This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by screwball
    The new guy here, with stock Jeep. Going to try and make a day trip, Sat or Sun. How about an Adventure Pass ? Do I need one before I arrive?

Are there trail maps 4 sale that describe it's level of difficulty?

I may just come up alone, my daughter who's 14 asked if there's a Mall in Big Bear... My wife wanted to come- She wanted to go shopping! So I told the stores are all closed for summer, and wont open till ski season.

Patrick
    There is some info at the bottom of this page that will help you.
    http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/an....php?f=25&a=15

That's funny about the shopping! Don't worry too much about the maps. We can point you in the right direction. We're going to start the day with an easy trip to Little Bear Peak and disperse from there. There are other stockers heading up too, so I'm sure there will be all levels of trail runs.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

• Originally posted by screwball
      How about an Adventure Pass ? Do I need one before I arrive?
      Adventure passes are only needed in developed areas where other fees are not charged. You do not need one for Hanna Flats. You do not need on on 99% of the dirt roads in the back country. You do need 1 to pull off the highway in paved turnouts and/or at any picnic area and/or any yellow post site and/or at any trailhead with restrooms, etc.

Originally posted by screwball
      Are there trail maps 4 sale that describe it's level of difficulty?
      The Ranger stations sell maps. They do not include the level of difficulty. The ranger stations have excellent free OHV maps that do describe the level of difficulty on most black diamond and blue square trails, but they are currently out of these maps. There are in the process of being re-printed. I may have a couple of these free OHV maps buried someplace in my heep. I guess I'll have to clean it up before I head up the hill.
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

• Ill BE THERE AT THE MEET AND GREAT

Originally posted by FishPOET
        Adventure passes are only needed in developed areas where other fees are not charged. You do not need one for Hanna Flats. You do not need on on 99% of the dirt roads in the back country. You do need 1 to pull off the highway in paved turnouts and/or at any picnic area and/or any yellow post site and/or at any trailhead with restrooms, etc
        Ill be there with "Matt2001TJ" Yes im driving a stocker but ill go just about anywhere. Dont know if we will be camping or not might just be a day trip it depends on what we see when we get up there....ED

Comment

• Yes, you need an adventure pass. Stop by the Discovery Center in Big Bear and pick up a copy of the "Off Highway Vehicle Guide"
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY
          You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

• haha yeah and there are little shops up here ut probably not a "mall" like your daughter is thinking. It is super beautiful up here though, its a good family atmosphere... and a good Jeepin' atmosphere.
            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

• I'll see you guys and gals up there. We always seem to cross somewhere on the trails.....

Everyone take a moment and UNSTACK some rocks on the trails. John Bull is starting to look like a freeway.

Clean up after your pet stocker TJ's.

Comment

• Originally posted by saki669
                I'll see you guys and gals up there. We always seem to cross somewhere on the trails.....

Everyone take a moment and UNSTACK some rocks on the trails. John Bull is starting to look like a freeway.

YAY! It will be nice to intentionally see you this time. Hehe.
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Fart
                  Yes, you need an adventure pass. Stop by the Discovery Center in Big Bear and pick up a copy of the "Off Highway Vehicle Guide"
                  Do I need one even though I run a golden eagle access pass?
                  censored for having an opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by saki669
                    I'll see you guys and gals up there. We always seem to cross somewhere on the trails.....

problem with the Bull, is it is bragged about
                    so every stocker in the world moves rocks so they can say they did the Bull
                    some of my favorite obsticles are gone, moved to get some stupid street queen of a H2 past the area.
                    If we would just keep quiet about our beloved trails, they would stay nice.
                    censored for having an opinion

Comment

• lol...which flippin' decent trail hasn't been tweeked to allow grocery getters through? If (and I say if) it's that important to stack rocks, atleast have the common decency to put'em back for the rest of us gyru's! Your right though, folks bragging about the good times on great trails sometimes causes unneccesary problems.

Originally posted by blackZZR
                      problem with the Bull, is it is bragged about
                      so every stocker in the world moves rocks so they can say they did the Bull
                      some of my favorite obsticles are gone, moved to get some stupid street queen of a H2 past the area.
                      If we would just keep quiet about our beloved trails, they would stay nice.
                      "run forest, run!"

Comment

• Originally posted by blackZZR
                        Do I need one even though I run a golden eagle access pass?
                        Since April 18, 2003, Golden Eagle, Golden Age, and Golden Access Passports are accepted for payment of all sites and areas requiring the National Forest Adventure Pass
                        Jeff
                        OHV76V
                        KG6TY
                        You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

• b/b

where should us non overnighters meet you guys, should we just meet you at hanna flats,

Comment

• Originally posted by jeepnzj
                            where should us non overnighters meet you guys, should we just meet you at hanna flats,
                            Hanna Flats would be great...8 or 9'ish
                            "run forest, run!"

Comment

• Beer Fixs Everything

Originally posted by Nate
                              If i make it I will be bringing my two boys....3 and 4 yrs

Jeep sprung a powersteering leak! It only leaks when I turn with any extra pressure on the wheels.....its the seal between the tank and pump. Dont have time to fix it right now. This sucks!
                              Nate, just pour a can of budwieser in there. That will work like stop leak....Matt
                              "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

• Hi gang!

Just back from vacation and I knew I should have reserved a campsite before I left. Now there are none left! Anyone have any space left we could pitch a small tent and park the YJ and Es-Cop-ay? We have to bring the Ford because we have yet to go out and not break anything.

Have to have a way home ya know!
                                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X