Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cougar Buttes Nov. 20-21

I'll be heading out there this weekend for the Women's Pro Rock comp, and next weekend am getting a group of friends together to go fool around on the rocks and camp overnight. Since it's not a trail run and just fooling around on the formations everyone is welcome, and I'd like to see some of you out there. If you need directions or a GPS route let me know. It's about 20-30 minutes before Boone on the 18. I want to compete next year and would like to practice out there and see what I need to work on in the Jeep. Come have some fun and bbq and bs around the campfire.
    If it works, it's time to try something new

Up in the air right now, I'd like to try and go, same crew as last time going?
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

we may be able to make it.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I am sure I can get out for this one
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

git 'er done paul!

some of the crew. tim and chris are coming (black yj, young kid with white tj) and my friend candice with a 2wd taco that wants to camp and check us out. her dad has crawled an fj for years so she knows what's what. that's all i've got for sure now. trying to get george out (rubicon with a longarm and 35's) he's a cool older dude that's always fun to have around. everyone has plans for thanksgiving week to go wheeling so it's hard to get people out the weekend before, but hopefully a few more will show up. gonna chat with blm or whoever is in charge out there this weekend to see where exactly we can camp without issue.

Comment

So where is "Cougar Buttes"?

Thanks!

FG

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

off the 15 exit bear valley road and go east, hang a right on the 18 and go aways. it's near the hammers.

Comment

Looks to be about 390 mi. from San Jose and a good 6 1/2 to 7+ hrs.... it could be doable though..

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

I would like to come also. I should be able to make it. I want to meet the rest of the crew. I met you (socalchef) at the AAT meeting.

Jason
                  The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

not that it matters right now, but for anyone looking for directions it's quicker to get off at d-street/hwy 18 and take that straight out past lucerne valley. :2:

Comment

i dunno sarah, your directions to the hammers tacked on at least an extra half hour, i'm sure more i thought they sounded a little different from what i thought i was supposed to take but figured you'd have a better idea. it was so late though that there wasn't any traffic and it was a pleasure towing the jeep anyhow

Comment

Originally posted by socalchef
                        i dunno sarah, your directions to the hammers tacked on at least an extra half hour, i'm sure more i thought they sounded a little different from what i thought i was supposed to take but figured you'd have a better idea. it was so late though that there wasn't any traffic and it was a pleasure towing the jeep anyhow
                        yeah if there isn't any traffic on bear valley road it would be faster, but there are a ton more stoplights and i seem to always get caught at each and every one!

Comment

True, I remember when I went to the last Pro Rock I got there pretty fast but on the way back it was torterous. With the trailer though I kept getting scared of the lights turning red on the 18 and not having enough time to stop while traveling at near freeway speed.

Comment

Originally posted by socalchef
                            and it was a pleasure towing the jeep anyhow
                            So how is it towing your rig.
                            “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                            -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

words cannot describe the joy i experienced saving up for my own trailer right now, as it sucks asking to borrow one, and it's expensive to rent...$55 a day, although i am getting a deal for wed-mon for thanksgiving at 'a mere' $180. for $1300 i can buy a nice used 16' open hauler though. i was pretty worried about it at first but by the time i actually got on the road there was no traffic and it was plenty easy with the anti sway hitch/links. only time i noticed it back there was on take offs. once i get me an upgraded tranny then i can bomb the motor and peel out while getting up to speed

Comment

Working...
                              X