Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erik...you got it up there...now how did you get it down? I am looking at your wheels and wondering how they would look on my beast.
    well, those pics are of a bad attempt at doran canyon entrance. i winched up the rest of the way because i overheated my clutch.

Question for either of you: If I get 33" tires on my TJ would I immediately need a lift kit? Or could I still tool around town without the tires rubbing the Jeep? I am looking at a grand or more for tires and wheels and couldn't afford the lift at the same time.
    i am not a tj guy, but i'm prett sure, at the very least, you would need a 1" body lift, and 1.5" spacers. i'm sure someone will chime in and correct me if i am wrong
    those are both relatively inexpensive lifts... like 200 for both.

(Did you know that tires and wheels can cost as much as a one carat diamond ring?)
    i'd say that you are getting some expensive tires and wheels, or a pretty flawed diamond or have a great connection (that i need to meet) for jewelery.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341

i am not a tj guy, but i'm prett sure, at the very least, you would need a 1" body lift, and 1.5" spacers. i'm sure someone will chime in and correct me if i am wrong
      those are both relatively inexpensive lifts... like 200 for both.

i'd say that you are getting some expensive tires and wheels, or a pretty flawed diamond or have a great connection (that i need to meet) for jewelery.
      So, I should just go ahead and save up for both.

The other problem I will have with lifts is that I need to be able to get into my Jeep while dressed for the office (which means slim skirts). Right now I am able to scooch my butt onto the seat and swing my legs over the sill. I had been planning a 2" lift with some doubts about freeway handling and ability to get in the Jeep.

The reason I am looking at 33" tires is that many trail runs state that 33" tires are the minimum.

As for the diamonds: That's for an H1 color and S1 or less quality. If you are going for anything that has no flaws or color, you can expect to triple the price. I recently bought a very nice channel set ring that listed about $1,400 (got it for less than a grand though).

I have been checking for tire and wheel combo packages and so far I have seen those combos for a grand. If you know a cheaper way to get stuff let me know. My perfect wheels would be like yours - B.L.A.C.K.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

well, i bought my tires from this guy..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2437436958
        he has great prices! and you WILL get your tires. the wheels are easy... those are available at 4 wheel parts, and virtually every other wheel store. they are about the least expensive wheel available. about 35 bucks.
        now, if you get your tires delivered, (call him about "actual" shipping fees) and you physically go to 4 wheel parts to get the wheels, you may be able to do as i did and get your tires mounted, and balanced for free.. but call them first. the other and "best" way, (in my opinion) is to get americas tire to match or beat 4 wheel parts price on the wheels, and have them mount and balance your tires, and buy the warranty on the tires.
        those tires are actually worth about 200 bucks on the shelf, and you can get a "no questions asked" warranty on all 5 of them for about 100 bucks. A GREAT INVESTMENT.
        keep posting if you have any more questions
        ERIK

Comment

well, i bought my tires from this guy..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2437436958
          he has great prices! and you WILL get your tires. the wheels are easy... those are available at 4 wheel parts, and virtually every other wheel store. they are about the least expensive wheel available. about 35 bucks.
          now, if you get your tires delivered, (call him about "actual" shipping fees) and you physically go to 4 wheel parts to get the wheels, you may be able to do as i did and get your tires mounted, and balanced for free.. but call them first. the other and "best" way, (in my opinion) is to get americas tire to match or beat 4 wheel parts price on the wheels, and have them mount and balance your tires, and buy the warranty on the tires.
          those tires are actually worth about 200 bucks on the shelf, and you can get a "no questions asked" warranty on all 5 of them for about 100 bucks. A GREAT INVESTMENT.
          keep posting if you have any more questions
          $35 a wheel? We are talking those cute socks you got on your Jeep, right? Hell, I can get the wheels now and use them as an endtables or something until I can afford the tires. I mean all it would take to turn them into a decorative temporary table would be one of those plywood rounds from Home Depot and some trade material from my fabric bin.

There is a 4 Wheel Parts place about 10 minutes from my apartment. Got my tow strap there.

