Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swamp Lake Labor day weekend

http://www.cal4wheel.com/swamplake/index.htm

Anybody want to do this? It is comparable to Dusy but a lot shorter. I plan on going.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

I would love to go but other things are happening that same weekend. I am going to have to miss going to swamp this year.
    Joe Rojas
    1994 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Keep your eyes on the rubicon4wda web site. A few of us are planning swamp lake and thompson hill for labor day

Comment

Nobody going?????? (Forgot, this isn't Big Bear) I registered. I'm doing the 2 day run. Much more enjoyable than racing through in one day.
        Last edited by igofshn; 08-13-06, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Just ran swamp lake this weekend...what a great trail! reminds me alot of running the Rubicon.

I can't make the Labor day run, but would highly recommend doing this run to anyone. (I would also recommend doing it in 2 days....to pretty to rush through.)

Curt
          71' Jeepster - Stock Jeep
          70' Jeepster - Trail Jeep
          73' Commando - Wrecked Heap

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
            Nobody going?????? (Forgot, this isn't Big Bear)
            it's also not JV, the rubicon, moab...
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Al, where is this place in relation to Vegas? It sounds pretty good!
              That's a BIG rock!

Comment

It is about 1 hour NE of Fresno. Part of the Sierra's but the west side.

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                  it's also not JV, the rubicon, moab...
                  I've been to JV, and the Rubicon.

Comment

Al

I will be there with our Rubi, as part of the trail crew.

I will be with the crew on the two day run.
                    Glad to see you signed up.

See you there.

Todd
                    Navy-Jeepster
                    Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                    Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Can't make the Labor Day run but I am going this weekend 25th - 27th. Should be fun but we will be doing from base camp near Bald Mtn. the Swamp Route back to base camp in one day. Last year we camped at the lake I would recommend a at least a two day trip. Have fun and enjoy the view.
                      Joe Rojas
                      1994 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Todd,

I'm doing the 2 day run. Looking forward to it. Too bad nobody else from the forum wants to go.

Comment

igofshn, I am not so sure as that folks dont want to go. Its just that Labor Day weekend is a big weekend and lots of things are going on. Family and friends over. Barbecues, parties..... you know.
                          I'm a new jeepr and I WANT to go everywhere. Now the problem is finding a balance of work, family.......then jeepn.
                          The earliest I can go is the 9th.

See you on the trail,
                          BobO
                          "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                          (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Bachman
                            Al, where is this place in relation to Vegas? It sounds pretty good!

Bachman,
                            Nice rig you got there.
                            "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                            (Charles Wells)

Comment

This run does have minimum requirements of 33's, and at least one locker.

I can tell you after I ran this trail on a pre-run with our club, that 33's and two lockers are almost a minimum.
                              Our Rubi is still on the stock 31's, and a couple of spots, I dragged the shovel over some rocks.

I am looking for a set of 33's or bigger for when we do this run on Labor day. We are a part of the trail crew. There is also a crew that will be in there to help with spotting and what not.

Al
                              When are you coming up to base camp?
                              We are going up Friday, and may run Bald on Friday.
                              Are you going to bring your trailer?
                              We are going to bring our camper up, and then a tent for the trail.
                              Teresa is going to possibly take a group up Bald if they do not want to run Swamp. She does not like tent camping.

Thanks

Todd
                              Navy-Jeepster
                              Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                              Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Working...
                              X