Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holcomb Creek

Tammy and I want to run Holcomb Creek and we are wondering if a couple of other members would be up for a day trip? I am not sure of where it is, so if there is a member who would be willing to act as a guide, that would be great!
    [roll]281[/roll]
    Last edited by sarah; 05-18-06, 03:36 PM.

I'm interested, a little soon for a sure YES though :homer: .
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Actually a neighbor and I are getting together to set up a weekend run during the same time too. More than welcome to join us, or anybody else that wants too

Comment

Sounds like a great way to spend my b-day, pencil me in. I'll have to see if the other three want to come with me. Maybe I can talk 4x4fish to come too...

Comment

I'd be up for something in Big Bear that weekend. count me in. I'll start saving up for gas this week
          03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

I would like to try the New Jeep out, but first got to get the hubby to install my tow hooks in the front. On Holcomb Creek, can you do it with open diffs?
            1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
            Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd2
              I would like to try the New Jeep out, but first got to get the hubby to install my tow hooks in the front. On Holcomb Creek, can you do it with open diffs?
              Its been done before.......might need a strap or two, but definately need front tow hooks. We are also planning on doing John Bull, Goldmine......

Comment

Im about 90% in for at least holcomb creek...gotta try out the new locker

I know of a trail i want to try out too....maybe i can lay the old XJ on its side
                87' XJ "Gnarly"

To some ! it's a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group. Salvation in a can!
                ~ Dave Howell

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd2
                  I did it lifted and open, but got a little banged up too.
                  “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                  -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

I'm looking at the calender and nothing is happening. I would like to attend.

Comment

Glad to have some experience along. Is anyone willing to volunteer to be the guide / leader for this?

As for open diffs, we will be attempting it with open diffs ourselves....

Tammy is excited to be driving her Jeep on this run.

Comment

I know where the trail is......but never ran the whole thing, it was too crowded at the first rock garden. If no one else knows where it is i will head it up.

What time are we planning on meeting and where?

9am @ Fawnskin Fire Dept? does that work for everyone?
                        87' XJ "Gnarly"

To some ! it's a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group. Salvation in a can!
                        ~ Dave Howell

Comment

Originally posted by ChucknTammy
                          Glad to have some experience along. Is anyone willing to volunteer to be the guide / leader for this?

As for open diffs, we will be attempting it with open diffs ourselves....

Tammy is excited to be driving her Jeep on this run.
                          I am leading another group of Jeeps, more than welcome to tag along....I know the area pretty well.

Comment

I ran the first half of Holcomb with the MJR group in January with open diffs and no lift in the snow, and I never needed a tug with a strap or winch.

I'm sure the entire trail can be run open and stock, especially if there's little or no snow. I'd recommend a good set of tires, though. Stock tires are probably not enough.
                            03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

I'm up for this run. Looking forward to it. It will be my first run on that trail.

Originally posted by ChucknTammy
                              Tammy and I want to run Holcomb Creek and we are wondering if a couple of other members would be up for a day trip? I am not sure of where it is, so if there is a member who would be willing to act as a guide, that would be great!

We will be meeting at the Denny's in Yucca Valley at 6:00 am for breakfast, then hit the dirt.
                              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X