Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherman Pass 4x4 Trail - Sequoia N.F.

The Sherman Pass 4x4 Trail (33E48) is located in the Sequoia National Forest about 25 miles northeast of Lake Isabella. It is found in the Charles Wells “Guide to Northern California Backroads and 4-Wheel Drive Trails (Trail #68) and is rated “most difficult”. Andrew Weber ran the trail with me on August 27, 2006.

This is the trailhead. Andrew’s silver Rubi Unlimited is on the left and my khaki TJ is on the right.

The first part of the trail is easy…

…and scenic.

The trail is very dusty.

Andrew crossing North Meadow Creek.

Andrew entering North Meadow.

We stopped for lunch at Sherman Peak (elevation 9,900 feet). This is a view toward the east.

This is a view to the west. It’s hazy so you can only see about 40 miles.

The scenery along the trail. The western half of the trail passes through a burn area so there are few trees. The eastern part of the trail passes through denser forest.

The trail ends at Forest Service Road 22S41, then it is an easy four miles along graded dirt road to return to Sherman Pass Road

22S41

Upon reaching Sherman Pass Road, we aired up and returned home via Kennedy Meadow, Nine Mile Canyon, US 395 and CA 14 (about four hours). We plan to run this trail again in about a month, and we will invite MJR to join us.
    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

That's considered "most difficult"? Didn't seem bad to me from the pictures you posted. Are there any worse sections that you didn't get pics of?
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy
      That's considered "most difficult"? Didn't seem bad to me from the pictures you posted. Are there any worse sections that you didn't get pics of?
      Yes, it's not that difficult; there are a few rocky sections that I didn't get pictures of, but pretty much any vehicle with high clearance and 4WD can make it. I would consider its level of difficulty to be roughly equivalent to Miller Jeep trail or Gold Mountain.
      If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
      KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung
        Yes, it's not that difficult; there are a few rocky sections that I didn't get pictures of, but pretty much any vehicle with high clearance and 4WD can make it. I would consider its level of difficulty to be roughly equivalent to Miller Jeep trail or Gold Mountain.
        Great views, great pics.
        Thanks Russ.
        Yup, would love to do that one too. Let us know when you do. We will be watching for it. September filling up fast, October still open.

Matt....I dont know, Charles Wells writes a good book. If he says high ground clearance needed.........

Thanks,
        BobO
        "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
        (Charles Wells)

Comment

we went last year, it was moderate for me, no lockers...just one hard spot...but fun and lovely trail...
          pictures at
          http://www.yopo4x4.com/index.php?mod...&id=23&eid=107

Comment

pretty for a highly maintained fire road...
            1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Working...
            X