Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop highjacking my thread....make your own
    87' XJ "Gnarly"

To some ! it's a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group. Salvation in a can!
    ~ Dave Howell

Comment

Originally posted by Nate
      I wanna run Dishpan, but, I dont know anything about the trail.
      Access from the West:

The main street in Cedar Glen is Hook Creek Rd. Follow Hook Creek Rd East through Cedar Glen, past the Malt Shop, past the Forest Lawn Scout Camps, past all the Old Fire devastation and Hook Creek Rd turns into FS Road # 2N26Y. Follow the paved road down past 1 cabin and 1 stream crossing and you will come to a Y. Stay right at the Y and you will be on FS road 3N34 headed for the T-6 bridge and Dishpan Springs. Once across the T-6 bridge the trail becomes narrow and rutted. The main feature is the waterfall about 1/2 way up the trail. GPS coords for T-6 are N 34° 16.083 W 117° 07.713

Access from the East:

Take Green Valley Lake Rd from Hwy 18. Approx 1 mile before reaching Green Valley Lake there will be a dirt road on your left. It is FS road 3N16. Follow this road approx 6 miles to Crab Flats Campground. From Crab Flats Campground take FS road 3N34 West past Tent Peg Group Campground and just after a hard left turn the trail becomes narrow and rutted. The waterfall is about 1/2 down the trail. GPS coords for Tent Peg are N 34° 15.707 W 117° 05.975

A topo map of 3N34 Dishpan Springs can be found at [url]http://img.geocaching.com/cache/f24d00cb-a339-4c6b-859e-ec3a53574e95.jpg[url]
      Last edited by FishPOET; 06-14-06, 02:31 PM.
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

the 21st is good too figure out when and where.
        All the way in my ZJ

Comment

I like to start early.....0800? let me look at me map and figure out a meeting spot. I will get back to you later. Got a meeting spot to suggest?
          87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

Originally posted by Nate
            I like to start early.....0800? let me look at me map and figure out a meeting spot. I will get back to you later. Got a meeting spot to suggest?
            Hey Nate,
            I don't know if you checked the other thread you had started on Weekday Wheelers, so I want to let you know that my family is coming in from Seattle so I won't make this trip. But I will be drinking lots of beers, {{{{{COLD}}}}}} beers, that's got to count for something.
            Next time, fer sher
            Rat
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Sorry.....just got off a crazy little working marathon, did a 19, 18 and 12 hr shift back 2 back. Im ready 2 go...if you still want to go call me at 623-570-1519 anytime (be up workin on the jeep). was thinking of meeting up at 0800 at the intersection of 3n16 and green valley lake Rd.
              87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

Working...
              X