This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bear, CA Dec 31st or Jan 1st

Weather forecast is for Big Bear to get fresh snow this week. Anyone up for playing in it either Friday or Sat? I'm looking at starting at 3N14 and seeing what the conditions are and going from there. So far there's two of us.
    Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

i would love to go but i dunno if my xj is ready for some on the trails in big bear.... since i only have a front recovery point but no rear i dunno if that will be a problem

Comment

We're not planning on anything hardcore. I'm locked front and rear, but the other person going so far is open, running on 31's. More the merrier! We were up there after the crazy snow storm on Thanksgiving weekend and it was great.

Comment

If I did this right, here's the weather forecast:

Comment

barstow rocks just thought i would say so, wish i could get out there would love to visit big bear in my jeep last time i was up there i was in a mustang and slid off the road coming down hill that dang road flip flops on itself add a little snow a mustang with bald tires and a heavy foot and we all geuse where that goes.
          im lovin it

2004 wrangler se
          4 inch rough country lift
          35x12.5LT16's
          super budget 3 inch body lift

Comment

how about skiing?

[weather]92315[/weather]

^^^ If you are familiar with UBB codes, use the weather tag, [ weather ], and smack in the zip.
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

or maybe skiing and offroading

Comment

I was trying, and may still be going, the following weekend, But a day trip may sound good. Probably better the 1st so far.
                Supe
                97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
                Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

a day trip to big bear does sound like fun. how much snow is on the trails?
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                  ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                    how about skiing?

[weather]92315[/weather]

^^^ If you are familiar with UBB codes, use the weather tag, [ weather ], and smack in the zip.
                    I've been skiing 3 times already. I have a season pass at Sierra Summit, it's already paid for istself. I'm off all week so I'll probably go a couple more times this week.
                    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Too bad that's over 300 miles away, it looks like a sweet mountain!
                      We have been talking about hitting Mammoth this year.
                      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

sniff/sniff :sad:

I'm working the weekend again.

Stop by the cement plant at the bottom of Big Bear on Hwy18 just before the curves. The one with the big brown domes.

Experance some good old control Room Coffee :cup: .

I'm on 5am to 5pm this weekend. Stop at the gate and ask for Dan.
                        [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
                        In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

SKIING?! That requires more effort than just moving my foot from the brake to the gas. Unless of course, I get stuck and have to dig myself out. Which happens more than I wish to admit. Looks like there will be lots of fresh white stuff. (Supe, how's the homework coming?)

It's supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow, so I'm thinking there's probably going to be at least 4 inches or so new snow? Fun, fun, fun.

Dan, do you work at OMYA?

Jeri Lyn
                          Last edited by Jeri Lyn; 12-28-04, 07:39 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

Vacation from school for two weeks. 1 A and 2 B's in my classes this session.

Hope I can get up there. I was just watching the news tonight and the storm seems to be going through the weekend. We will see......
                            Last edited by TJSUPE; 12-29-04, 03:50 PM.
                            Supe
                            97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
                            Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Hey Jeri Lyn, two of us will be up there on Friday if you want to get together. I have this posted on another board (one nailer is familiar with). We are tentatively planning on meeting in Arrowbear or Fawnskin. Arrowbear was thrown out because of the amount of snow they have received in the last couple of days. If there's three feet of new snow in Fawnskin we will be hard pressed to go very far. We could turn on the Green Valley road and head over to Crab Flats campground. From there work our way up to Fawnskin from the backside, slowly climbing in elevation. Just a thought. Let me know.
                              [COLOR=Red] '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4" Superlift, 33x12.50 MT/R's, Detriot Locker, Warn 9000XDI, York Air, SYE, Belly Up...[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X