Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are there any motels around there or near by? or is it a camping only deal? If i'm driving about... 1000 miles for the weekend, i'll probably be staying over night!

boy, looking at my mapsource map.... I just remembered that I rode my bike around hwy 18 by big bear years ago...

let me know.

FG
    Last edited by flywaterguide; 11-12-04, 08:12 AM.

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

Originally posted by flywaterguide
      are there any motels around there or near by? or is it a camping only deal? If i'm driving about... 1000 miles for the weekend, i'll probably be staying over night!

boy, looking at my mapsource map.... I just remembered that I rode my bike around hwy 18 by big bear years ago...

let me know.

FG
      there may be something in lucerne, if not there is for sure something in apple valley, about 45 min away.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Plenty in Yucca Valley which is about 45 minutes from Cougar Buttes
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

are you guys gonna camp? or just day trip?

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

I think socalchef is camping one or 2 nights. If I go I'll do the same. Nothing like cold winter air.
            “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
            -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

i sure as hell am not gonna drive home and drive back the next day i'll be camping saturday night
              If it works, it's time to try something new

Comment

If I am there, I will just be there for the day. Home is too close not to sleep in a nice warm bed
                Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

haha cool. 2 hours is my limit. it's still a nice drive for a day trip but for the weekend i'll rough it. i'd love to get a nice shell for my truck, or better yet, a flip pac, but the trailer comes first.

Comment

And the weather will be..................

Comment

[weather]92284[/weather]

Comment

Ha!! Ask and you shall recieve. Lets hope it stays consistant til next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
                          Ha!! Ask and you shall recieve. Lets hope it stays consistant til next weekend.
                          minus the t-storm
                          the weather sticker will update as time goes by

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                            the weather sticker will update as time goes by
                            Very cool.

Comment

Hopefully

I'm gonna try to make it out Sunday. Gonna get my rig smogged and registered Sat.

Comment

hope to have you all out there. paul, casey is hoping you'll be there too, we agree you're a cool cat. not being a trail, it'll be a lot of fun. no need to get in line and run the trail, we can kick back and watch others on the rocks and partake as we see fit. it'll be a lot of fun. we can camp anywhere we want and have campfires. no drugs, no drinking and driving. big deal! now ood with nails in it for the campfire, but a bundle would be appreciated. bring some meat to grill saturday night if you stick around, and try not to bring glass bottles. if you drink newcastle, a good substitute in a can is boddingtons. good cross between guinness and newcastle, very smooth and english

Take the 15 to bear valley road, go east (if going 15 N just exit right). you'll go through a bunch of stop lights, and then you'll hit the desert. the road will T off, there's a gigantic rock pile, turn right and that's the 18. eventually you'll go through a town where the speed limit progressively gets slower in 5 mph increments, and then hit a stop sign. keep going straight, there's a straight away for about 4-5 miles, then the road starts turning a sharp right. there's an intersection there as the turn starts, it's camprock road, go left. you'll follow this asphalt two lane for another 4-5 miles. a fork will come up, go right, then make an immediate right onto the dirt road. just go straight. keep going straight, i think it's like 10 miles. if you've got a 2wd tow rig stick to the narrower trails on the right. those are more 'dirtish' rather then sand, which i got stuck in you'll pass a big rock formation on the right, but keep going straight. eventually you'll get to another pile of rocks, and i'll be there. going to leave orange county between 8am. i'm off the 57 and 91, and we can caravan if you want, but i will be traveling 55 the whole way with the trailer, or we can meet at the valero gas station on the west side of the freeway off the 15 (they've got great toffee flavored coffee ), and it'll be 55 limit the rest of the way anyways. i'll try to be there around 9-9:30.

PM me if you want my cell phone number or a gps route.

here's pics of the location
                                http://bustedknuckles.net/womenspror...es/img0579.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X