This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fomocofan302
    Is there a particular channel you guys use? Is there anything special I should bring? Shovel? Axe? How far is the trailhead from fawskin? Oh yeah I guess I'm signing the roll call too..
    we are most often on channel 4.

as far as the trail location.. it is the right before the camp whittle.
    if you hit that camp. turn around and make a left
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

trailer is hooked up, rack is packed, leaving at 5 in the morning
      see yous guysa up there
      censored for having an opinion

Comment

wanted to , gotta work saturday :mad: . May shoot up there on sunday, anything still going on then? You guys staying till monday?
        “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
        -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Oh hey forgot to ask...how hard are the trails? I'm not locked nor armored...just 4" on 33's...will I be good?

Comment

Originally posted by fomocofan302
            Oh hey forgot to ask...how hard are the trails? I'm not locked nor armored...just 4" on 33's...will I be good?
            depends on what we do but you should be alright.

if we're gonna hit something difficult you'll have the option to ride shotgun.

:cactus: .
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

4 inches on 33s will clear most stuff up there, armor is needed on a few and a locker makes it nice, but you should be able to do a lot

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
                wanted to , gotta work saturday :mad: . May shoot up there on sunday, anything still going on then? You guys staying till monday?
                come up Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
                  come up Sunday
                  Cool, save Holcomb creek for sunday

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
                    Cool, save Holcomb creek for sunday
                    Just walked in the door (note times) since last post. My wife got some last minute tickets to see John Williams(star wars, jaws) at the Hollywood bowl and I have'nt even got the jeep ready . Cant make it, was'nt prepared. Next time.

Comment

Wow......we had quite a few events happen yesterday up there. I am sure more people will chime in. We got some good work done on the trail placing and loosing some rocks, some break downs on the trail that were repaired very quickly. Then if that wasnt enough excitement for the day, Rick wanted to play turtle and roll down the mtn on Holcomb Creek. Thank God that Rick, Sarah and Jill were ok. We had all the right people and equipment to pull the Jeep out that took several hours. After that she started right up and made it back to camp. I think Dillon the newbie really got broke in and got a bit of taste of eveything that can happen.

Well had a great time as always....good to meet alot of you. Next time

JJ

Comment

Heh, yeah that was quite a trip..
                        I tell you what you guys are just about the friendliest, most accomodating, level headed group I've come across. Anyway I had an awesome time, thanks for letting me tag along and everything you guys are the greatest!

Comment

OK I will chime in
                          Dad and Mom, (BlackZZR and Padres Mate) got us up there by 7 in the morning and we sat around and joked and explored trees and sniffed a few wild animal excreements untill it was time to go meet everyone.
                          We amassed a good group, Nailer and friend Jeremy,Tido and crew, Rick and Sarah, Baja Sixer and Missy, Fryman, Fomocofan, Black TJ, Of course Dukes and JeepGal were already there, If I missed anyone just chime in.
                          and we all went back to the campsite- AAT. Zowie, Jill dog,that Huge LLab of Frymans were with me and Babs representing the Jeep dog crew.
                          anyway we went and messed around at the end of on of our trails. hey Eric, koodles for the rock sled, we could not have moved so many rocks without your engineering it, 2 paws up. by 2:30 we had got back to camp and were feed watered siked and wanting to take Dillon (fomocofan) down Holcomb creek. so we set off on a 3 hour cruise.
                          Now before everyone gets this, DIllon, on 33s and open diffs, listened to all advice, watched his spotters and made a cake walk of the trail, good going.
                          the crossing and hill climb let us all choose differnt climbs and the first third of the trail was nice, then DAD embarrased me by getting crosswise on the easiest rock pile on the trail and had to winch out, BAD DAD.
                          well we proceed a while and had a small repair, Rics Jeep lost a body bolt so we tighten up every other one, replaced the bad one and went for the super fun middle rock garden. Nailer proved he carries spares by blowing a hub and repairing it in record time. and we started the golf game.
                          Once again, rock experiance won over testostorone, Tammy walked right through it while the rest of us got points for having to back up or use spotters. Okay I will give dad a break, he was running the trail on 31s, but doggy dodo, I like to be in a winning jeep everyonece in a while, why Zowie was just gloating at all us jeep dogs.
                          starting off and running a while when we hit a offcamber part of the trail and our lead jeep, Rick, Sarah, And Jill Dog, got airborne and slide down a ravine. first we checked, everyone was ok, then we cleaned up the debris. next we sat everyone down to check them again while others planned out the recovery, we soon found out that by removeing the windsheild so we could clear a tree, and doing multible winches we would be able to recover the jeep. TIme was all it would take.
                          Talk about a team, everyone pulled together, Tido got to mving dirt and rocks, a crew got to setting up winch pulls, another used muscle to pull on a stablizing strap, Eric set his jeep around in different areas to winch, and we slowly got the jeep on trail, running, in one piece and ready to run out of there on its own power. but by now it was dark and we had close to have 1/2 the trail to go. SO combining our day and night runs our jeeps all hooked up and did a run to the end rock garden to get out, dark, of camber and rocky, by this time we were on a mission to get to camp so we just did what it took and everyone would be proud of how we made the last long rock garden look like a pepple pit.
                          Several had to go back home so we all reconnected our discos and said goodbys. It had been a long day, we were tired, some were limping, and beers were needed.
                          At camp we lied joked had a beer or two and feel asleep.

I think the best thing about the trip is the way the group came together and resolved everything thrown at it never complaining and having a sense of humor at the end.
                          this site rocks
                          Last edited by JeepGal; 09-04-05, 08:06 PM.
                          Have Smackos, will travel

Comment

closed

for the trail report, please see:
                            http://myjeeprocks.com/forums/showth...6155#post46155
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
                            X