This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrimJeeper
    Hey Jeri Lyn, two of us will be up there on Friday if you want to get together. I have this posted on another board (one nailer is familiar with). We are tentatively planning on meeting in Arrowbear or Fawnskin. Arrowbear was thrown out because of the amount of snow they have received in the last couple of days. If there's three feet of new snow in Fawnskin we will be hard pressed to go very far. We could turn on the Green Valley road and head over to Crab Flats campground. From there work our way up to Fawnskin from the backside, slowly climbing in elevation. Just a thought. Let me know.
    I was about to post on Socaljeeps to let you guys know that we would be going up on Sat. Looks like you beat me to it
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Hey GrimReaper
      When on Friday are you planning on hitting the trails? Two days of trail riding would be great. I'm definitely hitting the mountain on Sat., so far it's TJSupe, myself and one other person. So adding Friday sounds great. For Friday, when and where do you want to meet? I'm happy to follow, I have a tendency to be directionally-challenged. :confused2

Jeri Lyn
      Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

It looks like I will be free Friday for sure, and maybe Sat. I would love to meet up with you all on Friday. I don't know my way around Big Bear to well, so a high profile meeting place and directions and time would be great.
        1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Comment

How about we meet at the firestation at the beginning of 3N14 right in Fawnskin, on Friday? That's a pretty well known spot and easy to find.

Right now, it's forecasted to snow in the afternoon in Big Bear on Friday. Hee hee hee
          Jeri Lyn

Comment

I'm meeting the other rig in Arrowbear (gas station just east of ranger station) at 9 am. We are most likely going to go to Fawnskin from there. It looks like it's going to be slow going because of the road conditions so I would expect to get to Fawnskin by 9:45 or so. We will be on channel 1. Watch out for a red YJ and a metalic green Rubi.

Which way are you coming up the mountain? We can meet in Arrowbear or Fawnskin, it doesn't matter. I will be coming from Arrowhead and the Rubi from the LA basin.

SAM: The firestation in Fawnskin that Jeri refers to is right next to a large traffic triangle in the middle of town. You can't miss it. Or you can meet us in Arrowbear. I will PM the both of you my cell phone number.

Looking forward to Friday.
            [COLOR=Red] '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4" Superlift, 33x12.50 MT/R's, Detriot Locker, Warn 9000XDI, York Air, SYE, Belly Up...[/COLOR]

Comment

i would love to go on saturday but i dont think my jeep is ready

Comment

Okay- So I'll plan on being at the Fawnskin fire station by 10am and we'll see what the area looks like and go from there. I'm in a red TJ with a red hi lift jack on the front bumper. See everybody there!

Jeri Lyn

Comment

Okay. I'm in

Grim, I'll be taking the 10 to the 30 to the 330 to the 18. From the map, it looks like Arrowbear is where the 330 and the 18 meet. So I can meet you there. I've PM'd you my cell #. I'm usually early everywhere I go, so I may be in Arrowbear before you. I have a white TJ with black everything else.

I'll see everyone there.
                  1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Comment

Originally posted by sam 15
                    Okay. I'm in

Grim, I'll be taking the 10 to the 30 to the 330 to the 18. From the map, it looks like Arrowbear is where the 330 and the 18 meet. So I can meet you there. I've PM'd you my cell #. I'm usually early everywhere I go, so I may be in Arrowbear before you. I have a white TJ with black everything else.

I'll see everyone there.

OK, see you in Arrowbeaw. BTW, Arrowbear is just after the 330/18 merge. The town of Running Springs is actually at the merge. Arrowbear is another mile or two down the road.

See ya...
                    [COLOR=Red] '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4" Superlift, 33x12.50 MT/R's, Detriot Locker, Warn 9000XDI, York Air, SYE, Belly Up...[/COLOR]

Comment

Double check the road condition before you guys take off. I called a buddy of mine up there and they said you have to carry chains in your vehicle, even for 4x4's with mudders. That may change by tomorrow.

JL, Let me know how the conditions are \when we talk tomorrow, I am trying to borrow some chains just in case.
                      Supe
                      97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA

Comment

Well, pooh, I don't have chains. :mad: I'll check the conditions tomorrow before I leave Barstow, which will be around 8:30 or so. I'll post a message if it looks bad. I'll call the people who's cell #'s I have if it's a no go.

Jeri Lyn

Comment

Okay, it's 7pm on Thursday and I just checked the forecast for tomorrow, and the weather service is saying snow ALL day with a high of 35 degrees. I think I'm going to hold off going tomorrow and see what Sat looks like. I don't have snow tires and don't want to be stuck on a trail for New Year's Eve.

Jeri Lyn
                          Last edited by Jeri Lyn; 12-30-04, 08:37 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

It sounds like we are going to have to play it by ear for Sat. I was thinkiong about buying some chains. Probably a good idea to have either way.
                            Supe

Comment

Judging by the weather reports it's likely that chain controls will be in place (meaning we will need to carry chains). If you don't have chains and good snow tires it might be wise to pass on tomorrow. Chains are good to have, maybe go buy yourself some tomorrow if you don't make it up. I was surprised by how much snow there is here in Arrowhead. We may resort to plan B tomorrow and head over to Green Valley and attempt to get to Fawnskin from the back side. We will be hitting the trails at a lower elevation (less snow). We'll play it by ear tomorrow.

Jeri- Give me a call tomorrow and let me know what your final plans are. I can also give you a first hand account of what's going on at 5500 feet.

Sam- We will see you in Arrowbear unless we here differently.

I will also check this site first thing in the morning for updates.

Comment

Big Bear or bust

All right-Screw it, I'm going to buy chains tomorrow early and head up to the mountain. Grim Reaper, I'll call you to see what the weather's like up there. Hope to see you all at Fawnskin at the meeting place. If you get there and see a big mound of snow with a CB antenna sticking out, that's me!

Jeri Lyn

Comment

Working...
                                X