Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FishPOET
    I have not been in the area myself since the accident and I have not seen any lats/lons. This info came from the group that removed the K5.

"The Blazer was located 2.5 miles from the beginning of the White
    Mountain trail in the ravine below the slippery shale section of the trail
    up to the Windy Point saddle. The vehicle was located down from the trail about 150 feet.
    I understand it was not a driving type fatality. They got stuck tried to fix the angle of attack and it rolled on top of the driver, The other person was more lucky. I cant confirm that though

Be carefull when you in a postion of trouble. Your rig is not worth your life.
    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
    WEB site

Comment

wow.
      it is a shame to hear of this.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Greg Hoffman will be discussuing this incident tonight (October 18) at 7pm at Sizzler (Magnolia & I-15) in Corona at the quarterly Adopt-A-Trail Meeting.
        Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET
          Greg Hoffman will be discussuing this incident tonight (October 18) at 7pm at Sizzler (Magnolia & I-15) in Corona at the quarterly Adopt-A-Trail Meeting.
          If your going to the meeting or not keeps us posted !
          97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
          WEB site

Comment

Some of the details Greg shared tonight. I am passing them along in the hopes that everyone can learn from the incident. I'm sure the families and club members could still use prayers if you are so inclined.

It was a local club on a club run.
            The K5 was a friend of a friend of a member of the club.
            The K5 was having intermittent tranny probs (popping in and out of park)
            The K5 had a driver and 1 passenger, both inside the vehicle at the time of the accident.
            On a steep incline the K5 developed some sort of trouble.
            The driver put the K5 in park, but it didn't hold and started rolling backwards.
            The passenger grabbed the steering wheel and it turned the vehicle off the trail and down an embankment. While rolling down the embankment the K5 hit a large rock and split open a jerry can on the rear. A fire started. The passenger was ejected from the vehicle. The club extracted the driver and carried him away from the fire. The vehicle fire started a brush fire and both occupants needed to be moved away from the brush fire. The driver expired at the seen. Final autopsy results are not in yet.
            Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Well put, Doug.
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Awfull. Sad to hear what really happened.
                Last edited by Britain; 10-19-06, 02:55 PM.
                97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                WEB site

Comment

Holy hell... that's scary! I'm glad I didn't see that. I really wish it hadn't happened! It was scary enough seeing this fj roll last weekend where the driver was ejected:

If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Learn from this and use your seatbelts the way they were designed to be used. I can't even begin to count the number of folks I've seen on a trail playing without a seatbelt. Scarry poo poo! I believe that to be one of the dudes from Beach n Toys from Orange County. Although I don't know him personally, I recognize that rig. Hope he recovers and the build up starts...all over! Lucky man!

...and to trash that FJ

OUCH!

Originally posted by Materdaddy
                    Holy hell... that's scary! I'm glad I didn't see that. I really wish it hadn't happened! It was scary enough seeing this fj roll last weekend where the driver was ejected:

"run forest, run!"

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Crawlin'
                      Learn from this and use your seatbelts the way they were designed to be used. I can't even begin to count the number of folks I've seen on a trail playing without a seatbelt. Scarry poo poo! I believe that to be one of the dudes from Beach n Toys from Orange County. Although I don't know him personally, I recognize that rig. Hope he recovers and the build up starts...all over! Lucky man!

...and to trash that FJ

OUCH!
                      non seatbelt wearers make darwins job waaay too easy
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Crawlin'

...and to trash that FJ

OUCH!
                        I believe the man's name was "Chad." And OC does sound about right. From what I heard he flopped that FJ before (although not rolled). He should be OK, and I'm sure will build it again.

And so you all know, he was wearing a seat belt, just improperly... He was a "bigger" guy and was wearing it around his gut, not his hips, so after the first bounce/roll he popped out of it like a cork. Very scary stuff!
                        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
                        X