Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris_L
    Do not attempt any hammer trails without front and rear hard lockers, recovery equipment and someone that knows the trails. And no dana 35 or super 35's. If you break your stuff on the trail, your looking at an extremely long day/weekend. The trails are very dug out right now from guys spinnig their 40's.
    Come on Chris. I ran Sledge with a S35. No problems.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Now, now Al, I was just going off what the rock gods have wispered in the past. I'll be sure to bring that up with the group next time you come down to JV {kiddding :-)}

So when are you gonna be down next? I can smell the cobbler from here!
      ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
      00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
      97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

my Jeep only has a 2" lift with stock size tires, locked front and rear.....and if Loop Choke is there as my guiding angel, I hope I can do it. Like I said the hardest trial I have done was JB with no problems at all. Now I just need to find early relief to come in to get off earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_L
          Now, now Al, I was just going off what the rock gods have wispered in the past. I'll be sure to bring that up with the group next time you come down to JV {kiddding :-)}

So when are you gonna be down next? I can smell the cobbler from here!
          I'm ready.
          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Bad news/Good news.....My son was going to come out from Idaho with his new bride of 1 yr. to vist over the holiday. It looks like he may not make it (that's the bad news).........if not, I'm in. I've been looking to get out with some of you guys and gals, so this just might be it. Where and what time are you going to meet in JV? I may install a cb by then so a channel would be good also. while I'm at it, I might as well ask for directions and landmarks too!
            1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
              Come on Chris. I ran Sledge with a S35. No problems.
              2 hammers does not an axle make.
              I am Savvy.

Comment

BTW- What's up with PE? Did someone pave it? Last time I led or rode shotgun in the lead rig, we required hard lockers, 33's and capable rigs.

I even spent about an hour watching three ARCA competitors get denied on the big fall. Incidentally, during the run, we had a CJ flip over on it's roof off to the left down in the deep spot.
                I am Savvy.

Comment

It was the best I've been on Blaine, of course I'm still sporting 33"s. I wasn't gonna attempt the falls without the winch attached to something to keep me from going over.

We were shooting for PE but it'd be more friendly for all if we ran Achy Breaky. The last time at PE I had to winch the other rigs with me up both the falls. Depending on the number and the capabilities of the rigs that show up, maybe we should run Achy instead. I haven't run it, but I hear it's not as tough as PE and they're both at the same turnoff. I wouldn't run PE on less than 33"s and without a locker or two. Of course if a few want to do PE that can happen too I guess.

So we're meeting at the Sierra exit off of the 15 fwy. If your going North on the 15, once you pass the 210, exit Sierra and turn left. There is a Shell gas station there where we usually meet. 7:30 is the time we can probably wait around for stragglers till 7:45 if we need to. CB-4

G
                  Last edited by GMagana; 12-19-04, 10:01 PM.

Comment

I might join you guys if you don't mind. 32" MT's, locked in the front. I ran John Bull and Holcomb rather easily so I think I should be alright.
                    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Cool.

Comment

ok here is the dilly yo, the meet up is at the shell off serria and the 15 at 730am and will shoot for 800am departure, if there is anyone running late call my cell 951 764 7906 and we will wait up for you. as for the trails it looks like we will be running pumpkin eater, there is plenty of bypasses and you could take the two track almost the whole way up if you wanted
                        so far we have

03jeepster
                        Gmagana
                        paulhead
                        sam 15 "maybe"
                        FyrmanJJ
                        igofshn
                        loop choke "maybe"
                        PW
                        let me know if i missed any one, we will be on cb channel 4

Comment

do i need to change the title of this thread? we might be able to make it if it's achy breaky, since rick's jeep has a broken axle.
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Yeah, if you can change it that'd be cool. Pumpkin Eater/Achy Breaky or something. Like I said if we get enough rigs there we can do two runs. Ant is still amped to do PE though. Even though he has no gears or lockers.

Comment

Originally posted by GMagana
                              Yeah, if you can change it that'd be cool. Pumpkin Eater/Achy Breaky or something. Like I said if we get enough rigs there we can do two runs. Ant is still amped to do PE though. Even though he has no gears or lockers.
                              Pumpkin Eater isn't for the inexperienced or not-properly-equipped. Rick broke his dana30 on it last time we were there!

I posted this also on the calendar and enabled roll call. You can specify whether you are attending or remove yourself from the list, so everyone knows who will be there up intil the day comes.

Event: http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/ca...=getinfo&e=178
                              Last edited by sarah; 12-20-04, 02:06 PM.
                              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Yeah, it's a rough one. It tore up Ant's TJ last time there too. I was the only one who made it up and I winched both waterfalls. How is Achy Breaky? Do you have GPS coordinates for it from start to end as well, or just the starting point?

Comment

Working...
                                X