Clear All

• Borrego Pynion run Dec 17

Will be doing the Pynion in Borrego Dec 17

Meet at the Pynion turn off at 9:00am

Britain
    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
    WEB site

So far, I'm in. Schedule may change cause were still a week and a 1/2 out, but so far looking good.
    1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Comment

Big Maybe for me. Can you provide directions or a map of the meeting point?

edit: Wait, I Dont think I can make it actually. Next time....
      Last edited by TJSUPE; 12-06-05, 09:22 AM.
      Supe
      97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
      Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Wish I could make it...
        -Bob
        '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

pynion is an advanced run i gather, no stockers need apply?
          found some rather rocky pics on the net
          :sad:
          2000 XJ, 108k miles
          33's, RE 4.5", 4.56

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
            Big Maybe for me. Can you provide directions or a map of the meeting point?

edit: Wait, I Dont think I can make it actually. Next time....

TJSUPE,
            Heres a map if you have change of plans. The trail starts about 3 miles south on S2 off 78. " Pynion Mountain"

http://britain.connectnet.com/Photography/Pynion.GIF

PS
            We need to schedule a snow run at Big Bear for later.
            97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
            WEB site

Comment

Is the Pynion Run the trail with "the squeez"? Thats a great trail. And yes, a run with mild snow will be fun.
              Supe
              97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
              Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
                Is the Pynion Run the trail with "the squeez"? Thats a great trail. And yes, a run with mild snow will be fun.

Thats the trail! But the fun starts after the squeez! As Elmer Fud would say "You got to be carefull rabbit"

Stock Jeeps have made the run, but the first 3 feet off heart attack hill is .....
                97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by jeep-noob
                  pynion is an advanced run i gather, no stockers need apply?
                  found some rather rocky pics on the net
                  :sad:
                  Jeep noob,

Stock jeeps do the run. You can expect going through the squeez (if not perfect) some scars. Heart attack hill can either do bad stuff or get the heart pumping. But you can do it. Low air in tires required. Ground clearance well.. again stockers come through. Have you done these type of trails?

After the tough stuff it a nice run, wine and cheese!
                  97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                  WEB site

Comment

Run Fun!!

Looks like a nice run.........Will be in Yuma that weekend.......Maybe next time? Let me know..Thanks, B.J. :sad:

Comment

Originally posted by Britain
                      Jeep noob,

Stock jeeps do the run. You can expect going through the squeez (if not perfect) some scars. Heart attack hill can either do bad stuff or get the heart pumping. But you can do it. Low air in tires required. Ground clearance well.. again stockers come through. Have you done these type of trails?

After the tough stuff it a nice run, wine and cheese!
                      doggone i don't know... My gut feeling is to pass... i don't think I have done as extreme as that is... the toughest i did was at gorman, some of the steep hills there, but they are bumpless... i did some light-to-medium stuff near landers...
                      i have a rusty's t-case skid that cuts alot of clearance out, more than i think it needs to...

I wil prob pass
                      2000 XJ, 108k miles
                      33's, RE 4.5", 4.56

Comment

We are meeting at the S2 78 intersection? Or Where the trail starts on the S2?
                        Locked up fourbanger (Poor Mans Rubicon)

Comment

I'll be able to make it since another run I was going to fell through. Sounds to me like the meet spot was the Pinyon Rd. Trailhead on the S-2.

I just went through the Squeeze a couple of weeks ago for the first time. I was surprised by how easy it was (at least in a TJ). I turned around and went back up it and back out to the S-2. It really is a fun obstacle and there's a geocache there for those of you into that. I didn't continue on to the Dropoff since I hadn't done it before. I'm looking forward to doing that too.

Is the plan to head out of the park to Split Mtn Road/ Ocotillo Wells or to go south to Diablo Dropoff and out to the S-2?

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by skates04
                            We are meeting at the S2 78 intersection? Or Where the trail starts on the S2?
                            Skates04,
                            Trail at S2 will be on CB channel 4
                            97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                            WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by dhsundance
                              I'll be able to make it since another run I was going to fell through. Sounds to me like the meet spot was the Pinyon Rd. Trailhead on the S-2.

I just went through the Squeeze a couple of weeks ago for the first time. I was surprised by how easy it was (at least in a TJ). I turned around and went back up it and back out to the S-2. It really is a fun obstacle and there's a geocache there for those of you into that. I didn't continue on to the Dropoff since I hadn't done it before. I'm looking forward to doing that too.

Is the plan to head out of the park to Split Mtn Road/ Ocotillo Wells or to go south to Diablo Dropoff and out to the S-2?

Dave

We'll head up fish creek after the drop to Diablo. Either out mud caves or Diablo, across S2 up the back way to the tracks and back to S2 either by the BB check point or out by Ocotillo (HWY 8).
                              97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                              WEB site

Comment

Working...
                              X