Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1st Azusa trip

Hi All
    Welp I finally have fixd a bunch of things i messd up last yr @ the Hammers, so I needed a wheelin fix.

Ive heard about Azusa canyon for a while, but heard it was mostly mud (really not my style, i need my big rox) but i figured i'd go check it out. a buddy of mine took a train up from SD to visit, so, we needed somethin to do anyways.

ok, so I go up there, pay my 8 clams, and putter on in.
    Ok, some mellow trails, some mucky stuff, some mud, some whoops and whatnot, cruised around a bit just kinda enjoyin bein out somewhere ive never been.

as we are headin back to leave, i look around a little more carefully, i find a couple small-medium sizd rox to flex out on (my buddy was astonished, he had never been rock crawlin). as we get near the entrance, i notice there is a section just north, that isnt roped off, hmm, looks kinda like a little bit of a mild rock garden, so we putter over there. Not Bad, found a couple decent sized rocks around a tree to create an imaginary trail. Treaded lightly, around the vegetation (wasnt really sure if i was 'supposed' to be in that area, but it WAS on the map as OHV) got nice n twisty, craled around a big ole bush, my buddy was flippin, as expected, he luvd it) crawled back to the trail to leave,,,

as i approached the exit, i looked to the left and saw what 'could' have been a pile of architectural stone stacked up to haul out,,,, or was it???
    We crwal around this pile which I am guessing was maybe 20 yds wide and about 40-50 yds long. it kinda reminded me of a man-made course i saw hauled in once for a comp??? well, as I give this pile the eagle eye, i start to notice tire marks and scratches on rock tips!! what!!! whats this!!!!

wait just one minute! this was put here to crawl!!!!
    welp, i re-locked the hubs, locked the OX and hit 4Lo, was way cool. I crossed it a couple times at different spots. Next time I want to run it end to end.
    Now, was this the Hammers, certainly not. Was it even as hard as I like to usually make a day, no, butr, it was Great for a quick fix.!

Any weekend someone wants to go out there for a quick fix, definately let me know!!!

Later
    Chris
    Tires, Gears, Armor, what else do I need for the Hammers?

I first started wheelin' in the Azusa Canyon area in the mid 70's....boy things have changed. Glad to see you had some fun!

BTW, did you happen to see a guy with an older red F350 with all sorts of junk in the back lying in-wait for folks to get stuck so he could make some $ ?

Comment

yeah, there were a few full sizes out there showin off and winchin out those less prepared souls.

I was a bit extra careful around the muddy stuff, The BFG AT's i recently got would have gotten me deep in trouble in da mud.

I miss my MTRs and Swampers but right price at right time dictated the purchase.

Comment

That sounds like a sweet find!
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
          That sounds like a sweet find!
          hmmph, doesnt really compare to anything out near "Apple Valley" in yer sigline.

Dang! I NEED a Hammers Run!!!

I'M JEALOSE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CB87YJ
            hmmph, doesnt really compare to anything out near "Apple Valley" in yer sigline.

Dang! I NEED a Hammers Run!!!

I'M JEALOSE!!!
            Maybe, but running the same trails all the time can get a little boring too It's nice to come across something new – we'll be setting up a tough run soon, not the hammers, but definitely black diamond.

Comment

Maybe, but running the same trails all the time can get a little boring too It's nice to come across something new – we'll be setting up a tough run soon, not the hammers, but definitely black diamond.
              cool deal!
              I might have to make sure I make that one and finally meet some of you guys and girls. umm, as long as it isnt tooo far. The 2.5 hrs to the Hammers is just about my max time behind the wheel, a freeway cruiser she is definately not. I usually feel all beat up after a ride like that.

and hopefully its pretty soon, I love to camp, but hate the cold. Its the main reason I left NJ. I know, I'm a wimp. Too bad

Comment

Azusa is a blast

I'm going to be there November 13th with JeepAholics not sure what time or where were meeting, your welcome to join us.

Azusa Cyn info http://www.acorausa.com/forum/
                *Pebbles* 02 Sport Canyon Package
                Rockers by JCFabAndDesign.com/XM Commander
                Jeep Owner since '96 87YJ

Comment

I could probably see me up there, keep me posted

Comment

Last time I was at Azusa I had a blast. A couple years back, I was still stock.

My poor stock lil baby!
                    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Where is Black Diamond? Running out of stuff north of the Border down here....though plenty of stuff to the south on the other side.
                      97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                      WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by Britain
                        Where is Black Diamond? Running out of stuff north of the Border down here....though plenty of stuff to the south on the other side.
                        I didn't mean it was a specific trail, but rather that we'll be doing something black diamond rated

Bring your bloody Jeep out here to the desert and let's go wheelin!
                        :gun: :gun: :gun:

hehehe

:hijack:

Comment

I need to test out some mods on my rig before hitting JV in a couple of weeks. I was thinking of heading up there to check it out. Will deffinitly stay away from the mud.
                          ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
                          00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
                          97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Let me know when you go Chris. If I don't wheel the Jeep here pretty soon, I'm going to sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_L
                              I need to test out some mods on my rig before hitting JV in a couple of weeks. I was thinking of heading up there to check it out. Will deffinitly stay away from the mud.
                              Dude, if your lookin to bring a buggy up there, i think youll be extremely bored in 10 minutes.

but, let me know when your goin and I'll go too:dunno:

Comment

Working...
                              X