Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AZ: Sibly and C-gap, Nov. 19-21

Ugh. What a long weekend. Lots of fun, not much damage (save for aston's flop into the river). The 'gap has been utterly destroyed in the past couple of weeks by a dozer. From the looks of it, they are trying to re-establish one trail through there, and are blocking off all river crossings that are not on the specified route. Unfortunately, it is more like a freeway than a off road trail. Oh well, hopefully we will get a few good rains to wash it back out.

I have a ton of pics, but they are taking FOREVER to upload from the camara to the computer (~250 pics at 6.3 Mp). Will post a few when I get them processed.....
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Flop?!?!?! :confused: do tell. :yay:
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I wasn't there. The group was so large that we tried splitting it up into two groups to keep things moving. A while later we get word via the VHF that someone rolled in the creek....by the time I got back there, he was up on all 4's again at the base of a rather large rock. The jeep and all occupants faired well. Didn't even break the windshield......

KG6OWO

Comment

glad to hear everyone was allright, even the jeep. can't wait for the pics! sounds like an awesome turnout.
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Flop Report

Originally posted by blkTJ
          Flop?!?!?! :confused: do tell. :yay:
          Well...okay.

The Forest Dis-service had taken a grader, or some such, and killed most of the trail. All the juicy bits were torn up and smoothed out

On top of that we were with a bunch of Toyota nancy boys who were soooo slow. Nice guys but :yawn:

So there we were, in the wash, waiting to climb a manicured hill. Well, bollocks to this I thought, so I run along the wash a short distance and then start to climb the hard way up the rocks.

My first attempt cleverly shoved a loose boulder out the way. Then I lined up again and vroom up we went...woo hoo oops...the front end got light the wet tires started slipping, and my foot stayed on the gas. :oops:

We slid-rolled-slid and ended up on the passenger side in the wash. The wash was all sandy so no damage was done :yay:

At this point I should confess that I had a date with me :tongue: As I was hanging from the straps I wondered if a near-death experience would succeed where the cocktails and scintillating conversation, hadn't.

That's all we have time for

Goodtimes, can you ask the Toyboys and girls if they have any inverted pics?

:beer:

Chris L.
          "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

glad you and the Jeep ar o.k., good luck with the passenger.
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by aston
              As I was hanging from the straps I wondered if a near-death experience would succeed where the cocktails and scintillating conversation, hadn't.
              So did it work or not? Is she a keeper!?
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                I dunno, she drives a toyota.

aston, I'll either link or post the pics when they get them up.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                  She's cool...even if she does drive a Toyota with fuzzy seat covers
                  "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Working...
                  X