Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kennedy meadows labor day

Well met up with chris (cjdirtbiker) and his wife, We ran sherman pass jeep trail and it was just great, Not really hard but the views from atop the mountains and in the trees were just beautiful, Took a lunch break on top of world, elevation approx 9200 ft and could see mount whitney like it was infront of you... Not a real hard trail but a enjoying one..
    Im glad i finally ran into you guys chris, really enjoyed the run with you guys.. will have to do it again..
    04TJ, 4.0 5spd
    4" rough country springs
    Nth degree arms upper and lower
    1" Currie MML/BL
    Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
    33"BFG MT's
    Lock-rite in the front

Great weekend in the Sierra's

We had a fun run with the AVNative and his girlfriend! Glad you made it up there. I kept watching for RobertF but never did see a gray XJ up there!

Sherman Pass Jeep Trail is very scenic. The views from the top of the peak is unsurpassed. BTW, elevation is 9,902’. The vista lookout from the highway is at 9,200’ so our little jeep trip took us up another 700’. The trail coming down to the highway is STEEP! No wonder it was marked with a big sign that said 4 WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLES ONLY. Felt like a 20% grade. Would be a fun trip going up with the rest of the club.

Our trip out to Monache Meadows on Saturday was equally pleasant. The road is quite easy, probably do-able with a 2 wheel drive. The ranger was out there with a 4X2 pickup truck. Anyway, weather was awesome, not too many people out there, and we got some quality fishing in on the So. Fork of the Kern River. Not a lot of catching, but it was fun anyway, especially for my 10 year old son.

Our campsite was one of the best up there, a group area off the access road at Troy Meadows, ringed with towering evergreens. Great company, big fire, and good dinners and cocktails made for a very pleasant weekend.

I have some pics I’ll try and get posted up shortly.

Comment

Sounds great, now just waiting on the pics, hehe :devil:
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Here's a few...

Here's Sherry and Nick (wife and son) on top of Sherman Peak, 9,902', 360 degree view. Mt. Whitney in the back ground. It was cold up there! The sky was such a deep blue, just incredible.

Nick and I getting ready for some fishing on the S. Fork Kern River out at Monache Meadows.

Awesome fly-fishing. Yeah we caught a couple of little ones, threw them back.

Avnative coming up the trail. It's a lot steeper than it looks, but not a problem today...

Heading up to Sherman Peak

The view down to the N. Fork Kern valley from just below Sherman Peak

Part of the trail down to the hiway from Sherman Jeep Trail. Not too hard but very scenic.

Group Camp at KM
        Last edited by cjdirtbiker; 09-10-05, 07:01 AM.

Comment

All broken

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
            All broken
            agreed. :dunno: :wrench:
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

They all worked last night. Isn't yahoo a wonderful thing!!

My album is set for public viewing, so the url should be available. Any ideas?

I re-copied the urls and pasted them via edit in my post. I can see them now, but I wonder if the address gets changed on their server?

Works right now....
              Last edited by cjdirtbiker; 09-09-05, 08:42 AM.

Comment

[Works right now....[/QUOTE]

Still broken:confused2
                01 Tj Sport 4.0 Auto
                4 RE, 1" Bl-MM, 33" with 6" flares and ORF tire carrier
                SYE kit with ARB F/B 4.56

Comment

I only had a few pics but nothing good, plus I still havent figured out how to post pics is why i Havent.. You might say im computer retarded./ LOL LOL
                  04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                  4" rough country springs
                  1" Currie MML/BL
                  33"BFG MT's
                  Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Is your MJR photo gallery full?

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                      Is your MJR photo gallery full?
                      Yes. It's very small.
                      Do they still not display?

Comment

Still not working.
                        Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                        Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Link to online album...

My links to yahoo photos wouldn't work on this forum. So I put them on photobucket, should work fine now.
                          Let me know if you can't view them.

Thanks!!
                          Last edited by cjdirtbiker; 09-10-05, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Oh man I missed out on Sherman peak again! On our way from the coast, the top of Interstate 5 was closed with a fire on both sides at Frazier Park. The wife was already suffering with heyfever, and the smoke did her in, begging me to take her home with a sinus headache. So went my Jeep'n plans.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertF
                              Oh man I missed out on Sherman peak again! On our way from the coast, the top of Interstate 5 was closed with a fire on both sides at Frazier Park. The wife was already suffering with heyfever, and the smoke did her in, begging me to take her home with a sinus headache. So went my Jeep'n plans.
                              Robert, If you ever want to run it in the future Let me know, The views were awesome and I would run that trail again in a heart beat... As of now it would have to be on a sunday as that is my only day off,
                              04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                              4" rough country springs
                              1" Currie MML/BL
                              33"BFG MT's
                              Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Working...
                              X