Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from the 5 freeway get off on the 14 freeway, go to sand canyon and get off, go left or west all the way to sierra Hwy, turn right on Sierra Hwy and go to Vazques canyon road and turn left, follow this road all the way to the end.
    turn right and follow this road all the way up to the top, long drive along a little creek, dont stop to fish or you will waste time and miss the run.
    The road is long and winding, perfect to have the top off and enjoy the sites, rock houses along the way, the smell of the morning air is enough to wake your ass up and get ready for a rocking run up the stinking hill that has ruined and destroyed so many unsuspecting jeepers.

anyway just follow the road all the way to the reservouir and on the left side there is a big parking dirt area, you can't miss it. there will be a green jeep sitting there and a red jeep with stickers all over it.

anyway

5 to the 14
    off on sand canyon, left turn onto sand canyon
    follow to sierra hwy, right turn onto sierra
    sierra to Vazquez (short distance) left on Vazques
    follow to the end, right turn onto bouquet canyon.
    up bouquet to the parking area.
    Kirk
    1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

what? is it about 2 hours? i'm looking for it on mapquest, but cant find it :confused: it doesnt recognize boquet canyon
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
        what? is it about 2 hours? i'm looking for it on mapquest, but cant find it :confused: it doesnt recognize boquet canyon
        erik, i show it as being 1 hr, 18 min from redondo beach. figure a little bit of traffic, and you're a little farther away than I am, so 2 hrs should be more than enough time. my GPS gave the same directions Kirk did, so no complaints there

see everyone in the morning!

Comment

you could also just take the 5 up to the Valencia exit (east) and turn left on Bouquet canyon.
          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

what a great turnout! it was great to see a bunch of new faces and we look forward to seeing you again ... no real problems at all on the trail run - it was a blast! thanks jim and jennifer for having us over to the shop and the bbq was awesome. we're going to check out our photos now - hopefully we took enough to make a gallery page LOL
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

it was indeed a good turn out. it was nice to put some more faces with the internet names it was a great run. even the full sized ford made it up the hill..... impressive
              thank you for the birthday cake, and "party" . that was a real surprise, and a very nice thing for you to do
              your shop looks great, jim... let me know if there is anything i can help you with as far as setting this thing up.
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Good run,good time! Thanks alot Jim and Jen for hosting the BBQ!

Comment

Sorry I missed the run...sounds like you guys had a great time...

Im Happy, however, that I made the BBQ...and finally got to put some faces to some names :p Your shop is AWESOME JIM...I couldnt be happier for you and Jen

A little update on Susans Rubicon...dont roll over and die here.... She was having back spasms on the way home, and attributed it to the Rubicons seats. The next morning she called the dealer, and got them to take it back...They have a satisfaction gauranteed policy on used vehicles. I cant say Im happy about her returning it, however, I am happy that she was able to get her truck back without any problem. I found it very hard to believe that they did it without TOO much hassle. .....sigh

anyway...was great to see you all...Im more then ready to have a Los Coyotes run, and BBQ...Now that its cooled off a bit in the desert...maybe even make a weekend of it, and hit either Ocotillo, Anza or Truck Haven too ...Ive got plenty of room for overnight guests...

Tam
                  2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                  Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

to bad, that was a nice Jeep. Jeep's arn't for everyone though.
                    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Rock'n Good Time!

Patti and I(and Ron, too) would like to thank everyone for the good time we had Jeep'n with y'all. We would especially like to thank those that helped Ron get his POS Ford over the "hill". We are looking foward to go'n on some more treks with y'all. Hope you don't mind the F250 tagg'n along. Anyhow, Patti says we can't go to Calico 'cuz we have a family function to go to, but I'll be keep'n an eye out for the run after that!
                      Tommy T & Patti
                      F250SD Ron

Comment

POS FORD - LMAO!!

He did great, except for a few huge holes in the tires

it was great to meet you guys too and we'll see you soon!

Comment

THE PICS START HERE!!

here's a few teasers:

See the rest of the photos here!

Comment

Thanks for the awsome day guys especially those who helped keep my Jeep on 4 wheels on the hill. Jim the barbeque was great But your still a Jacka$$ Ha Ha
                            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Tazdevil
                              Thanks for the awsome day guys especially those who helped keep my Jeep on 4 wheels on the hill. Jim the barbeque was great But your still a Jacka$$ Ha Ha
                              Brian
                              I know YOU are , but what am I ?

JIM :{> <-------- 3rd Grader !!!!!

I like you better when your medicated !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jim79cj7
                                I know YOU are , but what am I ?

JIM :{> <-------- 3rd Grader !!!!!

I like you better when your medicated !!!!!
                                Um I forgot

:yawn:
                                Last edited by Dukes69; 09-16-03, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X