Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rowher Flats test run Sun. 6/8

Sorry for the last minute post but it looks like I'll be going up there to test out the new stuff with my oldest daughter who wants to drive it too. I'm hoping to meet up with at least 1 other if anyone's interested. Not an entire day maybe just 3 or 4 hours at the most, there's only a few trails but they can be fun.
    BTW I heard Miller's open, I just don't have that much time on Sunday ;(

B&T TJ

dang. i have to work @ 345. just got my RE 2.5" lift on, and wanted to test out some flex. i guess if you wanted to wake up early enough we could make it work out. i wanna try miller out too sometime this summer. we'll have to plan a day (a monday would be great for me, but i know not for anybody else).
    1978 CJ7, 304 V8, T-150, locked AMC 20 with Superior Axles, Warn M8000, RE 2.5" lift, 31"BFG mudterrains, Naked and dirty 7 months of the year! Cant wait to get more!

Comment

Hey Jermy how the Jeep running, you've been doing some work on it. I'm not sure how far of a drive it is for you but I'd like to be home before 3:00. It's about a 30-40 minute drive for me to the 14 fwy and Sand Canyon off ramp, I was planning on getting there around 8:00-8:30am.

Mondays not good for me but yeah Miller soon. Are Saturdays better for you? I'd like to run it maybe as early as next week.

Tom

Comment

if your just goin for a few hours im down to come, my friend might bring his blazer.
        ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
        |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
        ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
        Locked and Ready

Comment

I called the ranger station saturday to see if it was open yet - looks like the trail is closed - there are no signs up anymore but there were a few weeks ago - most of the roads in the forest are closed right now and have been for a month or so- some of the locked gates on bouquet have been open for a day or so and the shut and locked again. I saw two jeeps going up last weekend but a ranger in a plain car had walked up to them- don't know what was said or if they continued.

They had the entrance closed with a wire fence that has been opened up- and the fire road access were posted road closed. I think someone took the signs down.

All the other roads in the area say closed-

When I called the girl told me most of the roads were closed but did not say if this was closed for sure- just that she thought it was.

661-296-9710 is the number for the blm - I think

I'd be up for it if it is open.
          Kirk
          1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

yes hes talking about the back side, buque canyon its been cloed for the alst 4 months, but lookout and the rowher trail is still open, when you get to the top you have to go back down, you cant contine to boquet
            ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
            |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
            ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
            Locked and Ready

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
              Hey Jermy how the Jeep running, you've been doing some work on it. I'm not sure how far of a drive it is for you but I'd like to be home before 3:00. It's about a 30-40 minute drive for me to the 14 fwy and Sand Canyon off ramp, I was planning on getting there around 8:00-8:30am.

Mondays not good for me but yeah Miller soon. Are Saturdays better for you? I'd like to run it maybe as early as next week.

Tom

Jeeps running good. Got the new water pump in so the fan is centered and doesn't wabble like it was that caused the old one to break. ill let you know if i can make it or not by friday evening. i'd have to leave just a bit earlier, as i have to b home by 3 at the latest, and takes me a little over an hour to get to the sand canyon off ramp. (i think about that, only been there once). I am a server @ a restaurant so i work weekend nights, and they're hard to get off, thats y during the week is better. i cant get another weekend off for a couple months since i just took the last 2 off.
              1978 CJ7, 304 V8, T-150, locked AMC 20 with Superior Axles, Warn M8000, RE 2.5" lift, 31"BFG mudterrains, Naked and dirty 7 months of the year! Cant wait to get more!

Comment

Originally posted by Cetrov
                I called the ranger station saturday to see if it was open yet - looks like the trail is closed - there are no signs up anymore but there were a few weeks ago - most of the roads in the forest are closed right now and have been for a month or so- some of the locked gates on bouquet have been open for a day or so and the shut and locked again. I saw two jeeps going up last weekend but a ranger in a plain car had walked up to them- don't know what was said or if they continued.

They had the entrance closed with a wire fence that has been opened up- and the fire road access were posted road closed. I think someone took the signs down.

All the other roads in the area say closed-

When I called the girl told me most of the roads were closed but did not say if this was closed for sure- just that she thought it was.

661-296-9710 is the number for the blm - I think

I'd be up for it if it is open.
                Thanks for the info. and checking. I was going to goto the Bouquet entrance, can't say I remember a fence or a gate being there at trail head, there's one at the bypass entrance. I'll probably enter at Sierra Hwy and call that number, to bad that's a nice climb up the rocks.

Thank, B&T TJ

Comment

I just got off the phone w/the forest service in the Rowher Flats area and the only road closed they're aware of on Bouquet Cyn is the Texas cyn forest road, none of the trails are closed since they really haven't looked at them, low priority she said. But she also recommended being carefull since they haven't been there to check the trails, there's alot of damage in the area since all the storms.
                  Thanks for the heads up Kirk, definetly worth the call but I think we'll enter off Sierra Hwy anyway and head to the back side just in case the trail head is too messed up off Bouquet.

Tom

Comment

So meet at the staging area at the main entrance at what time?
                    92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

Originally posted by paultyler
                      So meet at the staging area at the main entrance at what time?
                      How's 9am work? Send me a PM w/contact info., cell # and I'll reply w/mine. Have you been there since all the rain? Is the trail head off Bouquet open?

Tom

Comment

yea i have been there, i would say meet at staging area 1 around 9 sounds good. It will be nice, i think we should run rowher up and lookout back down.
                        ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
                        |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
                        ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
                        Locked and Ready

Comment

Saturday or Sunday?
                          Kirk
                          1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Originally posted by assyrianplyr127
                            yea i have been there, i would say meet at staging area 1 around 9 sounds good. It will be nice, i think we should run rowher up and lookout back down.
                            Sunday, sounds like a plan. Lookout? Well if Paul goes I'll follow. It's pretty steep, pucker time for me. Personally, I'd rather go up the steep stuff then down but I'm following on that one, it's a cool trail.

B&T TJ

Comment

its all your chioice man i have ran both ways, so whatever you wanna do im down. the only reason i say go up rowher is beacuse its a bit longer and more fun to get to the top, lookout is pretty quick, about a 2 mile trail were rowher is 5 miles, all up to you man
                              Last edited by assyrianplyr127; 06-03-05, 11:09 PM.
                              ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
                              |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
                              ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
                              Locked and Ready

Comment

Working...
                              X