Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant see how 500 bucks for 2 people could be worth it. After looking at that gig two years ago i said NO WAY ... Probly a bunch of yuppies instead of real off road jeepers anyway......MATT
    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

the jeep jamboree is a great way for new people, and people with little experiance to get coached thru harder runs. It brings with it a support system that is parred by none other. They company that does them is based off the Rubicon, has over a 50 year history of trail rides and even has a side business teaching military groups off road techniques. Going on one of their organized runs can be a experiance not soon forgotten, If you are new you learn a lot as the spotting is great, the teaching is 1st class and if you break, they get you out of there.
      However for the experianced wheeler, this is a slow day waiting for others that are little experianced to be coached thru.
      The jamborees deffinately have a place and porpose.
      I would hope if we decide to sit on top of the middle climb of the John overated Bull trail that we keep in mind that pissing off nubes is counter productive and that we need to judge and show score cards in support, not distain.
      Not only that but many experianced jeepers from other places such as areas without rock climbs will be attending that want to experiance what we find normal. our backyard is our playgound, but doing a swamp run would challenge a rock guy the way these rocks will challenge others.
      That said, last year we sat up there and watched as the jamboree directed everyone thru and as we wee headed west to east and they were going east west we climbed down over a area that had been groomed by their spotters getting many near stock jeep thru. and I had to admit, that what those guys made some unlifted jeeps do was awesome to watch.
      And after that I would say, it is worth the money, I am just to jaded to do it.
      censored for having an opinion

Comment

do yourself a favor,.... keep the 625 bucks
        "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

We've actually done Jeep Jamboree in 1998 after we bought the Jeep and that was when it was stock.

We paid $500 for it, but had a lot of fun. It gave us the know how to learn to drive on the trails. On Saturday, they had women's day behind the wheel and I was the only female still driving at the end of the day.
          1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
          Glad to be back in California!

Comment

I'm DEFINITELY down to cruise up there and watch people on Holcomb and John Bull....

I'm bringing a few guests tho:

How many people we got thinking about this "event?"
            Bryan
            2003 black TJ 4.0 manual
            front-OX-35 rear-OX-44 4.88
            Rock-It Man rear bumper + rock rails, currie front bumper

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
              I would hope if we decide to sit on top of the middle climb of the John overated Bull trail that we keep in mind that pissing off nubes is counter productive and that we need to judge and show score cards in support, not distain.

In all seriousness, I dont think any of us meant that we would really hassle and put down these wheelers as they go through. I wouldnt atleast. I think just being out there watching and supporting these guys and having fun at the same time is what we are all about. I dont think MJR is about showing negative support.

That being said, I am still game to go up there to hang out and watch these guys go through their battles
              Supe
              97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
              Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Bear in mind that you'd have to _walk_ to the middle of the trail (not much of a place to park legally on the trail - and the Jamboree folks will need the available space for jeeps)

No - we don't close off the trails. And I have no official opinion of the Jeep Jamboree
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY
                You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
                  And I have no official opinion of the Jeep Jamboree
                  So whats your unofficial opinion?
                  Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

My unofficial opinion - they stack way too many rocks that they seem to forget to UNstack.

Funny - never was a big issue until the coil spring crowd came along. Not a reflection on the springs themselves (although I always have and probably always will run leaves) - but the mentality of the average JJ "participant" took a major mood swing in 97.
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY
                    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Bear in mind that you'd have to _walk_ to the middle of the trail (not much of a place to park legally on the trail - and the Jamboree folks will need the available space for jeeps)

No - we don't close off the trails. And I have no official opinion of the Jeep Jamboree
                      We could hitch hike the trail.

:smile:
                      Bryan
                      2003 black TJ 4.0 manual
                      front-OX-35 rear-OX-44 4.88
                      Rock-It Man rear bumper + rock rails, currie front bumper

Comment

Funny - never was a big issue until the coil spring crowd came along. Not a reflection on the springs themselves (although I always have and probably always will run leaves) - but the mentality of the average JJ "participant" took a major mood swing in 97.
                        that's because stock TJ's can make it with a bit of stacking, trying to get stock YJs through... that was a waste of time.
                        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

My unofficial opinion - they stack way too many rocks that they seem to forget to UNstack.

I agree about the jeepers stacking rocks, they seem to groom and forget
                          however they are introducubg a lot of guys to wheeling, and a lot of them only wheel with that kind of support. Now if we get more voters friendly to wheeling, is that a bad thing? I see jeeps with jeep Jamboree stickers and I start conversations with them, they usually are interested in fire trails and do harder stuff with the Jamboree. And are jazzed about jeeping. So they jeep once or twice a year, they are still voting jeep friendly.

And I have to agree with the coil springs and stacking, a stock coil jeep needs stacking, a stock leaf spring needs a tow, and the jamboree gets both thru the trails with sucess. That says a lot about the experiance and it's superior teaching and spotting. And unlike some other professional orginazations, they do it without argueing or putting anyone down in public forums. Only offering support and kind words.
                          censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                            that's because stock TJ's can make it with a bit of stacking, trying to get stock YJs through... that was a waste of time.
                            one bad line, and the ridicule never stops.
                            LOL:yay:
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                              one bad line, and the ridicule never stops.
                              LOL:yay:

actually that post and your fun the other weekend were in no way connected. :yay:
                              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Working...
                              X