Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GMagana
    Yeah, it's a rough one. It tore up Ant's TJ last time there too. I was the only one who made it up and I winched both waterfalls. How is Achy Breaky? Do you have GPS coordinates for it from start to end as well, or just the starting point?
    I will check this evening and see what I have. Achy Breaky is much more tame, and has some great views. I've run it with a 2" lift, 31's and open diffs. Still very fun though.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

If it was Achy Breaky I might even be up for it. Just got to see if someone wants to watch the baby. HMMM my sister now that she has Sunday's off.
      1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
      Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Alright, since I've been lurking about for a while, I thought that I'd finally chime in. I used to be on the board here and there as PDW but now I'm "re-badged" as PaulW!

I'm personally inclined to run Pumpkin Eater, but I'll run with the group. Sort of a "mob mentality" I suppose. I'd prefer to be challenged, but I really DO NOT want to put 5-10 Jeeps 1/2 way into the trail and have somebody that is mechanically "unprepared" end up being frustrated and angry due to constantly being stuck. The Pumpkin is a tough trail-this is not a scenic trail like John Bull or Calico. (caviat: entrance to Doran)

Besides, now that I have my power steering done I'm excited to run the Pumkin trail again!
        4:1 ratio racing

Comment

I'm out. Front drive-line issues that are'nt going to get resolved by sunday......blah, blah, blah.
          “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
          -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

What is so scenic about John Bull? It's just dusty rockpiles with bits of dusty road between them and perhaps a few burnt trees. The little bit of forest is also mostly dusty road too!
            Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
            2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

My thoughts exactly. The only problem with having an extremely built rig is trails like that seem like pavement. :-)
              ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
              00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
              97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Im trying to get early relief, but its not looking I can make 07:30, hopefully I can make something work.

Comment

Originally posted by FyrmanJJ
                  Im trying to get early relief, but its not looking I can make 07:30, hopefully I can make something work.
                  We can wait around till 8, and even after that, you shouldn't have a problem catching us on PE. It's a short stretch that's a slow climb at the start and you could come up the bypass rather quickly to catch us.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_L
                    My thoughts exactly. The only problem with having an extremely built rig is trails like that seem like pavement. :-)

next time try it with Deb's car be sure to get tow hooks

Comment

Instead of cooking out in Barstow, I think that we may actually need to wear some jackets!
                      The weather forecast from YAHOO! states that the high/low temp's for the day will be High: 57° & Low: 27° with a breeze that'l blowing.

Comment

Holy Crap, it's gonna be cold!

Comment

Holy Crap, it's gonna be cold!
                          Quit your whining! We've wheeled in colder weather than that! I won't be cold because I'll constantly be throwing rocks under your Jeep tires in order to help get it up & over an obstacle!

Comment

Some pictures of the Pumkin Eater.
                            http://homepage.mac.com/gfmagana/PhotoAlbum46.html
                            Last edited by sarah; 12-28-04, 01:10 PM. Reason: fixed link

Comment

The trail has completely changed. The rocks just shift after every rig that passes and the dirt is so soft that it erodes quickly too. It was much tougher than last time.

By the way your link to my site aint working. Check the URL in the link. It is displayed properly though, a copy & paste will work..
                              Last edited by GMagana; 12-28-04, 12:12 PM.

Comment

The trail has completely changed. The rocks just shift after every rig that passes and the dirt is so soft that it erodes quickly too. It was much tougher than last time.

By the way your link to my site aint working. Check the URL in the link. It is displayed properly though, a copy & paste will work..
                                Wow! Cool pics too. It rained hard for several hours here today, I bet it's even tougher now.
                                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
                                X