Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez
    I blew out a BFG yesterday... which means I dont have a spare right now. I'm looking high and low for a BFG 33x12.5R15 Mud Terrain TA. Anybody knows a cheap place to pick one up, lemme know.

Cheap to me, isn't $165 each.

Even at my cost $167.00 for the bfg mt they are expensive. If you are going to spend the $157??? on toyo I can get you some MT/Rs for 166. or so....
    The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

all right I'm torn! I've been watching this thread and I have previous plans on going to Gordens well to cruz around the dunes with a buddy from AZ. but I've also been trying to see the anza area with the MJR croud... WHAT TO DO?

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
        have you tried desert rat in Arizona?
        they have great prices
        Um, no I haven't tried them (him)? Never heard of it.
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by freewaydan
          Even at my cost $167.00 for the bfg mt they are expensive. If you are going to spend the $157??? on toyo I can get you some MT/Rs for 166. or so....
          Sorry, the ones I found on eBay were ProComp's, not Toyo's. And I can get them for $157ea delivered. I have the means to mount and balance them myself so I only need the meats.

This is getting off the Anza Borrego topic, I will start a new thread. Hope ya'll will chime in.
          Last edited by USMC 0369; 10-10-06, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez
            Um, no I haven't tried them (him)? Never heard of it.
            Their web site http://www.desertrat.com/ I bought tires and wheels from them before. Good service. If the tires you're ordering have rasied white lettering and you want it on the inside, make sure you tell them and then tell them again to ensure they heard you asked for that.
            1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Comment

Gordons Well

Originally posted by Lead Dog
              all right I'm torn! I've been watching this thread and I have previous plans on going to Gordens well to cruz around the dunes with a buddy from AZ. but I've also been trying to see the anza area with the MJR croud... WHAT TO DO?

Your cracking me up.:smile:
              Yup, I know Gordon's Well. Traveled there lots in the 80's with three wheelers.
              I would recommend going along with any group to go exploring the rest of desert. Some really cool stuff and good challenges for a jeep. Miles of washes if thats what you want and some canyons with steep walls, mud hills......
              Whatever you decide....have a great time.

BobO
              "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
              (Charles Wells)

Comment

Pynion

Anyone running the Pynion trail??
                97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                WEB site

Comment

Nick,
                  x2 on Desert Rat. I bought wheels and tires from them 5 years ago, cheaper than anyone else and good service. Also check with your local tire places for used tires, I bought 5 BFGs 35" for $200 a couple of years back (they had about 15K miles). The Toyos are very hard, a friend is running them and at 5 psi you can't even tell they are aired down. If you can spring the extra $5-10, get BFGs or MTRs instead of the Pro Crap. Just my $0.02.
                  Last edited by Lawrence; 10-11-06, 07:58 AM.
                  [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence
                    Nick,
                    x2 on Desert Rat. I bought wheels and tires from them 5 years ago, cheaper than anyone else and good service. Also check with your local tire places for used tires, I bought 5 BFGs 35" for $200 a couple of years back (they had about 15K miles). The Toyos are very hard, a friend is running them and at 5 psi you can't even tell they are aired down. If you can spring the extra $5-10, get BFGs or MTRs instead of the Pro Crap. Just my $0.02.
                    Yea, you're right. I'm just going to pony up the $$ and get a new one, and then budget for the other 4 in the next few months. I'm thinking this Borrego run is going to be it for a while due to finances.

Comment

Campsites....

Has everyone reserved thier campsites already? I've not done so, but plan to tomorrow; if anything is left open.

Weeee!

Comment

Does anyone have directions?
                        Drew
                        95yj Six Pack

Comment

http://www.adventure4x4.net/waiting/...read.php?t=129

thats a link for directions
                          censored for having an opinion

Comment

oh well
                            looks like we are bringing them both

actually that is a cheap way to show off the new winch bumper and winch I put on today

Comment

Pinyon trail

Originally posted by Jerry Bransford
                              Yeah I did Heart Attack Hill about 8 years ago and my heart still pounds thinkin' about that drop-off, I almost thought they were kidding about driving over the edge.
                              Jerry, were you out there this weekend? I thought I saw you leading a group of 20 jeeps or so. Did they all go down the drop off?
                              If you did, I was the white jeep going the other way with the MJR banner on the windshield.

Regrettably, I am not able to make the 21st due to a birthday party, so I went this past weekend to further explore my desert. Went up Fish Creek to the pinyon trail. Yes, I know its taking it backwards. So I left early before anyone else was up.

Split Mountain road out of Ocotillo Wells

Fish Creek

The drop off

The Squeeze

The Damage

The shaft coming out of the transmission is bent,
                              Now how did I do that? Is that normal?

Anyway, have a great time all!! I'll be there next time
                              "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                              (Charles Wells)

Comment

nice pics
                                I am running the squeeze and dropoff on friday with a few friends
                                sorry about the damage it will buff out

Comment

Working...
                                X