Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping and Jeeping - Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend

We always go out camping over the holidays. As luck would have it, this year the rest of the family are ALL doing something else so we have the entire vacation to ourselves.

We've stayed at Dove Springs or Jawbone a number of different years, and Gorman a couple when we were riding bikes.

If anyone on the board is interested in some camping and wheeling in the desert let me know. Destination is flexible.

We have at least one other family going, and the more kids the merrier. We're looking for more offroader families that are interested in a group campout.

Originally posted by cjdirtbiker
    We always go out camping over the holidays. As luck would have it, this year the rest of the family are ALL doing something else so we have the entire vacation to ourselves.

We've stayed at Dove Springs or Jawbone a number of different years, and Gorman a couple when we were riding bikes.

If anyone on the board is interested in some camping and wheeling in the desert let me know. Destination is flexible.

We have at least one other family going, and the more kids the merrier. We're looking for more offroader families that are interested in a group campout.
    Let me so some talking , I may be up for joining you if i have extra time off, If all else can meet you guys there as i dont live too far away..
    04TJ, 4.0 5spd
    4" rough country springs
    Nth degree arms upper and lower
    1" Currie MML/BL
    Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
    33"BFG MT's
    Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Originally posted by avnative
      Let me do some talking , I may be up for joining you if i have extra time off, If all else can meet you guys there as i dont live too far away..
      Cool. I'll keep you posted. Final destination is being discussed this week. Couple of families so far. In the end it depends on weather and who all decides to go, but it usually ends up being a pretty good group. There are more camping rigs in the group now.

A bunch of guys will be out that way (Red Rock) for a shootzenfest weekend the 5&6th. Let me know if you like to shoot, you can come up on your day off.

Comment

Originally posted by cjdirtbiker

I kinda see your issue here.

You want to go camping and wheeling, but you don't say where.

You want to go over the holiday, but you don't specify the day of where you will be.

You kinda sideways shut down wheeling in favor of camping out.

So, there's no wheeling, no when and no where and you are wondering why the response is underwhelming?

I remember reading this awhile back and couldn't make heads or tails of what you were doing.

Try it this way. We are going to JV for Thanksgiving. We will be there from the Sunday before T-day to the Sunday after. We will be wheeling the hammers and will try an easier run the morning of T-day with deep fried Turkey for dinner that afternoon.

Come on out and pick and choose your poison.
        I am Savvy.

Comment

Originally posted by mrblaine
          I kinda see your issue here.

You want to go camping and wheeling, but you don't say where.

You want to go over the holiday, but you don't specify the day of where you will be.

You kinda sideways shut down wheeling in favor of camping out.

So, there's no wheeling, no when and no where and you are wondering why the response is underwhelming?

I remember reading this awhile back and couldn't make heads or tails of what you were doing.

Try it this way. We are going to JV for Thanksgiving. We will be there from the Sunday before T-day to the Sunday after. We will be wheeling the hammers and will try an easier run the morning of T-day with deep fried Turkey for dinner that afternoon.

Come on out and pick and choose your poison.
          Hey, thanks for the invite. Soggy dry lake was one of the destinations on our list. But yeah, tried to leave it open so if someone had their druthers they could chime in. As has been mentioned, a lot of folks have family obligations and other activities so it's hard to plan. I'm learning that! But really I'd prefer a seasoned jeeper to lead a run since I'm still a little green and learning. Guess I just need to be more clear.

Our other offroad group mostly rides bikes, I rode with them for the last 6 or 7 years, but I've sold off all my bikes and gotten into the jeep thing (old age, you know ). Some of them are going to Dove Springs/Jawbone/Red Rock so we may end up there. If that's the case we can run Britestar Wilderness trail, Last Chance Canyon, or make a road run out to Trona. I've never seen the Pinnacles and would like to take that in some time. Besides, there's probably some good trails out there too. I'll post next week as plans gel. If they bag we'll come watch you.

I would love to see the Hammers, especially you maniacs running the rocks. If not this time, how 'bout next? I've been invited out there for observed trials riding (trials bikes) but wasn't able to make it. They like the rocks as well as the jeeps. Famous place for sure.

Are your Aussie people from Staun? If so, show them how it's done! I love their products and I know you were part of getting the beadlock product to market.

Off to PVD this morning.

Thanks again,
          Chris Brown

Comment

it's not the staun guys as far as I know, just a guy named matt.

FWIW, not sure I view myself as a maniac but if that's the way you see it... so be it.
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I would love to come but I am heading up to the inlaws house in Placentia, from ElCajon would be interested in a family trip at another time.
              On the 11-19 and 11-20 a couple of us are going to truck haven.

Comment

Working...
              X