. NO WAY my rigs are even close to this level of carnage. I'll be happy with watching and picture taking for a good long while. Besides... I'll get to cheat and see what works and doesn't work on ya'll rigs.
                      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Rocktoberfest/fun In The Desert 15

Originally posted by rat patrol
                        Needless to say we didn't get to run the trail, but I know I'll be going back. But we still had a good time; it's now commonplace to me that total strangers become instant freinds on the trail. Again, without the help of the folks at Victor Valley 4 wheelers we would probably still be up there. Thanks everyone!
                        Well the hammers claimed its carnage as always, lots of busted rigs and lots of whatever it takes to get everyone home. At our Victor Valley Four Wheelers meeting tonight I found out the official number of registered rigs for the event was 98 total. Im working on putting together a DVD of a bunch of runs ive been on over the past few years from California To Nevada. Desert Valdez rode second seat with me as camera man and im sure some of his footage will be in the DVD ...MATT

"Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Working...
                        X