Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson Valley Cleanup

Here is a link to photos from Primedia's Cleanup Day. Turnout was less than expected and I hope that will change for the next one.

http://www.gotgroceries.net/Primedia...nup/index.html
    88 XJ Wagoneer/06 Frontier NISMO KC
    "Got Groceries ?"

Cool pics, looks like some of ya got into the mud
    Was there alot to clean up? How did it go?
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
      Cool pics, looks like some of ya got into the mud
      Was there alot to clean up? How did it go?
      I wasn't able to go but Marisha did and here is what she had to say about it. I will make the next one and see how many I can get to join us. Unfortunately there is a lot of crap spread all over that area which is large.

"You guys missed a great day! It was a little windy about noon, but other than that, perfect! Not a drop of rain to be found (The 15 is another story all together).

We started at 7am and lost all our juice about 3pm, so we played for a while, ate dinner, had a raffle and went home. We (all those there) filled up two big dumpsters, the HUGE ones that go on the back of a truck, plus another one could have been fulled witht he junk we left stacked up. There were 9 (I think) cars towed in from various places, we found a shopping cart, someone else brought back a couch, and who knows what else.

The turn out was OK, I would guess 50 people showed, but the organizer said she was planning on 200. Anyway, I have a few pics, but I have to get them up frist, so I'll show you all what went on as soon as I can.

-Marisha"
      88 XJ Wagoneer/06 Frontier NISMO KC
      "Got Groceries ?"

Comment

well, I'm glad someone I know made it out. Thanks for your effort Marisha.

I guess I'll have to make a point of it next time.
        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

It was actually a good time. There were three of us from NAXJA who caravaned up there, then we all piled into one jeep and off we went. We elected the guy with a roof rack to haul all the junk around. Later we took two jeeps so we could get more on one trip. By noon those two trailers were full, so that's why there was a bunch of junk piled up on the side. And not a drop of rain! (the 15 was a whole other story though).

But there was a payment for the good deeds... I was so sore the next day! I could hardly move. Ugh, I felt so old!

-Marisha
          [COLOR=Indigo]2000 Silver XJ
          It's not what your drive, it's how you drive it[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by wolfheartak
            I could hardly move. Ugh, I felt so old!

-Marisha
            Must be hanging out with that scooter ridin' jeep mechanic doing that to you.
            I am Savvy.

Comment

Yeah, he's a bad influence...

-Marisha
              [COLOR=Indigo]2000 Silver XJ
              It's not what your drive, it's how you drive it[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
              X