Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm j must finished fixing it al up. Now I roll it. 360 Deg
    thought it was going again, you never saw anyone unbuckle and go thru a window so fast. all is back to gether SAt and we move on in the morning to Fairplay, Southpark,Co . Guy did a good job putting it back to gether, Kieth at Moab 4X4. Tracks well, just not so pretty anymore.Got the glass put in ,no bent body so off we go to Mass.

Comment

We made it to groten mass, 20 miles north of boston. My bell housing is cracked and my tcase/tranny is leaking gear oil. My jeep wont stay in gear so we had to tow it behind the unlimited from chicago to mass. In nebraska it would just pop out of 2wd high then when we messed around with a crowbar we got it in 2wd high. Then when it popped out in illinios the linkage fell apart when I tried to shift into 2wd high. But before it fell apart i would shift into the 4wd high postion and it wouold give me 4low gearing. Same thing when I shifted into 2wd high. Does anyone have any ideas to what is going on?

Comment

Detents/detent balls wasted in the tcase? So you have the tcase shift linkage completely disassembled then? You should be able to shift it from underneath with a screwdriver. Just push the appropriate shift rod into gear (I'm not sure which is which sitting here in front of the puter). You might even be able to use some mechanics wire (or substitute) through the shift rod wrapped around the tcase to hold it in gear.
        1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
        My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Working...
        X