Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tucson Area Oct 07-09

[roll]236[/roll]

How about some wheelin in Arizona? Trails are 3 - 4.5: scenic to crazy.

Campground is in a great location at the foot of the Catalina Mountains.

Here's the scoop:

The Tucson Roughriders, Inc., is proud to announce our Twelfth Annual Trail Dust Days.

Friday, October 7 through Sunday, October 9, 2005

Runs * Raffle * Poker Run * Camping * Brain-buster Trivia * Games

Raffle Grand Prize: Winch Donated by Crossed Up! Off road

Join us for a weekend of 4-WD fun and games at Catalina State Park, in Tucson, AZ. There will be day and night runs on Friday, several day runs on Saturday, a catered dinner Saturday evening, a poker rally Saturday night and a raffle Sunday morning. Space is limited on the difficult runs and are filled first-come, first-served, so arrive early! Registration opens at 5pm Thursday (10/6). Vehicles must be prepared with safety as well as the off-pavement equipment required for each run.
    Please proceed to Vehicle Tech. Inspection after registering. Vehicle suitability is at the discretion of the trip leader. We will be camping in the Group Use area at the park. There is room for motor homes, trailers and tents. The park currently charges a $12/night camping fee or a $6/day day use fee. Several motels are located within five miles of the park. This event is sanctioned by the Arizona State Association of Four Wheel Drive Clubs.
    Last edited by sarah; 09-16-05, 11:35 AM.
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Sounds like fun.
    Rubicons rule Hummers drool, Suzukis are cool too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubiconman
      Sounds like fun.
      For more info and a registration form go to tucsonroughriders.com

See you there :yay:

Comment

Things are looking up.....I might be able to make it. Assuming of course that I am not working overtime to pay for the $3000 worth of damage to the truck from last weekend.
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
          Assuming of course that I am not working overtime to pay for the $3000 worth of damage to the truck from last weekend.
          care to elaborate???:yay:
          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
            care to elaborate???:yay:
            yeah, what the heck did you do??
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I was heading up to Superior (east of phoenix) to meet a group running one of the trails up there. Just north of Tucson, the tread separated from the left rear tire of the noisy bastard.....at 75mph, with the jeep and trailer in tow......of course the tread smacked the side of the bed, destroying it, before it wrapped around the axle and killed my ABS....pretty much scaring the crap out of me (and the cop behind me) in the process. This of course led to me being ~45minutes late for the meeting.....with no ones cell phone number....so they left without me. Naturally, I didn't know where the trail was, so I never found them. Instead, I found another trail that I have never ran...and won't run again because it is BORING, and the entire area had been burned, so there wasn't even any scenic value out of it. Quite possibly the worst day of 'wheeling I have ever had (and certainly the most expensive). So now, I have to sneak in as much overtime as possible to get the side of the truck fixed.....

KG6OWO

Comment

Sarah, superior is where that weird movie with J Lo and the red mustang was supposed to be located.

sorry to hear about the truck.
                myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
                  Things are looking up.....I might be able to make it. Assuming of course that I am not working overtime to pay for the $3000 worth of damage to the truck from last weekend.
                  Cool, let me know what runs you plan to do, so I can avoid them

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                    Sarah, superior is where that weird movie with J Lo and the red mustang was supposed to be located.

sorry to hear about the truck.
                    oooooh!!

Goodtimes, that sucks! Sorry to hear about that.
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by aston
                      Cool, let me know what runs you plan to do, so I can avoid them
                      I plan to do them ALL! So you may as well stay at home.:bart:

KG6OWO

Comment

Comment

mmmmmmm... catered dinner
                          Bryan
                          2003 black TJ 4.0 manual
                          front-OX-35 rear-OX-44 4.88
                          Rock-It Man rear bumper + rock rails, currie front bumper

Comment

Working...
                          X