Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tentatively signed up... might be going to big bear that weekend for "rocktoberfest"
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy
      tentatively signed up... might be going to big bear that weekend for "rocktoberfest"
      lookin' more like anza, and not BB, but still not 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Britain
        Most rolls I've seen here have automatics. You will hear the engine race then .......Thats mostly likey to drivers experience. Ive take about 20 groups through safely...
        I have a slushbox... this is not encouraging!
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez
          I have a slushbox... this is not encouraging!
          The prob with this drop off is your front settles into a hole. Your butt is hanging in the air. You step on the gas to get out of the hole that your front is in and it comes out quick. At that point its all in the foot work from gas to break. I think some people put a foot on each and this is bad.

Autos do come down safely but it is a steep steep grade and its a pucker factor in itself!
          97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
          WEB site

Comment

This looks like a nice mild trip that I can drive the jeep on. I have been meaning to meet more of you, so I'll try to make it!
            It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Thanks Sarah for the roll call

OK now, this weekend I am going down to do a bit of a prerun
              I will be mainly checking out camping info, and just puttering around the area, a few trails

so far we are going split into 2 groups on saturday. a easier group that will be running the east end of the park, and a medium to slightly hard group running the southern area,
              so it will be set up for more than just one run
              I need to find out a bit about camping, so far from 3 websites it looks like we have over 15 going, so maybe a group site, I will check on this and post info

thanks guys

Jim
              censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Britain
                The prob with this drop off is your front settles into a hole. Your butt is hanging in the air. You step on the gas to get out of the hole that your front is in and it comes out quick. At that point its all in the foot work from gas to break. I think some people put a foot on each and this is bad.

Autos do come down safely but it is a steep steep grade and its a pucker factor in itself!
                Even still, I'm still a newbie and don't have my full cage in yet. I may bypass this portion if I can. Of course, I say that now, but once I get there I'll say something like, "Hell I can do that!"

Comment

Even still, I'm still a newbie and don't have my full cage in yet. I may bypass this portion if I can. Of course, I say that now, but once I get there I'll say something like, "Hell I can do that!"
                  Seen a bunch of ladies in there 50's go down it. They were out of AZ and it was there first time to!

Did have to change my pants my first time down:haha:
                  97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                  WEB site

Comment

ok
                    camping info

here is some more info
                    there are 5 group campsites, all next to each other, 53 dollars a night, hold 24 people
                    one of the other websites is getting one, but it looks full up
                    Another of the websites is starting to toy with the idea
                    next to the group sites are 10 individual sites, numbered 90 thru 99
                    the RV sites are 1/2 a mile away
                    there are showers, flush toilets, and other stuff within waking distance ot the group and individual camps
                    there is a day pass system it seems, 6 dollars, you can get it at the visitor center.

reservations 800 444 7275

Comment

borrego badlands

Comment

I'm out, although I will be in Ocotillo Wells the weekend before and after this one! The weekend before with a VERY large group (charity thing too!). The weekend after with friends that have quads... sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
                          borrego badlands
                          [SIZED]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k108/Adventure4x4/DSC_0096.jpg[/SIZED]
                          Holy Crap dude, are we going to see this view? It'll go a long way towards getting the Mrs. to come along!

Comment

you want that view, you got it
                            I am looking for the way in to the bottom also
                            and just think, that view, you get to do 40 mph down a desert wash to get to it

Comment

Wife says okay, but she has classes to teach on Fri and Sunday for the Desert Institute or something, so no camping for us. We'll have to show up on Saturday morning and leave that night... if we make it off the trail. And because she's so worried about the rigs not being ready, we won't be tackling anything too difficult. I will bring the Valdez, but park it and 'wheel' with the YJ.

Comment

Wife says okay, but she has classes to teach on Fri and Sunday for the Desert Institute or something, so no camping for us. We'll have to show up on Saturday morning and leave that night... if we make it off the trail. And because she's so worried about the rigs not being ready, we won't be tackling anything too difficult. I will bring the Valdez, but park it and 'wheel' with the YJ.
                                trust me, one the group doing the run in the area of the picture you asked about, your jeep will be fine.
                                we will be having runs for everyone and their rigs

Comment

Working...
                                X