Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez
    Wife says okay, but she has classes to teach on Fri and Sunday for the Desert Institute or something, so no camping for us. We'll have to show up on Saturday morning and leave that night... if we make it off the trail. And because she's so worried about the rigs not being ready, we won't be tackling anything too difficult. I will bring the Valdez, but park it and 'wheel' with the YJ.
    Like blackzzr said you be fine there. Its a fun place to drive around in!
    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
    WEB site

Comment

Well, with those concerns taken care of... we'll be there! I just don't think I should sign the role call as we won't be staying, only making a day trip.
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

we picked up a group of 15 hummers that are going to be there that weekend
        they are doing the coyote canyon area
        and want to hook up with us for a group photo and to maybe do a night patrol in the badlands area
        that makes 35 rigs that have responded to the call
        way cool
        censored for having an opinion

Comment

ugg.. I am still trying to make it, but right now my new front d-44 is laying on the floor of my garage, no gears, no steering, no locker, no idea if I'll make it.
          It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Elusive
            ugg.. I am still trying to make it, but right now my new front d-44 is laying on the floor of my garage, no gears, no steering, no locker, no idea if I'll make it.
            get to wrenching
            we just picked up a group of xterras that want to meet up with us, they are going be there that weekend also

Comment

Originally posted by Elusive
              These are the kind of trails which will be good to your bucket of bolts
              97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
              WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez
                Well, with those concerns taken care of... we'll be there! I just don't think I should sign the role call as we won't be staying, only making a day trip.

Its looking like that also will have to be my take as well Nick. Just a day trip for us as well. Although I am still showing on the roll call. Should I take myself off if we are not camping?

BobO
                "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob
                  Its looking like that also will have to be my take as well Nick. Just a day trip for us as well. Although I am still showing on the roll call. Should I take myself off if we are not camping?

BobO
                  sign the roll
                  we are looking for a list of guys running and camping
                  hey, it keeps growing
                  the core group is around 23
                  plus we have a hmmer group that wants a meet and greet and a night patrol
                  they have 15
                  and a xterra groupthat wants to meet and greet
                  this looks good for the 4x4 community as a whole
                  I am so glad Sarah said to post it up here
                  we now have 5 websites going to be wheeling in the area that weekend

EVERYONE MAKE SURE THEY HAVE MJR STICKERS TO SUPPORT THIS FORUM

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob

BobO
                    Oddly enough, my wife wiggled some room so we could camp on Saturday night, if anything is left available? But we have to shimmy out Sunday morning.

Comment

with the numbers showing up, I am sure a second group camp will have to be had, but splitting 53 bucks is cheap
                      so far the roll call is around 23 rigs, some guys bringing the wife, and some bringing the wife and a few kids
                      anyway, if we need more room, we can pass the hat to get it
                      now, that is 23 rigs, plus 15 hummers at amnother site'
                      and a unknown amount of xterras

sunday morning we will meet with the hummers for a group shot
                      and sat night, we do a night patrol with them

saturday is all jeeps and FJ Cruisers, oh, we have a 4 runner too,

this will be fun

pot luck planning
                      http://www.adventure4x4.net/waiting/...=1149#post1149
                      pm me and I will update for you over there

DID I MENTION, we are doing a pot luck saturday night in the campground
                      Last edited by blackZZR; 10-08-06, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
                        get to wrenching
                        we just picked up a group of xterras that want to meet up with us, they are going be there that weekend also
                        We'll see.
                        Today I got the new HP 44 in the front of the TJ, I installed the ARB, gears, beefed uf the control arm mounts, mbeefed up the front diff cover, got the control arms, shocks, and springs bolted in.I decided that I do not want o install th stock 19 spline outers on the chromoly inners and CTM's I had so I didn't assemble the outer knuckles and axle shafts. I'll order he parts right now, but I just don't know if they will make it in time. I alo need steering links, but I could work around that if need be.

right now I think I have a 60% of being there. I really want o see ho it drives on the road....which also means a day trip for me.
                        It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Bad News...

I blew out a BFG yesterday... which means I dont have a spare right now. I'm looking high and low for a BFG 33x12.5R15 Mud Terrain TA. Anybody knows a cheap place to pick one up, lemme know.

Cheap to me, isn't $165 each.

Comment

tire

man to bad its not an bfg all terrain i got a good one id give you.

Comment

Originally posted by xjkevin
                              man to bad its not an bfg all terrain i got a good one id give you.
                              Actually, that's what I'm running as my spare right now... :thumbs_do Jeep looks funny with one oddball tire. I'm still checking around, found some Toyo's on eBay for $157 each. I'm thinking I'll swap out all 4 if I can't find a good deal on a BFG. But I've heard some bad things about Toyo's...

Comment

have you tried desert rat in Arizona?
                                they have great prices

Comment

Working...
                                X