Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJR Moab 5/2005

Fins & Things 5/23/2005

Met up with old friends, fixed some mild carnage, and made new friends too!

Dukes69 Edit: I had it fix the pic placement, it was driving me nuts.
    Last edited by Dukes69; 05-24-05, 09:31 PM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Thanks for postin' Ted. Looks like great times. :yay:

Your Killin' me Chris!!!

what was I doing.... oh yes, I thik I can fit a bit more in this box...
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
      Thanks for postin' Ted. Looks like great times. :yay:

Your Killin' me Chris!!!

what was I doing.... oh yes, I thik I can fit a bit more in this box...
      Yeah....you know it!!

Well *someone* had to take over in your absense. I am trying really hard but I have only done 2 U turns so far and I forget to tell people to hurry up when they are fart arsing around. But I did get stuck today and held everyone up for ages, you would have been proud of that.

Oh yeah, the two hot chicks - they wanted me :censor: :zip:
      "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

We did Hells Gate today...we didn't have as much fun as this but we had a few interesting moments.

http://www.toysbytroy.com/Page_Video.htm
        "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Originally posted by aston
          Yeah....you know it!!

Well *someone* had to take over in your absense. I am trying really hard but I have only done 2 U turns so far and I forget to tell people to hurry up when they are fart arsing around. But I did get stuck today and held everyone up for ages, you would have been proud of that.

Oh yeah, the two hot chicks - they wanted me :censor: :zip:
          sounds like your doing a fine job. keep up the good work.

I wish I could have made it out...
          myJeeprocks.com

Comment

I envy you chris.......nice pictures looks like it was a blast!

Comment

good pics !

Comment

... surfing from the parking lot at the city market ...

Just wanted to say, the new trail leader ROCKS, except for when he gets grumpy before lunch. Definitely missing some old faces that should've been here but no worries ... we are having extra fun to cover for you
                03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

5/24/2005 Hell's Revenge

Well, Hell's Revenge lived up to it's reputation as a fun and challenging run. We got off to an early start and the trail took very little time getting to business. The trail is nearly all on steep slickrock often off-camber.

Hell's Gate was quite fun, although it took a while to figure out how to get to the base of the obstacle. Thanks to Seapahn for his excellent spotting skills, though I must admit I was somewhat incredulous when he told me to BACK up a few feet while I was carrying a tire into an imminent backflip. Video to follow.

Found all kinds of souvenirs at the bases of Hells Gate, Black Hole, and other obstacles, particles of safety glass, taillight lenses, U-joint C-clips, MIG wire trimmings, other unidentifiable motor vehicle parts.

Winch got a little use as Tito forgot to put in enough gasoline for the fuel pickup on Hell's Gate. Very bad place to run out of fuel. Odd thing is that Tito thought the ending would be different on Tip-Over Challenge and ended up doing the same thing. After giving him a gentle 20 yard tug, I convinced Tito that the gasoline in the Jerry cans should be INSIDE the FUEL tank.

Also, Tito's nephew, Chris, needed a little winching on Hell's Gate as the throttle was either stalling or wide-open and showing just a little too much undercarriage.

Retired to Tito's Slickrock campground site and carefully treated our low serum beer levels. Over a couple of MGD's, we pondered how to turn Tito's radiator into an onboard shower. Later that evening had dinner at Moab Brewery (beer very good, but food only fair) and found out that Tito's clutch was no-workey. Much fun ensued at the thought of tearing open Tito's bellhousing to get at the slave cylinder.

Last edited by jmbrowning; 05-25-05, 03:24 PM. Reason: Didn't want to drive Chris nuts with picture placement ;)
                  2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

very nice stuff ted, that trail can be kinda scary at times.

good times abound, I like it. :yay:
                    myJeeprocks.com

Comment

did I hear something about a night run?!?!? :yay:
                      myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                        did I hear something about a night run?!?!? :yay:
                        I heard the same! Hope its not 'Tater salad hill!
                        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Looks like a blast! Keep the pics coming!

Michael
                          1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
                          3" Rough Country Lift

Comment

Looks like you guys are having a great time! Make sure to have some extra fun for me!

I am so jealous! I wish I could be down there!

Comment

Not much of a night run really. Just fooling around on the exit of Hell's Revenge before today's run...whatever it is. Found out that Rick's rig didn't have any major problems except that he upgraded his bumpstops to the Rancho 5000 model since he moved the mount points higher on the axle.

Looks like new shock towers and Fox shocks are in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                              X