Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eriks dad-rubicon

:shout: Rubicon trail 06--i want everyone to know i had a great time on the trail, it was one of the great adventures in my 62 years. you jeepers are a wonderful and ecclectic bunch. the rough trail.the beauty of the desert and mountains and your kindness will stay with me always. special thanks to Chris & Tammy, to my son erik of coarse, and to all on the ride. i hope someday to do it again if my back holds out and you'll have me.:thumbs_up
    Last edited by JeepGal; 08-01-06, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by walt jordan
      :shout: Rubicon trail 06--i want everyone to know i had a great time on the trail, it was one of the great adventures in my 62 years. you jeepers are a wonderful and ecclectic bunch. the rough trail.the beuty of the desert and mountains and your kindness will stay with me always. special thanks to Chris & Tammy, to my son erik of coarse, and to all on the ride. i hope someday to do it again if my back holds out and you'll have me.:thumbs_up
      We'll have you back anytime. Glad you could make it and that is was enjoyable for you. Hurry back... I looked at you and Erik and wished me and my dad could have done this. God rest his soul.
      Kurt
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

:shout: Rubicon trail 06--i want everyone to know i had a great time on the trail, it was one of the great adventures in my 62 years. you jeepers are a wonderful and ecclectic bunch. the rough trail.the beauty of the desert and mountains and your kindness will stay with me always. special thanks to Chris & Tammy, to my son erik of coarse, and to all on the ride. i hope someday to do it again if my back holds out and you'll have me.:thumbs_up
        It was our pleasure Walt! I wish I could get my Dad to come out with us.

Youre welcome back anytime!

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Thanks kurt -glad i met you loved your diving stories.

Comment

hey dad! welcome to MJR.
            i see you made it home safe and sound. i am glad you were able to make the trip out, and join me on something that i really enjoy doing. i am even happier to know that you had a good time along with me, and had some fun with my friends.
            you let me know when you are ready to do it again, and i'll surely have a seat available for you, be it driver or passenger.

if you need more pictures, i'm sure i could get these guys to burn you theis and send it to you.
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Walt! Great to see you here! You're a great driver just like your son
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Walt,
                It was my pleasure to meet you. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself. Jeeping seems to bring out the best in some people and I'm glad you were able to experience this. I look forward to seeing you again.

Comment

oh man looks like a blast!!! I cant wait till ill be there!!! lil sluice looked pretty easy huh? Sounds like and looked like you guys had a blast of course!! how was the weather up there at night and during the day? ill be up there in about 10 days. not sure how long you were on the trail either... we were suppose to camp and Buck but i guess we cant b/c of some new rules? I dunno... great pics guys!
                  [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

welcome to the madness. :yay:
                    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97
                      oh man looks like a blast!!! I cant wait till ill be there!!! lil sluice looked pretty easy huh? Sounds like and looked like you guys had a blast of course!! how was the weather up there at night and during the day? ill be up there in about 10 days. not sure how long you were on the trail either... we were suppose to camp and Buck but i guess we cant b/c of some new rules? I dunno... great pics guys!
                      Little Sluice was very difficult. The two largest rocks have shifted, leaving it nearly impassable for a narrow wheel based vehicle. Unless you are very prepared and have all your spares ready, and have the know how to install them on the trail, in awkward positions....Id steer clear.

The weather was awesome. Warm days and cool nights. The water was perfect. Chilly enough to cool you off and warm enough to allow you to spend some time in it. We sacrificed our tow strap, and re-hung the rope swing at Rubicon Springs.

We had no problem camping at Buck Island Lake. Be sure to park your vehicles no more then 25' off the trail and you'll be fine. You can set up camp anywhere.

Enjoy your trip!

Tam
                      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Awesome pictures. Make's me want to go again, it's been too long. The clouds in the sky really made the pictures.
                        '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

Thanks again Erik- glad we had a chance to bond- you are a great guy with a lot of great friends. there are lots of pics on this site---Jeepers= tough jeeps & good cameras. If i can figure out how, i will add my pics.

Comment

Walt,

It was great meeting you & talking to you. This was my first time out with MJR too & it was nothing short of fun, great new friends & enjoyable off-roading!!! I just wish I didn't have so much on my plate, that I could wheel as much as I'd like to. Hope to see you out on those trails again soon!

Marshall
                            '04 Solar Yellow AEV HEMI Rubicon
                            '05 M3 ZCP SG/IR

Comment

Wow, well our trip report is up. First draft anyway

Let me know what we missed, because I'm sure it's not all there.

http://myjeeprocks.com/reports/2006/...ubicon-run-06/
                              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

sa-weet. :yay:
                                myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Working...
                                X