Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anza Borrego, Oct. 20, 21, 22

hey guys
    I am putting together a campout/trail run in October in Anza Borrego state park.
    As of right now, we have not nailed any runs down, will probly do that the day of the runs. however, we are going to be staying at the campsite by the visitor center west of Borrego Springs.
    Run What you brung
    More info is at my website. http://www.adventure4x4.net/waiting/...?p=714#post714
    I would like to see a group from MJR there representing the site
    My site will probably have quite a few FJ Cruisers there. and whoever else decides to tag along
    thanks

Jim

[roll]302[/roll]
    Last edited by sarah; 09-19-06, 09:51 AM.
    censored for having an opinion

Ya might want to have Sarah set up a sign in sheet. I'll do my best to make it, just can't commit this far out right now. Sounds like fun, as always.
    Thanks,
    Rat
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Sounds like fun... Id like to represent MJR out there. How hard core are the trails going to be, cause i really dont want to get into to something like dishpan right now. I cant afford to brake anything (thats almost an oxymoron) hahah. Maybe ill be out there.
      -Allen
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

We will be in the area that same weekend. We will be camping on friends property on Split Mtn Rd. If you have a meet and greet we will try to make it. Not sure of our plans yet but I think we will probably run in Ocotillo Wells on Saturday and run Diablo Dropoff, Sandstone Canyon and Fish Creek on Sunday.
        Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

I know the area south of ocotillo wells and 4 corners real well. Not sure what trails you would be looking at. I can pick out some Bunny Rabbit to extreme trails. Indian and stage coach stuff too. Theres even some corral reefs from a long time ago....
          97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
          WEB site

Comment

we were thinking of going down to the Vallencito stage staion and coming back up thru the diablo drop, some of the group may go around, nothing is in stone yet. Most of the group is kinda of the medium diffaculty kinda of guys.
            more of the go out exploreing and do hill climbs and stuff. They have done trails like gold mountain, all over cleghorn, white mountain, but still haven't hit the big rocks yet.
            So like I said, wil be a medium difficulty lind of day at best.
            I have run the area alot and love to run the washes and canyons, just a lot of fun.

Comment

The Pynion is a good start, it takes you down to fish creek you also go through the squeeze. This is a medium trail with some good stuff. Then you can do sandstone canyon or Diablo. Theres even Oraflamm springs up the back way to Julian that too is pretty cool.

Originally posted by blackZZR
              we were thinking of going down to the Vallencito stage staion and coming back up thru the diablo drop, some of the group may go around, nothing is in stone yet. Most of the group is kinda of the medium diffaculty kinda of guys.
              more of the go out exploreing and do hill climbs and stuff. They have done trails like gold mountain, all over cleghorn, white mountain, but still haven't hit the big rocks yet.
              So like I said, wil be a medium difficulty lind of day at best.
              I have run the area alot and love to run the washes and canyons, just a lot of fun.
              97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
              WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by Britain
                The Pynion is a good start, it takes you down to fish creek you also go through the squeeze. This is a medium trail with some good stuff. Then you can do sandstone canyon or Diablo. Theres even Oraflamm springs up the back way to Julian that too is pretty cool.
                sounds like you and me need to do a prerun in a couple of weeks

I would like to try the devils slide. to see the dificultty of it help the grup decide, I would think most would like to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol
                  Ya might want to have Sarah set up a sign in sheet. I'll do my best to make it, just can't commit this far out right now. Sounds like fun, as always.
                  Thanks,
                  Rat
                  a sign up sheet would be nice, I am going to be trying to keep track from 4 web sites, that sure would make it easier here.

Comment

The Pyinon also has heart attack hill. Great drop off, heart in your mouth. I've taken riders with some experience through this trail.

The hardest part is the drop off. It will be the talk of the trail run.

Diablo if it isnt to dug up you may go but will and may take straps with rigs with no lockers.

Theres even a river out there that the stage went through and still has water! No to mention the Hollywood and Vine street sign some one stuck out there!

Lots of good stuff for the explore in us all!

Other sampling could take longer. We'll look into Oraflamme Springs it actually a pretty cool place to camp ( primitive)

Let me know. The run down the pynion to fish creek is about 3 to 4hrs.
                    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                    WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
                      a sign up sheet would be nice, I am going to be trying to keep track from 4 web sites, that sure would make it easier here.
                      I just PM'd Sarah and asked her to start a Roll Call for ya...
                      Rat

Comment

Originally posted by Britain
                        The Pyinon also has heart attack hill. Great drop off, heart in your mouth. I've taken riders with some experience through this trail.

The hardest part is the drop off. It will be the talk of the trail run.

Diablo if it isnt to dug up you may go but will and may take straps with rigs with no lockers.

Theres even a river out there that the stage went through and still has water! No to mention the Hollywood and Vine street sign some one stuck out there!

Lots of good stuff for the explore in us all!

Other sampling could take longer. We'll look into Oraflamme Springs it actually a pretty cool place to camp ( primitive)

Let me know. The run down the pynion to fish creek is about 3 to 4hrs.
                        Is Devil's Canyon a possibility from where this run is happening?

Comment

No, Devils canyon would not be part of this weekend. The run sounds like a medium experience. Some good thrills not breaks.
                          97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                          WEB site

Comment

A nice set of trails would for this run would be of the more exploritory stuff with nice rutted trails and a few hills
                            THe group from Adventure4x4.net is mainly FJ Cruisers, they are set up nice with killer traction control and a rear locker from the factory, but remember, they have only been released for 6 months, most guys do not want to take 25 to 33 thou rigs down rock trails for a few years. My wife almost killed me when I took mine over the Bull this spring. but thats another story.
                            the FJ Cs are really mountain goats, do really really well in the hills.
                            THis will be fun getting the 2 groups together as compparisons will be fun.
                            Anyway, I am going to Florida to visit my father this weekend, but maybe next some of us can prerun devils drop off and somewhere else.
                            I really want to see the old stage staion, plus there is supose to be a canyon with rock art around there.
                            Last edited by blackZZR; 09-19-06, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET
                              We will be in the area that same weekend. We will be camping on friends property on Split Mtn Rd. If you have a meet and greet we will try to make it. Not sure of our plans yet but I think we will probably run in Ocotillo Wells on Saturday and run Diablo Dropoff, Sandstone Canyon and Fish Creek on Sunday.
                              I would like to do Diablo Dropoff also, I am going do a prerun in a couple of weks, so maybe we can set up a meet time, I will keep info current

Comment

Working...
                              X