Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pumpkin Eater: Loop Choke's Bday Run 11/7

We took Jason, Brian and Mike up Pumpkin Eater (Stoddard Valley) today - lots of broken stuff on and around the waterfall ... Rick's front axle, bracket that holds the winch cable on, Mike's hub, and maybe more ... good times! We didn't make it far, but had an excellent time as always with these guys
    Thanks guys!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Pictures maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
      lots of broken stuff on and around the waterfall ... Rick's front axle, bracket that holds the winch cable on, Mike's hub, and maybe more ... good times! We didn't make it far, but had an excellent time as always with these guys
      Thanks guys!
      That's why you guys can't make Panamint!!! Ouch!!! Glad to see you made it home though!
      1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
      Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Originally posted by Sully
        Pictures maybe?
        some posts are usless without them.

myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Yup, I finally broke my stock front junk... I guess I can't complain considering everything that axle has been through. The passenger side ujoint blew up pretty good, both sides of the shaft got nicked a bit, but I think I might slap it back together for now until I get the 44 done...
          1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
          My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Sorry for butting in here, but did anyone happen to get GPS coordinates? We went up there Saturday and ran what we believe to be one of the two climbs that make up that trail. I used the GPS coordintes offered here but they only provided a starting point, we had to guess what direction to head from there. I marked the first waterfall we hit and I think I even did a waypoint at the top, but like I said I have no way of knowing for sure what trail we were on.
            Here is the first waterfall.
            Last edited by GMagana; 11-08-04, 05:29 PM.

Comment

GMagana, you found it - welcome to the board. I will have to add a couple more coordinates including the waterfall to give the trail some more definition. Were you not able to read the track files?

How many vehicles did you take through the trail and how long did you spend on it?

Comment

That pic of the waterfall looks dangerous for a pedestrian....let alone a big old jeep
                B R E T T
                87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

Actually I didn't try those "Track Files". I have a StreetPilot III that I just used for the first time on this trip (Off-Road anyway) and it came with a Mapsource something or other program but of course it's for Windows and I run a Powerbook G4. Hence my working with coordinates...

There were two other Jeeps and a Toyota with me. The other Jeeps are members here Anthony & Paul. I winched them up the first water fall but then Ant had some problems and I had to get to the top then work my way back down to winch him from a bad spot. I lost a valve stem on the 2nd waterfall and after replacing it winched up it then worked up to another tight spot where you have to make a left and squeeze through a rock face and a big boulder.

After this it cleared up and I worked down an easier path to get back to where the rest of the group was. They were just before the 2nd waterfall. It took us from about 10am to maybe 5pm I think. I thought it was a bunch of challenges in a short trail. I want to go back real soon!

Comment

Wicked, that was definitely the part of the trail we ran. From there it loops up the next canyon and over the crest to the left there is a nice v-notch. Fellow Mac user! Let us know when you head up next. I'll try and post our pics tonite.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepJunkie
                      That pic of the waterfall looks dangerous for a pedestrian....let alone a big old jeep
                      It is! Ant did a good job of capturing it in that pic. As you probably know they usually don't do a trail justice, usually. Like in that last pic, it's a steep climb up then you have to go left so now your off camber, then you have to go up and between those rox. A front locker would probably have made it a little less dificult.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                        Wicked, that was definitely the part of the trail we ran. From there it loops up the next canyon and over the crest to the left there is a nice v-notch. Fellow Mac user! Let us know when you head up next. I'll try and post our pics tonite.
                        Cool, there's more up there huh? Yeah, I want to get back and see the rest of it. Looking forward to those pics. The rest of mine are here:
                        http://homepage.mac.com/gfmagana/PhotoAlbum45.html

Comment

Cool pics! Both times we've been there it's been cloudy or hazy. Your pics rock, have some nice contrast to them.

Comment

Looks like a good time. I might have to try it out!
                            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

that sure does look like a cool trail! i want to give it a try some time.

great pics too, G
                              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
                              X