Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow you guys - those pictures look totally awesome!! how do we sleep so long? i dunno, us young kids need our beauty sleep LOL

did you guys go to the pinnacles?
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

• Rick and Sarah, Sorry for leaving with out saying good bye. We tried to wake you up, but we were unsucessful. Tammy says sorry for leaving the trash. She was having the kids pick up their mess and we forgot to throw it in the Jeep.

We Went to the Pinnacles for like a half an hour or so . . . thats some pretty cool stuff.

Panamint was fun!!! Its was good to see some old faces and put some old names to faces Defense mine was cool! Walking through that stuff was Awesome. Plus the wheeling was pretty damn good to get there. Where are the pics SARAH!!!! I'm liking my jeep mose and more everytime I take it out.

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

• it's ok you didn't wake us up, we weren't mad. i was pretty beat from climbing around taking all the pics -- i'm working on them now, here's a sneak preview!

Head for the hills!

ROCKIN!

Oooh, FLEXY!

Aren't they cute ...

SEE THE PIXS
        Last edited by sarah; 11-10-03, 03:12 PM.
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

• Originally posted by blkTJ
          that's it? you were wheeling for 3 days and that's all you can say about it?:confused: :mad:
          Hey! 3 days of wheeling...exhaustion. When you are driving the event's low-rider you have to expend a lot of energy trying not to rip the underside of your Jeep apart.

Pics later...I have to fight with Earthlink or get my Image Station to work...one or the other.

Comment

• Just got back from the dealership. I gave the Jeep the Jeep equivilent of a day at the spa (deserves it). After a bath and an oil change and lube the dealer said that the Jeep was in top form and nothing damaged. Just some rock kisses.

I did that Lookout City Sunset run and it went around by Waterfall Zero (which I nearly drove through in the dark if I hadn't remembered a particular boulder and did a hard right to get to the bypass.) That was pretty technical for me. I was completely exhausted by that run. It scared the bejeezus out of me several times. Especially coming back in the dark.

Otherwise the trails were fun. I had to pay very close attention due to my short stature, but nothing out of hand. I had one spot where I thought I would have to get a strap. I got both front wheels in the air. I had to ride the belly plate to get out of it. I had no choice...there was no where to put my wheels.

Many thanks to you guys...TJTerry...Thank you for the air. Kirk, Al and Erik...great company. The Kings...had a great time with you. Tam ...your daughter can hold my raffle tickets any time...the girl is illegally lucky. Glad to meet you Jim...look forward to having some of your work on my Jeep.

Sorry I couldn't find more time to hang with you Sarah...everyone just ran off in all sorts of directions and I was pretty much stuck on the baby Jeep trails.

Brian...shoulda been there. We missed you.

Comment

• WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!
              did someone spill some grease on the trail?
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

• http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288619627

Last edited by igofshn; 11-10-03, 10:57 PM.
                1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

• Who's that 'mo?

Nice pics!
                  Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

• Originally posted by NAILER341

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!
                    did someone spill some grease on the trail?
                    Yeah, someone spilled some junk and I had to go driving right through that mess . I honestly dont know what in the hell I was stuck on, but I was stuck!
                    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

• Originally posted by Dukes69
                      Yeah, someone spilled some junk and I had to go driving right through that mess . I honestly dont know what in the hell I was stuck on, but I was stuck!
                      Ah Chris, I think you got stuck on the rock that we first got stuck on. Remember? But we weren't towed off Sorry, just kidding. The primarily stock TJ except for locker and 30s, we did an awesome job. Although, try to put up with an 11 year old biting her nails and griping through that section!
                      1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                      Glad to be back in California!

Comment

• I did drive Sunday. I drove the Jail Canyon run. AWESOME!! It was very tame even though the Jeep in front of us was taking very bad lines. She wasn't even looking out her window for tire placement. At least, Megan didn't complain on that one

Comment

• Originally posted by king4wd2
                          I did drive Sunday. I drove the Jail Canyon run. AWESOME!! It was very tame even though the Jeep in front of us was taking very bad lines. She wasn't even looking out her window for tire placement. At least, Megan didn't complain on that one
                          I did that run on Friday and it was tame. The Mitsubishi Montero on street tires let me know where the bad spots were. I heard him go clunk and I went the other way. You didn't have to stick the head out the window, but you did have to pay attention if your Jeep was a bit on the short side. You are right, that girl was probably not paying attention.

How did you like the mine? I thought it was cute.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAILER341
                            great weekend! i had a wonderful time
                            rick, and sarah, how in the world can you guys sleep soooo long?
                            i wound up not getting anything welded. i thought i broke my u bolt while re-torqueing them. turns out that i just pulled the threads out of the nut.
                            great pics kirk.. i really enjoyed the defence mine run.. especially the little offshoot at the end.
                            here are some pics.

i won some hand cleaner from the drawing, which got chris all wound up, and he couldnt control himself.
                            I took this one!

kirks ticket was called for some prizes too, but the caller had some personal problems with the raffle and kirk wound up not getting his 10 year supply of hand cleaner.

little zoie got underfoot again, and al went DOWN LOL LOL!!
                            Whoa! Kewl Pic!

Comment

• Originally posted by qwiksilver
                              I did that run on Friday and it was tame. The Mitsubishi Montero on street tires let me know where the bad spots were. I heard him go clunk and I went the other way. You didn't have to stick the head out the window, but you did have to pay attention if your Jeep was a bit on the short side. You are right, that girl was probably not paying attention.

How did you like the mine? I thought it was cute.
                              The mine was great! However, the bit about sticking your head out the window. We were told to do that at our first four wheeling expedition. We went through a beginners training course at Big Bear for the 1998 Jeep Jamboree and they told us to do that for proper tire placement; however, you can still get stuck on a rock. So, it's up to the driver what they want to do, but personally, I like sticking my head out the window to see where I'm lining my tire up.

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah
                                it's ok you didn't wake us up, we weren't mad. i was pretty beat from climbing around taking all the pics -- i'm working on them now, here's a sneak preview!

Head for the hills!

ROCKIN!

Oooh, FLEXY!

Aren't they cute ...

SEE THE PIXS
                                I checked out the pix and they are AWESOME You even made us look good We'll get ours posted soon!
                                It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
                                and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Working...
                                X