Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paultyler
    OK, here is the plan. Let's meet at the Lake Hughes Exit McDonalds at 8:30 a.m. This will be tomorrow (Saturday 3-12-05). This is on the 5 freeway just past where the 126 meets the 5. From there we will decide whether to go all the way to BC109 or just go to Hungry Valley. We will plan to drive off no later than 8:45 from McDonalds.

My friend with the trailer had to back out so BC109 is back on the board if everyone is interested (it would be my first choice).

Please post if you are coming. I will be bringing one other Jeep.

My cell is 805-889-9000 and my CB will be on channel 4.
    Cool. I'm there.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by skeletor
      Hey you guys have room for one more Jeep? will 32's & open Dif have any trouble out there?

thanks!
      Join us. You'll be fine. One of the other Jeeps coming has 31s and is open as well. There are always bypasses if you need them where we are going.
      92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

awesome! see you guys tomorrow!

Comment

awesome! see you guys tomorrow!
          Skeletor:

Do I understand that you have the new Willys edition TJ? Military green?
          92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

Originally posted by paultyler
            Skeletor:

Do I understand that you have the new Willys edition TJ? Military green?
            Yep! Military green with camo seats... I'll bring it out tomorrow

Comment

Yep! Military green with camo seats... I'll bring it out tomorrow
              That's awesome. My friend who is coming along has the same jeep.

Comment

Can I change the name of this thread for you guys? What should it say?
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                  Can I change the name of this thread for you guys? What should it say?
                  Nah, but you can move it.
                  Heres some shots from today. Sorry my camera was set up wrong so pic quality is wacked. P.S. Had to do Rowher because everything was closed.

Comment

Sweet pics!! Looks like it was a perfect day.
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I see Paul T was up to his usual thang, "I can do this, now follow me". Did you guys do the Lookout Trail? How Rowher after the rains?

B&T TJ

(still at work guys)

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
                        I see Paul T was up to his usual thang, "I can do this, now follow me". Did you guys do the Lookout Trail? How Rowher after the rains?

B&T TJ

(still at work guys)
                        We did the first 2 or three tough spots on lookout but some of the guys were open and having a hard time so we turned around and came up the main way. It was fun . Paul and I climbed over that stack of sharp rocks at the top of the mountain. Nearly ripped up some tars. We found a 99 Chevy pick up that had been rolled and abondoned. It had been stripped down pretty good but I was ready to break out some tools and take off the 14 bolt still sitting on it.

Comment

The 14 bolt would have been a nice acquisition, but a little hard to bring back home on a YJ!
                          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                          2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
                            We did the first 2 or three tough spots on lookout but some of the guys were open and having a hard time so we turned around and came up the main way.
                            That's a narley trail for the area. Not many will attempt it since it very steep.

B&T TJ

(still at work, 14+ hours and no sign of going home, this job sucks!)

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
                              That's a narley trail for the area. Not many will attempt it since it very steep.
                              depends tom, afew years ago it was pretty steep and rutted, then they smoothed it out, made it way easy. not sure what shape it's in now.
                              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Working...
                              X