Thank you

Comment

here are a couple of shots of mine at calico
            I saw a body panel protector (?) on the back of your Jeep. Am I correct? I also like how you have your fuel situation (although I am nervous about carrying gas...I'm female...I get nervous over silly things.) I am curious about these things. Something to discuss while at the BBQ?

Comment

Heya Cricket...I havent really said Hi yet...so Howdy and Welcome!

I have 33's and 2 1/2" of suspension with 1" body...youre going to need all of it. Oh...and ummm, I wear business suits to work in mine everyday, shes my daily driver as well, and I love the looks I get!

Ive run Last Chance on 225s and no lift, 31's and 2 1/2" and 33's and 3 1/2"...youll do just fine.

Here some links to my Last Chance Albums:

Last Chance 10/02

Last Chance 11/02

Last Chance 2/03

If you dont have a Imagestation accout, its worth having. If youd rather not, you can use:
              username: JGsGuest
              password: Jeeps

I meant to do this days ago, but have been REALLY busy ...itsa good thing

Im looking forward to the night run...should be a BLAST...is anyone up for this Friday Night???

Hope this helps...look forward to meeting you soon...

Tam
              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
                Heya Cricket...I havent really said Hi yet...so Howdy and Welcome!

I have 33's and 2 1/2" of suspension with 1" body...youre going to need all of it. Oh...and ummm, I wear business suits to work in mine everyday, shes my daily driver as well, and I love the looks I get!

Ive run Last Chance on 225s and no lift, 31's and 2 1/2" and 33's and 3 1/2"...youll do just fine.

Hope this helps...look forward to meeting you soon...

Tam
                You scare me. You scare me big!

That one wash has me very frightened. How is my little stock gentleman going to get through that? I saw Jeeps leaning on the rocks. What?! Were they taking a rest? :confused:

Not only is my poor Jeep stock, but my 4 wheelin' experience has been cow pastures in Kansas. No rocks, just mud. And Dad was always ready with the tractor to pull me out. Yep, plenty scared now.

But, can't wait to introduce my gentleman in black to your lady in red. (If you wake up the next morning with a new stock Jeep in your driveway, you know what happened while we were having coffee )

You want to know how stock my poor Jeep is...go to his web page. The url is below.

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksilver
                  ...That one wash has me very frightened. How is my little stock gentleman going to get through that? I saw Jeeps leaning on the rocks. What?! Were they taking a rest? :confused:

Hehehehe...thats called the Wedge...and No, the Jeeps are not taking a rest. Ive never driven the wedge, and without lockers I never will. Thats the hardest obstacle there, and theres a bypass.

Youll be just fine
                  2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                  Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

i have driven the wedge, and been pulled through the wedge. it is easy if you have the right line, and VERY expensive if you dont.
                    a blown bead on my tire caused MUCH damage

dont get nervous.. you have to put yourself in the position to do this most of our runs have alternates.
                    ERIK

Comment

i have driven the wedge, and been pulled through the wedge. it is easy if you have the right line, and VERY expensive if you dont.
                      a blown bead on my tire caused MUCH damage

dont get nervous.. you have to put yourself in the position to do this most of our runs have alternates.
                      In horse terms, I would say your beast threw a shoe and lamed himself pretty good.

I will be quite happy to do the bypass and take photos. I have a nice digital. I have one of those Imagestation accounts to put the photos on for sharing. I might be of some use after all.

Oh, Jeep Gal, I saw that one photo you got of the rainbow...sahweet.

Comment

here are a few pics from the jeep shindig

ERIK

Comment

one of "our own" voted BEST CITY JEEP!

congratulations! i think
                          ERIK

Comment

one of "our own" voted [SIZE=3]BEST CITY JEEP!
                            congratulations! i think
                            You know, I swung by there about 3pm and not a Jeep in sight. When did all this happen?

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksilver
                              You know, I swung by there about 3pm and not a Jeep in sight. When did all this happen?
                              from about 10-2ish. Everyone kinda bolted after the trophys. It was kinda hot and the smoke and ash make it a little less then desirable.

Thanks to Quinn for posting this. We had a good time, despite the weather. Thanks!
                              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                              X