Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool pics. I like running it backwards also. I do it when I go see my son in Ramona. Be carefull if you bring a group through. The park marks the trail one way and its to prevent rollovers. "Some" of the rangers will take going backwards seriously and tag you with a citation. Theres been a lot of BS lawsuits dealing with that drop off!

I actually think its easier to roll going down:haha:
    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
    WEB site

Comment

Hey Britain How’s it going buddy?
      Are you trailing on this run next week? It would be nice to jeep with ya again.
      Drew
      95yj Six Pack

Comment

damage

Originally posted by blackZZR
        nice pics
        I am running the squeeze and dropoff on friday with a few friends
        sorry about the damage it will buff out
        The problem with the damage is, I am not sure how I did it?
        Will they warranty my bent shaft? Its a 2005 model....still under warranty.
        If they dont, you know a good place to find one?
        "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
        (Charles Wells)

Comment

one way

Originally posted by Britain
          Cool pics. I like running it backwards also. I do it when I go see my son in Ramona. Be carefull if you bring a group through. The park marks the trail one way and its to prevent rollovers. "Some" of the rangers will take going backwards seriously and tag you with a citation. Theres been a lot of BS lawsuits dealing with that drop off!

I actually think its easier to roll going down:haha:
          You know, I know its a one way trail.....but I did not see the one way marker. This was my first time on the whole trail going the whole distance. About 20 miles of wash and only about 2 miles of interesting terrain.
          Maybe someone removed the sign....or I just failed to see it.

BobO
          "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
          (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Drewminator
            Hey Britain How’s it going buddy?
            Are you trailing on this run next week? It would be nice to jeep with ya again.
            Hey Drew,
            I seen something about you selling a rig??? That wasnt you was it?

I'll be trailing but got a prearrainged run in Devils Canyon Sat.
            97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
            WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob
              You know, I know its a one way trail.....but I did not see the one way marker. This was my first time on the whole trail going the whole distance. About 20 miles of wash and only about 2 miles of interesting terrain.
              Maybe someone removed the sign....or I just failed to see it.

BobO
              Its only on the Park map. And only one ranger I know of gives everyone a hard time about it. Look out for the old guy in the Cherokee! HE just 2 years ago got transfered to this side of Borrego

Theres some outs along fish creek to stir it up a bit, Diablo drop off and Sandstone canyon..go all the way up this one into the rocks (if its not been restricted).
              97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
              WEB site

Comment

Is there a timetable for Saturday's runs yet?

I'd like to see what this group is going to be doing for trails on saturday. The Xterra club will be doing Font's Pt., Calcite Mine, a & bit of Truckhaven before heading into Sheep Canyon to camp for the night.

My girlfriend doesn't really feel like camping- so Iwas wondering where the MJR group is heading on Saturday. I'd love to do Pinyon, out through Diablo, and then Oriflamme to Julian. The GF loves those Bed and Breakfasts up there. (Camping is sooo much cheaper.)

Dave

Comment

Hey Drew,
                  I seen something about you selling a rig??? That wasnt you was it?

I'll be trailing but got a prearrainged run in Devils Canyon Sat.
                  Britain, Can I get in on the DC run Saturday? I missed the last one you told me about, and would really like to make this run.
                  Rat
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by dhsundance
                    I'd like to see what this group is going to be doing for trails on saturday. The Xterra club will be doing Font's Pt., Calcite Mine, a & bit of Truckhaven before heading into Sheep Canyon to camp for the night.

My girlfriend doesn't really feel like camping- so Iwas wondering where the MJR group is heading on Saturday. I'd love to do Pinyon, out through Diablo, and then Oriflamme to Julian. The GF loves those Bed and Breakfasts up there. (Camping is sooo much cheaper.)

Dave
                    Gates been locked at Banner from last fire. Dont know if its open. You will end up going back through either oraflamme or the ranch....
                    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                    WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol
                      Britain, Can I get in on the DC run Saturday? I missed the last one you told me about, and would really like to make this run.
                      Rat
                      Rat,
                      The gods have granted you access to this run. You will be PM'd with the starting time and Place shortly!
                      97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                      WEB site

Comment

locked gates

Gates been locked at Banner from last fire. Dont know if its open. You will end up going back through either oraflamme or the ranch....
                        Every time I have gone through the Banner gate this year, which is about 3x, it has been closed, but not locked. Are you sure its locked and not just closed with latch?
                        (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob
                          Every time I have gone through the Banner gate this year, which is about 3x, it has been closed, but not locked. Are you sure its locked and not just closed with latch?
                          Last time through was in April. It was pad locked at that time.....To me no big deal I'll back trak through the ranch and out. Could be a pisser for someone going to Julian. Any one have mo info on that gate?

The wife and I are Photographers so the Ranch exit is cool to us
                          97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                          WEB site

Comment

camping spaces

I am planning on going. Is there still camping space at the group camp? Would like to arrive Fri afternoon. Never been there. Looking forward to meeting some people.

Comment

Originally posted by mrthieba
                              Is there still camping space at the group camp?
                              Yea, that's my question too... but I wont be showing up until Saturday morning... and first come first serve... ugh...
                              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez
                                Yea, that's my question too... but I wont be showing up until Saturday morning... and first come first serve... ugh...
                                Hey Nick,
                                If I go I'll be there REAL early Saturday, or if I can get free maybe even Friday night. If you want i can grab a site for you when i get there. Let me know.
                                Rat
                                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                                X