Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Races 3/25 Johnson Valley

NTRA is holding a Rock Race (not a crawl) Mar 25 '06 beginning at 9am at Means Dry Lake Johnson Valley. I understand that they will be attempting to set a "World Record" time for completing Sledgehammer (sounds like the "hold-my-beer-and-watch-this" crowd has gone pro!). Anyway, cost to get in is $10 per person, kids under 5 free. Flyer says there will be concessions there, but, I'd go prepared just in case. Directions are off Hwy 247, 20 miles west of Yucca Vlly on Boone Rd to Means Dry Lake entrance to Johnson Valley.
    :gun: My garage ain't cluttered, it's just cozy with crap.

I found this url: http://www.trailracing.com/
    Sounds veeery interesting ... may have to check it out.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

They are also looking for judges for this event. Let me know and then I can let the proper people know. Being a judge gets you a free entrance, free food, free tshirt and hat and the privilege of being up close and personal with the guys!
      1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
      Glad to be back in California!

Comment

I am intrested in judgeing. was planning on going anyway. Might have one more judge for you after i let him know he is needed

Comment

Free is a good price, let me know if they need any help.
          :gun: My garage ain't cluttered, it's just cozy with crap.

Comment

if your already sitting up at the mailbox, can they still charge you???
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
              if your already sitting up at the mailbox, can they still charge you???
              Your just a barrel of laughs Brian!!

Comment

Ones volunteering to be Judges just go there and ask for Heidi and you might want to get there at like 7:30am and tell her that Sandra King sent you (or tell her the Girl Scout Cookie Lady sent you).

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd2
                  Your just a barrel of laughs Brian!!
                  bucket, maybe a bucket.
                  myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Does anyone know if these are the easiest directions to Johnson Valley, coming from San Diego?

NTRA is holding a Rock Race (not a crawl) Mar 25 '06 beginning at 9am at
                    Means Dry Lake Johnson Valley. I understand that they will be attempting to set a "World Record" time for completing Sledgehammer (sounds like the "hold-my-beer-and-watch-this" crowd has gone pro!). Anyway, cost to get in is $10 per person, kids under 5 free. Flyer says there will be concessions there, but, I'd go prepared just in case. Directions are off Hwy 247, 20 miles west of Yucca Vlly on Boone Rd to Means Dry Lake entrance to Johnson Valley.
                    Drew
                    95yj Six Pack

Comment

I would barely calls those directions

You can hit 247 a number of different ways. Take your pick of I10 or I15 then I can give some more details on how to get to 247.
                      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

those are good directions but more in depth ones are:

take 1-10 east to highway 62

take 62 into yucca valley and turn right on 247(old woman springs road)

20 miles west of yucca valley you will see a sign that says Jhonson Valley ohv area boone road.

turn right and follow the road to the dry lake bed there should be signs as where to go from there

below is a map that might help. it shows the way to means dry lake

http://www.extreme4x4.com/html/annua...nvalleymap.jpg

Comment

that would be a left turn on 247 from 62
                          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                            bucket, maybe a bucket.

Okay a bucket!!!

For those that are coming this weekend!! It will be safe of you to bring your own food!!! The concession guy didn't make it out there Saturday the 11th, but did on the 12th. I will be there again as Judge. If you see a chili pepper red jeep with Marvin on it, that's me!!!

Hogdon, they are always looking for more help there. During the Rock crawling they had only 8 judges for so many events. Saturday I had to judge 2 stages and on Sunday I judged 3 and on Sunday one of our judges sprained his ankle. If you are going to help plan on being there at about 7:30 and look for Heidi, Trey, Bob, or Shon. (Yes, that's spelled correctly)

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
                              I would barely calls those directions

You can hit 247 a number of different ways. Take your pick of I10 or I15 then I can give some more details on how to get to 247.
                              Thanks for helping out Nagal. I will be using the I15 Hwy
                              Drew
                              95yj Six Pack

Comment

Working...
                              X