Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moab Labor Day 2003

Meet at Moab McDonald's Friday Aug. 29th at 8:30 P.M. We'll be camping at Kane Springs Campground (take road behind McDon's) located down the Colorado River approx. 4 1/2 miles from Moab on South Kane Creek Road. Bring your hot dogs and your marshmallows. If you don't make it Friday night, we'll leave the campground at 8:00 A.M. Saturday morning.

Who's in?
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Hey Aaron! What about the people who have to work on Friday? like rick

Comment

I'd love to join you but this is way to much driving for a 3 day weekend.

May I suggest...

Steel Bender on Saturday.pic

Poison Spider, Golden Spike and Gold Bar Rim on Sunday(start early).pic

Hell's Revenge on Monday.pic

These are the trails I most enjoyed the last trip. You should also stop and see potato salad hill and lion's back, ther're near each other.

If you really think you want to wheel 3 days you'll most likely need to take friday and tuesday off. It's a damn long drive.

enjoy.
      Last edited by blkTJ; 08-05-03, 01:11 AM.
      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I agree with Brian. I usually take at least 5 days off, 2 for driving, 3 for 'wheeling.

Hells Revenge is really a good trail. If you do Dump Bump (alternate entrance), take a line to the far LEFT. It is steeper, but seems to be a little more SWB friendly. I would stay out of the hot tubs and escilator. Lions Back is a must do. It is not technical at all, and is pretty darn wide (about two freeway traffic lanes). The view up top is NICE! Potato Salad Hill.....I tried that (a half assed attempt anyway) with my old S-10.....that last step at the top is a killer. Fins-n-things is a fun one too, some bypasses, but a stock jeep should be fine on all of it (although Kens Climb will get your attention). Top of the World is pretty easy, but has a great view from "picture rock" at the top (there is a 2000' drop strait down from picture rock to Onion Creek down below).....oh hell...every trail I have been on out there was fun....wish I could join you, but no-can-do this year. Maybe next fall.
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

rockin! thanks for the tips!

we're actually meeting rick's old roommate who moved near there and his girlfriend. it'll be a short trip but worth it! can't wait!

it'd be a shame for rick and i to drive all the way out there with only one jeep!

Comment

Moab Trail List

Those are some good trails, we'll for sure have to do Golden Spike and maybe get in a few shorter trails like Cliff Hanger or Flat Pass/Steelbender. Mmmm, I haven't been all the way over Behind the Rocks... Anybody?
            1972 Jeep Commando

Comment

Oh yeah, check this out:

http://www.4x4now.com/mu4wd.htm
              1972 Jeep Commando

Comment

Originally posted by GoinCommando
                Oh yeah, check this out:

http://www.4x4now.com/mu4wd.htm

That site rocks!!!
                Kirk
                1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Moab, you say??? I'm jealous!!! I haven't been in about 5 years! Oh well, maybe next spring I'll be able to head up there... Have fun guys, and all the trails suggested will be great!

Here's a shot of me trying not to wet myself going up Potato Salad Hill:
                  Michael Stowe
                  Tin Benders

Comment

I love that hill! I was going to take a second shot at it (my first attempt--which was really only half hearted-- only got me about 2/3 of the way up) last December. But, as luck would have it, it started snowing as I got into town. I drove out and looked at it....but there was no way I was going to point my jeep up that thing when it was about 1/3 covered in snow.

KG6OWO

Comment

I don't think I'll try that thing until I've got a full cage. kinda scary.
                      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                        I don't think I'll try that thing until I've got a full cage. kinda scary.
                        That is scary as hell when you are pointed up it! I was cool with lions back, dump bump, wipeout hill, etc......but potato salad had me wondering WTF I was thinking when I tried it in the S-10. I want to do it in the heep just to prove to it that I 'aint skeered.

KG6OWO

Comment

Well, at least in the heep your front wheels won't be pointing in opposite directions like you had with the S10 ... passenger side wanted to go left, driver side wanted to go right, and you as a driver wanted to go straight up
                          03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                          "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

goin commando, we'll be heading out sometime that friday depending on work schedules. hopefully we'll pull in before the sun wakes up LOL. we'll give you a call and let you know an ETA.

looking forward to this one! thanks everyone for your info!

Comment

Have fun! I'll be at work (pulling 12 hour shifts) cussing at you the whole time.

Maybe next year.....

KG6OWO

Comment

Working...
                              X