This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Canyon/BC109 Sunday May 8

Anyone interested in going to BC109 (also called Dry Canyon) this Sunday is welcome to join me and a friend of mine. BC109 is located about 20 miles up Lockwood Valley Road from Flying Js off the 5 Freeway.

It is basically a river bed with lots of rocks and several narrow washes that we can follow back into the mountain.
    Last edited by paultyler; 05-04-05, 08:57 PM.
    92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

I would love to go... buy my wife would kill me since isn't that Mother's day?
    Scott Poliseno
    www.4x4garage.com

The trouble with political jokes is that very often they get elected.

Comment

Originally posted by 4x4garage
      I would love to go... buy my wife would kill me since isn't that Mother's day?
      Dang!!! Glasd to know im not the only one that would be dead if i went, But I sure would love to go!!! and its not very far from my house either!!! :angry: :censor:
      04TJ, 4.0 5spd
      4" rough country springs
      Nth degree arms upper and lower
      1" Currie MML/BL
      Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
      33"BFG MT's
      Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Fortunately, my wife is out of town so I can take the kids with no issues.
        92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

This would make 3 weekends in a row that I can wheel! Its a good idea, with bad timing for me. It is Mum's day after all!
          Now if you had mentioned wheeling on Saturday---that would be a differant subject.
          4:1 ratio racing

Comment

I'm interested in going. Whats the terrain like? Is it like Miller jeep trail?

Comment

Originally posted by CJBrian
              I'm interested in going. Whats the terrain like? Is it like Miller jeep trail?
              Yeah, that's a fair comparison.

Comment

How technical? I heard theres still 6-8 foot of snow on the top of miller.

Comment

No there is no snow at all where we are going. There are always bypasses. It is a riverbed with lots of rocks (which you can avoid if you want to) and lots of narrow passes and washes. It is a lot of fun.

Comment

Count me in. Just got to get back to OC for Mothers day dinner

85 CJ7
                    33 Xterrains
                    4" lift
                    Detroit rear Powerloc front 4.10 gears
                    CO2
                    9500lb winch
                    258 mopar mpi

Comment

Wow, well, I have 2 obstacles. #1- Mamahead would kill me, period. #2- I'm in the middle of moving and we have to be done by sunday. Sorry, wish I could join you bro.
                      “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                      -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
                        Wow, well, I have 2 obstacles. #1- Mamahead would kill me, period. #2- I'm in the middle of moving and we have to be done by sunday. Sorry, wish I could join you bro.
                        Next time pablohead.

Comment

Originally posted by CJBrian
                          Count me in. Just got to get back to OC for Mothers day dinner

85 CJ7
                          33 Xterrains
                          4" lift
                          Detroit rear Powerloc front 4.10 gears
                          CO2
                          9500lb winch
                          258 mopar mpi

I assume you are coming up the 5, so lets meet at the McDonalds at Lake Hughes exit at 8:30. That is just past Magic Mountain on the 5. I will be there with one other jeep, plus you and anyone else who wants to join us. We will leave McDonalds no later than 8:40. My cell phone is 805-889-9000. See you then. CB Channel 4.

Paul
                          Last edited by paultyler; 05-06-05, 11:39 AM.

Comment

I'll be there at 8:30. Look for an all black CJ7.

Comment

Paul, I'm in. With the recent rains the place should be turned upside down. I'm excited to see what it looks like. See you at Micky D's as planned on Sunday morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X